Print

Author Topic: September 11th  (Read 10193 times)

« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2008, 09:22:38 PM »
I was in seventh grade. I had no idea what happened until my brother picked me and my friend up from school, and he bought a new living room TV just to see the event. However during recess I remember some kids coming to me and saying "Hey Tom, we're all going to die." I heard of explosions or something happening in Boston and Washington D.C.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2008, 10:15:57 AM »
I was in 7th grade, and I was like the only student in my classes to not be taken home. I didn't really do anything for it yesterday though, because honestly it was seven years ago and as sad as it is, people need to just move on.
Ditto used Machop!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2008, 10:35:33 AM »
I believe I was in my 9th grade Algebra class when I first heard of it. But I was too busy trying to figure out this puzzle involving pegs to really care.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2008, 10:55:03 AM »
I was in third grade and I was watching it on TV though cause I wasn't in school.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2008, 02:36:33 PM »
That evening I remember being quite angry that our local Fox station wasn't showing its regular syndicated episode of The Simpsons. The were just showing the same videos of the towers collapsing and things burning, so what did I care? New York was just some place I didn't care about and had never seen.

>:(

X(

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 06:17:53 PM »
That evening I remember being quite angry that our local Fox station wasn't showing its regular syndicated episode of The Simpsons. The were just showing the same videos of the towers collapsing and things burning, so what did I care? New York was just some place I didn't care about and had never seen.
"Why does this always happen to me?"

...there's a possibility nobody even gets what that quote is.
I'm a horrible person.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 08:15:01 PM »
That one Weird Al song.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Shyguy92

• Ridicules
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 11:10:07 PM »
I know a guy that didn't hear about it until three years after it happened
"it's always the present"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2008, 07:38:32 AM »
I would genuinely like to hear the circumstances behind that.

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 09:01:12 PM »
regular syndicated episode of The Simpsons..

lol syndicated. Well as I remember it, I was in he fourth grade, during lunch. trying to enjoy my food when I was picked up by mother. I asked her what was going on and she said "A terrorist attack!!" She said that earthquakes were reported from one tower falling. Our whole family was watching it on TV, I think I saw the second one fall but I'm not sure.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 10:29:47 PM »
I was in 2nd or 3rd grade, and I'm not lying, but the night before, I had the strangest feeling that something bad was gonna happen. And sure enough, the next day, my mom came home from dropping my brother off at Junior High, and she told me to turn on the news because she heard something on the radio. And I remember seeing the towers fall that morning. I have never had that feeling that something bad was gonna happen since, or before that.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

MushroomJunkie

• He's serious
« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2008, 07:22:14 AM »
Near but before the time of the attacks Chris Carter released the pilot to his new series "The Lone Gunman".  The episode was about a passanger plane with a bomb implanted in it that was being being remote controlled by terrorists or conspiracists.  The people with control over the plane directed it straight for the twin towers planning to of course, drive it into them.  But the main character's friend hacked the bad guys computer or whatever and gave the pilot back control at the last second thus saving everyone in the towers and everyone in the plane.  The plot in the episode was so close to what actually happened that the government called up Chris Carter and asked him if he knew about this ahead of time.  Of course he didn't and it was all coinsedence. 

This is just a weird fact but Chris Carter also made the X files (which is my favorite show) and the first X files episode aired September 11, 1993.  It seems his shows have strange connections with the bombings.
Probably likes Sonic games better than anyone else on the fungi forums.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2008, 09:04:27 AM »
I don't remember anything except where I was when I first heard about it. I was on my parent's bed, maybe my brother was there too, I can't recall that (or even exactly why I was on the bed)... but my dad was using the internet next to us and said something about how planes had hit the World Trade Centers. He didn't really say anything beyond that, maybe he didn't know anymore than I did, but at that moment I figured it was just a freak accident or some drunken nut in a microplane. For the next few days, there was only one thing on TV over and over: That footage of the planes hitting and the buildings crumbling...

« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2008, 12:50:33 PM »
It was my birthday, so i just didn't pay any attention to the fact at all and probably never will.
I only watch [adult swim]

chucknorris

• ID:10 Tango error
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2008, 04:41:40 AM »
i didn't find out about the twin towers until 2003.
How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could could chuck wood?

A wood chuck could chuck as much wood as a wood chuck could chuck if a wood chuck could chuck wood.

Print