Print

Author Topic: Favorite Mario soundtrack  (Read 18693 times)

« on: September 02, 2008, 02:26:30 PM »
I didn't see this so... What's your favorite Mario game soundtrack? Mine is Yoshi's Story. It has some kind of exciting festiveness to it.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 02:28:03 PM by nensondubois »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 02:34:56 PM »
Galaxy, hands down.  I could listen to the Gusty Garden Theme all day.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 02:50:21 PM »
Galaxy, hands down.  I could listen to the Gusty Garden Theme all day.

Oh please, Purple Coins was much better than Gusty Garden.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Wiiario

• Has seen Kirby naked
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 02:55:50 PM »
All of Galaxy's music is better than all of Galaxy's music.
Anyway, Galaxy, for most (Me too), is most likely going to be picked. I mean, come on! First time orchestrated music for a Mario game, and they nailed it!
I really don't care much for logic.

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 03:32:35 PM »
I think Galaxy's pretty much the hands-down winner (it gets my vote too). Let's leave second favorite soundtracks open for discussion as well, because mine would be Super Paper Mario. It has lots of great music that fits the level themes perfectly, and it's the first time I've heard actual recurring themes for particular characters, bar Grodus (that was in a much more minor way anyway). The different remixes of Count Bleck's theme were great.

About Galaxy itself, I like...
-Good Egg (very fitting and epic for a "mission" air)
-The ghost theme (nice and creepy, would also fit something else like a post-apocalyptic ice area)
-Gusty Garden (what everyone else said; very generous and epic. I'm not sure what I mean by generous, but that word came to mind)
-Melty Molten (intense, firey, and catchy)

These are just my particular favorites; I love almost all of the tracks, including some like the ice/fire theme, Dusty Dune, and Purple Coins.
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 04:08:58 PM »
I think Galaxy's pretty much the hands-down winner (it gets my vote too). Let's leave second favorite soundtracks open for discussion as well, because mine would be Super Paper Mario. It has lots of great music that fits the level themes perfectly, and it's the first time I've heard actual recurring themes for particular characters, bar Grodus (that was in a much more minor way anyway). The different remixes of Count Bleck's theme were great.

About Galaxy itself, I like...
-Good Egg (very fitting and epic for a "mission" air)
-The ghost theme (nice and creepy, would also fit something else like a post-apocalyptic ice area)
-Gusty Garden (what everyone else said; very generous and epic. I'm not sure what I mean by generous, but that word came to mind)
-Melty Molten (intense, firey, and catchy)

These are just my particular favorites; I love almost all of the tracks, including some like the ice/fire theme, Dusty Dune, and Purple Coins.

Don't forget Toy Time Galaxy, Gateway Galaxy, Space Junk Galaxy, That remix of the SMB3 athletic theme,
Bowser Stage, Metal Bowser and a bunch more I forget, oh and, the best is Super Mario Galaxy (no contest)

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 04:32:03 PM »
All of Galaxy's music is better than all of Galaxy's music.

Also your contradictions are better then your contradictions.

Galaxy is good.

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 04:48:37 PM »
I'd like to give honorable mentions to Paper Mario: TTYD and Super Mario Sunshine.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2008, 05:06:49 PM »
SMS was okay... but every level was more or less the same song.

Galaxy's, of course, rocks hard by default. I must give props to the Mario RPGs, though, especially M&L2 and TTYD.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2008, 06:26:56 PM »
Ah yes1 how could I forget about PM2? That I have as a close second.

« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2008, 06:55:44 PM »
Oh please, Purple Coins was much better than Gusty Garden.

Welcome to the land of opinions! Everyone has one, and sometimes they may be one that you disagree with.

There are a lot of Mario games that I think have good soundtracks, and here they are in no particular order..

Mario 64 (the Secret Slide, Lethal Lava Land, and the ending theme)
Yoshi's Island (quiet nearly all of the tracks)
Mario RPG (Bandit's Way sticks out in my mind always..)
New SMB (The Towers, Castles, and some of the general level music is great)

Those are just some of the soundtracks that I really enjoy, along with the one game I am sure is on everyone's list: Super Mario Galaxy
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2008, 07:05:46 PM »
Welcome to the land of opinions! Everyone has one, and sometimes they may be one that you disagree with.

That was not an opinion, it's a proven fact.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2008, 07:54:31 PM »
I read this thread title as "Favorite Mario Sound Effect".
No! I don't want that!

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2008, 08:11:18 PM »
That was not an opinion, it's a proven fact.

Proof?
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2008, 09:24:42 AM »
Most games I've played each have their own combination of great songs and then just other songs that are fine but aren't amazing.  For example, I liked a lot of music in Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga, but some of the songs weren't amazing.  I really just liked the Map theme, Oho Oasis, and the general World Theme.  Same with Super Mario 64: I liked the Dire Dire Docks theme, and Hazy Maze Cave Theme, etc, but I didn't much care for the Snowman's Land level music.  It was fine, just not spectacular.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Print