Poll

Mario Party 9

Yes
19 (57.6%)
No
14 (42.4%)

Total Members Voted: 33

Print

Author Topic: Is it time for Mario Party 9?  (Read 27158 times)

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »
One word: No.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2010, 01:56:41 PM »
Yeah. The Wii's been out for over over 3 years and only has ONE Mario Party! HEY NINTENDO! MAKE A NEW MARIO PARTY!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2010, 06:40:08 PM »
Maybe just one more, but I don't think the Wii should have more than two or three Mario Parties
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2010, 10:12:44 PM »
I would like another Mario party...it should be a REALLY big one! :D
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:38:44 PM by waddle_doo »
I don't see why we can't have links or images in this.

« Reply #34 on: January 23, 2010, 05:30:38 PM »
My opinion on the one's I've played...

MP2: It's alright for the first sequel. It had really good minigames IMO.
MP4: THe presentation was overall nice I have to say, and the mingames were good but my opinion is biased to the fact that this was my first GCN game a long time ago so of course I'm going to like it...
MP5: I don't hate it, but at least they tried to innovate...even though they failed. It also has this weird vibe to it.
MP6: I don't really remember besides the day/night thing and the microphone thing which seemed cool at the time.
MP7: I haven't spend too much time with this either before my disc cracked. But unlockable characters and stuff was cool. I didn't like the new ways of getting stars though...
MPDS: Not bad for it being on the DS and still being better then some of the console versions.

Honestly, they should just make a huge Mario Party game with a huge story/scenario and basically do what Brawl did (or Melee, actually) to the SSB series.

« Reply #35 on: January 24, 2010, 02:12:18 AM »
I will always give Mario Party DS huge props for being basically the only DS game that actually lived up to the promise of what single-card multiplayer was touted as. You play full, real, 4-player Parties with a single-card. If it used the standards of any other DS game, you would have 2-player only on a single board with 15 of the minigames available.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #36 on: January 24, 2010, 02:37:13 AM »
If it used the standards of any other DS game that isn't Clubhouse Games, a Puyo Puyo game, or a Bomberman game, you mean?

« Reply #37 on: January 24, 2010, 03:51:34 PM »
I will always give Mario Party DS huge props for being basically the only DS game that actually lived up to the promise of what single-card multiplayer was touted as. You play full, real, 4-player Parties with a single-card. If it used the standards of any other DS game, you would have 2-player only on a single board with 15 of the minigames available.

I didn't know that, that's actually pretty sweet.  Maybe I should buy it sometime...
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #38 on: January 24, 2010, 08:22:34 PM »
Any love for Mario Party-e by some crazy chance? lol

*owns and occasionally plays Mario Party-e*
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2010, 02:36:34 PM »
Those e-games are pretty fun. Mario Party Advance was fun too.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Sqrt2

« Reply #40 on: January 27, 2010, 06:37:04 PM »
Unless it was a compilation game (featuring boards/Mini Games from the first 8 console titles), I'd have to say no, I'm afraid.
AA fanboy and proud!

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #41 on: January 28, 2010, 08:42:15 PM »
Unless it was a compilation game (featuring boards/Mini Games from the first 8 console titles), I'd have to say no, I'm afraid.

You know, people complain about Mario Parties all being the same thing, then they literally ask for one that's copypasta'd from past releases. I'll never understand it.
No! I don't want that!

« Reply #42 on: January 28, 2010, 09:11:56 PM »
I'd prefer to picture it as a "greatest hits" compilation of sorts. If Nintendo's ever going to wrap up the series, it had might as well go out with a bang rather than wallow in mediocrity, amirite?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #43 on: January 28, 2010, 09:47:07 PM »
I'm with Jim. You nostalgists don't know what's what. Good new stuff is better than good old stuff. 1-3 need to hit VC, then all 1-8 will be playable via Wii. Then we need a widescreen 9 (all new material).

« Reply #44 on: January 28, 2010, 10:45:35 PM »
Lizard Dude and Captain Jim just ate you for dinner. Jim paid the check.

Print