Print

Author Topic: Mario Game Records!  (Read 5659 times)

« on: November 24, 2001, 11:11:30 AM »
Today I played Dr. Mario 64, I hadn't in a long time. . . and in Marathon mode, got some interesting records. My game lasted 27:23, during which I cleared 467 viruses and scored 192,400 points. I was very surprised, since my old record was 81,400 points-- a vast improvement.

Can you beat that record? I'm sure you can-- after all, I was playing on MED speed, and scores are 50% higher on HI speed! If you play on HI speed, you'll certainly beat it!

Also, do you have any other Mario game records you'd like to share? For example, the most jumps I ever had in MP3's Tick Tock Hop was 93. If you want to try and beat it, you should use two controllers, since even on Hard, the computer can't manage that many jumps.

----------
OK, I pressed the profile sig button. What? It doesn`t show my sig? That`s not fair!
----------
Dennis, Nell, Edna, Leon, Nedra, Anita, Rolf, Nora, Alice, Carol, Leo, Jane, Reed, Dena, Dale, Basil, Rae, Penny, Lana, Dave, Denny, Lena, Ida, Bernadette, Ben, Ray, Lila, Nina, Jo, Ira, Mara, Sara, MARIO, Jan, Ina, Lily, Arne, Bette, Dan, Reba, Diane, Lynn, Ed, Eva, Dana, Lynne, Pearl, Isabel, Ada, Ned, Dee, Rena, Joel, Lora, Cecil, Aaron, Flora, Tina, Arden, Noel, and Ellen sinned. [Mario sinned!]

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2011, 12:06:08 AM »
I beat Super Mario World in 16 minutes.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2011, 12:08:21 PM »
I've got two stars on everything in Mario Kart DS. I had a similar ranking in MKW, but that was before the Wii crashed. I'm back up to at least an A rank, but my drive (hurr) to play the game has gone way down.

As for platforming Mario games, I finished SMW once in something like 12 minutes taking the shortest possible route, but that was a while back.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2011, 02:37:29 PM »
I 100%'ed SMW in about two-and-a-half hours, but I doubt that's a particularly impressive feat.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
I'm sure that you all know what I did by now (with more to come).
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 01:27:22 AM »
What was my record for Wario's games in Smooth Moves again? The one that was so high all anyone could do was taunt the illusion that my arm was detached in the photo? Hmmmmm

I've gotten both the highest and lowest rankings in Luigi's Mansion. Everyone makes it seem like a big deal to get little enough money to get the tent but it wasn't so hard... so you decide if that's an accomplishment

I have also beaten Outrageous without the use of power-ups, if I remember correctly.

I did an all-BP run of Paper Mario 2, but then it became a Danger Mario run, and therefore crazy easy. I beat the Pit of 100 Trials before Chapter 5

Once I got two Ulti-Free Badges in Partners in Time.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 11:15:06 AM »
I beat SMB without warping or dying before most of you were born. 
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2011, 01:16:30 PM »
Double-star rank in MKDS, Triple in MKW (albeit with a goodly amount of restart-spamming).

I cleared SM64 70-star in 1:33 and with 3 deaths some bored Sunday afternoon last fall semester.

Upwards of 2,400,000 points in SMBDX's challenge mode (enough to make the screen turn green again), nearly half a million in 7-1 alone.

Under 100 death count on my second full playthrough of SMG2.

Beat the Pit of 100 Trials in PM2 with 25 HP and 10 FP; making plans to try a pre-Hooktail run.

All that aside, I don't think I can trump power-up-less Outrageous without a good hour-long session, lol.  That level is still beastly to clear without taking a hit.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2011, 10:24:42 PM »
Sorry for the double-post but, this.

Wow, didn't expect to do it on the first try.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2011, 02:21:01 AM »
Wowee

Fine choice of stat upgrade at the end, there, sir
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Print