Print

Author Topic: So I have a superpower  (Read 7437 times)

« on: April 19, 2008, 09:33:35 PM »
I can accurately predict what episodes of The Simpsons will be recorded on to my Comcast DVR.
For some strange reason, at random times, a random quote from a Simpsons episode will pop into my head for no reason whatsoever. And guess what; when I look at my DVR, the episode from which the quote originates is there!

And I don't use any external resources other than my head whatsoever.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 09:51:04 PM »
"That crazy old coot in church was right!"

I'm going to hypothesize that you are either having a "fallacy of the positive instances" or planning on trying to trick us when you already have a list of upcoming shows. 

See http://www.rit.org/essays/think/esp.html

If you truly think you have ESP then contact someone like the Amazing Randy or Skeptic's Magazine and ask them to test you.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 10:23:19 PM »
I have a superpower; I can disappear as long as there are some large empty cabinets or beds around and you close your eyes while counting to 20.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 10:25:50 PM »
"I can bend spoons, but only those ones at Denny's. And you have to turn around for a little while."
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:55:13 PM »
The same thing happens to me sometimes. when I think of a word randomly I will see it somewhere else almost after I thought of it. (Like while at school or watching TV)
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 12:33:25 AM »
Just before Mario  Luigi Super Star saga came out, I had the idea to create a game like that (like 2 characters cooperating, and so on...).

Then me and my sisters sometimes say the same words in the same moment without even having planned this before! XD
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 12:36:21 AM »
My brother and I will sometimes start spontaneously humming the same song.
That was a joke.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 12:52:32 AM »
I seem to have a heightened sense of hearing.

At times, I've heard the phone ring when others haven't (only one phone in the room, and a movie was playing on full volume) and I was farther from the phone than them.

And one time, I was accurately able to tell how many marbles fell on the floor when a person dropped them, just by hearing them drop.

Both times I got a "How did he do that?" reaction from someone.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2008, 12:55:17 AM by Vidgmchtr »
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 08:23:24 AM »
... sometimes.
... sometimes ...
... sometimes ...
... At times... And one time ....
Both times...
In Science we have to keep up with the hits as well as the misses.  Think of all the other "times" in your life that these phenomenon have not occurred. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Super Caterina!

• Super Cool
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2008, 09:20:46 AM »
In Science we have to keep up with the hits as well as the misses.  Think of all the other "times" in your life that these phenomenon have not occurred. 

mmmh...you're right! they all all special and rare cases! =p But I like the few times they happen! XD
It's meee, Super Caterina! =D

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2008, 10:10:01 AM »
That prediction stuff has been happening for a long time. I can't remember how long ago it started, though. It's been at least half a year.
And I can do it without having a guide, list, or anything like that. Just my head.
"MY FAVORITE PART WAS WHEN RICK ASTLEY SAID HE'D NEVER LET ME DOWN" - Cosbydaf

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2008, 11:01:30 AM »
Maybe you've got the broadcast order subconsciously memorized?
CURSE YOU... SOMEBODY!

Johnny_Macho

• was_shot three_times
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2008, 11:14:47 AM »
Know what my super power is?  I can create a clone of myself for about a minute. Except for some reason he only shows up in this little window when I'm brushing my teeth.
"I'm your only friend, I'm not your only friend, But I'm a little glowing friend, But really I'm not actually your friend, But I am" - They Might Be Giants, 'Birdhouse in your soul'

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2008, 11:31:50 AM »
My superpowers are involuntary, and only recently have they begun to develop. 1) I can turn invisible, but it only works whenever I don't want to be invisible, and 2) I can vaguely predict what'll happen to me in the future, but it only occurs when I'm dreaming.

Are super involuntary acting skills a superpower? How about being able to move your fingers a certain way? I wasn't sure if those counted.

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2008, 04:53:30 PM »
I can make lots and lots of ice cream appear; but only when nobody wants any.

Print