Print

Author Topic: Favorite Mario soundtrack  (Read 18686 times)

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2008, 10:07:23 AM »
Super Mario Sunshine for me!  It has such a.....*takes a huge breath of air*  AHHHHHHHHHH, feeling to it.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2008, 01:40:34 PM »
Oh please, Purple Coins was much better than Gusty Garden.

Again, that was your opinion.

Just because somebody doesn't like a piece of music that you do like doesn't mean they are wrong. They may have different tastes in music. Your opinion on the Purple Coins track is obviously much higher than TurtleKid1's. I do agree that the Purple Coins music is good, but I am not going to go and say that any one track is better than another. That would just be my opinion.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Reading

• is FUNdamental
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2008, 04:37:12 PM »
I read this thread title as "Favorite Mario Sound Effect".
Huh, that's what I thought it was at first too when I only saw "Favorite Mario Sound..." in the forum index. :P

Just because somebody doesn't like a piece of music that you do like doesn't mean they are wrong. They may have different tastes in music. Your opinion on the Purple Coins track is obviously much higher than TurtleKid1's. I do agree that the Purple Coins music is good, but I am not going to go and say that any one track is better than another. That would just be my opinion.
Are you sure he wasn't sarcastic?
We went to see them for the first time in 5 years because they were going away for 3 years.

« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2008, 02:56:05 PM »
Galaxy for me as well. Basically all of it is awesome, and the Battlerock music and the remix of the Airship theme have to be two of my favorite mario tunes ever.

Second favorite would be the first Paper Mario, which had some of the best background music ever in an RPG, IMO.
What is a mystery? Just go inside my head, and you'll find out.

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 10:12:14 AM »
doo doo doo do doo doo do
"it's always the present"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #20 on: September 06, 2008, 01:14:59 PM »
Super Mario Sunshine has such a AHHHHHHHHHH feeling to it.
I agree. AAAAHHHH!!!!
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #21 on: September 06, 2008, 02:30:56 PM »
I agree. AAAAHHHH!!!!

QFT, SMS had a decent to good sountrack.

Also, YIDS was not bad at all compared to YI, but YI was probably better.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #22 on: September 06, 2008, 02:40:04 PM »
I was actually making a spiteful comment towards the game about how much I dislike it. I'll agree that Sunshine's soundtrack was mostly relaxing, but that's not necessarily a good thing--it can be utterly unmotivating.
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2008, 03:16:59 PM »
Ricco Harbor wasn't, but after a while it got annoying.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: September 06, 2008, 05:13:39 PM »
I never had a problem with SMS's soundtrack. I liked the choice of instruments. It suffered extensively from single-theme syndrome though. Super Mario 64 did too, but the different versions of the single piece of music in the game were more cleverly done.
As for SMS itself, I enjoyed it. Aside from the utterly stupid Boo redesigns.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2008, 05:41:33 PM »
Most of the enemy redesigns didn't bother me much (King Boo in SMS > King Boo in every spinoff he appears in), but I absolutely cannot stand those godforsaken Cataquacks. My least favorite enemy drones in Mario history.

« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 06:06:34 PM »
Ricco Harbor wasn't, but after a while it got annoying.

If you listen closely you'll realize that it's a remix of the SMS theme and you'll also realize how dang close it is and how stupid you are for not realizing it.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 06:16:30 PM »
He was saying that it wasn't relaxing in response to my post.
It's YOUR problem!

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2008, 06:25:55 PM »
I never had a problem with SMS's soundtrack. I liked the choice of instruments. It suffered extensively from single-theme syndrome though.

What do you mean? You mean that some songs sounded too alike? (Purple Coins, Gusty Garden, credits)
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2008, 07:49:24 PM »
Note that I was referring to Super Mario Sunshine, not Super Mario Galaxy.
It uses one theme for nearly all the normal level BGMs in the game, much like SM64.
That was a joke.

Print