Print

Author Topic: I have a problem  (Read 1536 times)

« on: April 04, 2003, 11:05:42 PM »
There's this one website called Reality's End (maybe you've heard of it), and although it's a really great site, MintMan (the webmaster) and I didn't get along too well at the forum. Actually, it seemed like he was singling me out! When I got flamed by someone else at the forum, he apparantly didn't care, but when I fought back (using words, of course), he threatened me.

Eventually, I just got so angry that I made a threat to HIM about totally leaving the web site, and trying to prevent others from learning about the site. Of course I didn't really mean to do this, but he simply banned me from the forums, then and there. Apparantly, he tried to rub it in during an update saying, "I got the forum's banning system implemented and was forced to use it."

This is where the problem seems to get dumb. This happened about six months ago, and I dropped the affair after about a half a month (and did not actually leave the site). Last month, however, I was told by LieutenantEagle, the only person at the RE forum who understood my stance, that MintMan still hates me, and I realized at that point that the things I did that were considered "problems" lead to much needed changes to the forum (*cough* HTML in subject line *cough*). In other words, it occured to me that I caused the fixes to be made.

I have two questions about this:

Why can't MintMan forget what happened six months ago?

Since when has playing with HTML in a forum force an admin to ban a user?

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 10:14:14 PM »
Answer: It doesn't.

You can be silent and let the world think you are a fool, or you can open your mouth and remove all doubt.
That was a joke.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2003, 05:52:43 PM »
 Seems to me that you're letting him get to you. In which, you're retaliation are doing quite the opposite of what you intend them to do, that they do. Of course, unless your intention was to get banned.

The way I see it is, people are jerks. Plain and simple. You can't change that. While you may have been correct in your defense, and he may have unfairly singled you out, your threat wasn't the greatest thing to say.

Now, I might suggest, having a talk with him. However, keep your head. Ask him why he dislikes you so much, and what you could do to change and be allowed back to the forums.

If he gives you some guidlines, take them with a grain of salt. However, if hostility is returned by this admin, do not respond. Simply, assuming he isn't the webmaster, send your message and his reply to the other admins and moderators at the site. Hopefully, you can have your ban lifted and expose him for what he is.

As for your questions, they may be a good thing to ask MintMan himself.

Ah, it has come to my attention the MintMan is the webmaster and sole administrator. It seems a portion of my advice is useless, that it does. However, I'd still E-mail him, or if I misunderstood, and you are not actually banned from the forum, I'd post and I'd inquire as to why you're disliked so much.

In my opinion, though, I'd be happy to be out of there. I don't know how you can put up with that random Midi generator, it was driving me insane for the short while I was there. Ah well, it seems that may not be an option for you. Good luck.

Print