Print

Author Topic: School starts August 12! Why God, why?  (Read 11732 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 08:53:25 AM »
I go from 8:40 to 3:40, and our schools start August 9. WAAAAAAAAAAAA.

--------------------
"Whilst thy banter is freshest of any month-old fruit, I must away, you poppinjays! I''m off to find me lute! Forsooth!"
"..... What the crap was that all about?"
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2005, 09:46:42 AM »
My school starts before Labor Day. The problem is is that there are rumors that the school day might extend to another hour, being 7 hours and 15 minutes long! ACK!

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2005, 10:21:16 AM »
>Early morning is not your friend.

Several studies have shown that students do better in subjects like math in morning classes than evening classes.  I'm not sure how 7am compares to 9am though.

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2005, 10:55:05 AM »
My school starts August 9. Heh. Not complaining.

« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2005, 11:56:16 AM »
I bet your studies were biased by using the late morning classes(when people are finally fully awake) and late evening classes(when people are already exhausted). Nobody's at their best when they're still half-asleep in the early morning.
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2005, 02:16:52 PM »
I've been known to sleep in my first class since I started going to school at that time.

I hope one of my free periods will be my first this year.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Mr. Koopa

• Banned
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2005, 03:22:19 PM »
Well at my school you gotta be there at about 7:30. The problem is I live about 1 hour away from school. But if you count all of the kids on it, it's about 2 hours away and I'm 2nd to get on the bus. I have to get up at 4 Frickin 30 to get there on time. My family isn't even up yet when i have to go to my bus stop in every kind of weather and the driver's always late. I swear to God she was late and I had to stand out there during a blizzard!!!
Food or Mr. Koopa? I'll have Mr. Koopa

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2005, 05:51:36 PM »
6:00 in the morning is hardly early.  Sure, it is for school, but I've woken up after six on only a handful of days.  When I get up is an entirely different story...  because I get up at 6:30 the latest.  Then I get ready for school, which starts at 7:45 the earliest.

School is school, no matter how long, early, or what class.  It can be fun, or very very not fun.  If you like school, be grateful that you do, because some people just can't enjoy school.  I am always glad when school is fun, because sometimes it isn't.

Depending on your preferences, this signature is either funny, thought-provoking, dramatic, or something else.

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2005, 05:56:15 PM »
In Pre-AP English last year, I always felt like falling asleep. Still, I did well enough to get on the honor roll. Now I'm a Sophomore, and I have to take the AP test for acceptance into AP English. To anybody whom has taken this test, I want the truth. Is it hard? Super difficult? Easy? I gotta know!

"Does this mean were not getting pizza?" ~ Patrick from Spongebob Squarepants
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Mr. Koopa

• Banned
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2005, 08:14:39 PM »
I wish i was an honor roll student. I guess i just get too bored in school. has anyone ever took spanish? I never understood what they were saying. Si this Si that...
What [edit] is a si!!!!

~Stop swearing, or you'll "si" yourself banned. ~Sapph

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/10/2005 12:28:16 PM
Food or Mr. Koopa? I'll have Mr. Koopa

« Reply #25 on: July 29, 2005, 11:08:15 PM »
Si means yes.

I laugh at all who start school in August. I don't start till after Labor Day *pops ballons* Then again, I do have orientation a week before school officially starts. Actually school can be a good thing. I get back to my normal eating habits (During summer I usually eat whenever I feel hungry) and It makes weekends worth looking forward agian.

Kelso: Guys this is a game of Cat & Mouse between me & Hyde. I''m gonna make him admit he''s been going out with Jackie behind my back.
Fez: Guys, what happens in Cat & Mouse if the cat is retarded?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2005, 01:26:43 AM »
I still don't get why children have to complain and make threads like these every single time their summer vacation is about to end.

You're in school most of the year anyway. You need school, as much as you guys hate it. It's the only way you can get a job and learn about things (though it can be argued that you learn more in college than in regular grade school) later on in life. Just think about how other people have it in other countries.

We have two and a half months of vacation during the summer. People in places like Europe only have one month off. I'd say, stop complaining about the position you're in and think of how lucky you are compared to others. You've had your time off, now it's time to start learning again.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #27 on: July 30, 2005, 01:35:33 AM »
I never really HATED school. The worst part was ALWAYS getting up so dang early in the morning! The rest ain't that bad, except for the work n' stuff.

I probably have a million stories from school to tell, but a lot of them are mostly excessive bragging, so I'll spare you the wrath of my inflated ego.

Edited by - CashCrazed on 7/30/2005 12:36:12 AM
"I'm a stupid fatty and I like to play with my Easy Bake oven." - frostbite

« Reply #28 on: July 30, 2005, 10:08:31 AM »
First off, I'm not a child. And second, I don't hate school. I have to agree with CashCrazed, it's getting up in the morning that is so hard. The food is good there, and friends make it all the better. I guess what I really mean to say, is that I'll miss doing everything I like to do in the summer. Swim, running, and all that stuff.

"YOU FOOOOOLS!!! YOU''VE MESSED WITH THE NATURAL ORDAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!" ~ The story telling crow from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Edited by - PaperLuigi on 8/1/2005 1:46:06 PM
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Martini

• Banned
« Reply #29 on: July 30, 2005, 10:21:36 AM »
I wont laugh at people who go to school at augest 12th (snicker) I feel bad (snicker snicker) it makes me think (LOL)no I'm just kidding that must suck I go to shool in september but I have to get up at 4:30 each morning. The agony!!!! I want to sleep until 8:30 every morning like I do in the summer.

Print