Print

Author Topic: 1. We're not foreign. 2. Why do we have to wait so long?  (Read 8565 times)

« on: July 30, 2002, 04:16:33 AM »
I'm talking about the normal English release date for Super Mario Sunshine. The 4th of October? That's ridiculous. Why do the Americans get it so long before us? And for the record, the English release date isn't a "foreign" release date.

Can any big companies such as the magazine companies, TMK, Gamespot etc. stick up for us and get games released simultaneously, as they should be?

Cheers,

Matt

Mountain Dew or Crab Juice? Oh, I can''t take it any more!
You got a toilet in there? "No, toilet in tower. Tower!"

Edited by - avengah on 7/30/2002 3:18:43 AM
Cheers,

Matt

« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2002, 07:05:46 AM »
You may not be foreign to yourself, but you are to Nintendo.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2002, 12:47:16 PM »
England is closer to japan than america is. Why DO we get it first?

If it cannot break out of it's shell, the chick will die without being born. We are the chicken. The world is our egg. Smash the world shell! For the revolution of the world!-the student council, "Utena Revolutionary Girl"
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2002, 01:33:23 PM »
uhhhh....I dont think so. england is on the other side of a continent, and us north americans are just across the pacific.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

you really dont know, do you??

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2002, 02:26:00 PM »
And BESIDES THAT, you idiots, Europe has a different type of TV than North America and Japan. They need to convert all the games.

-------
In my dream, the world had suffered a terrible disaster. A black haze shut out the sun, and the darkness was alive with the moans and screams of wounded people.
Suddenly, a small light glowed. A candle flickered into life, symbol of hope for millions. A single tiny candle, shining in the ugly dark. I laughed, and blew it out.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2002, 06:15:14 PM »
Europeans aren't idiots. But wasn't NOA created before ..um, NOE? And NOJ was before NOA, and blah blah blah
Be nicer to people, frostbite. Please.

I don't have a signature.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2002, 06:21:34 PM »
I'm not calling the Europeans idiots. I'm just calling everyone that doesn't-know-that the-main-reason-Europe-doesn't-get-games-as-early-as-Japan-and-North-America-is-because-of-the-different-types-of-TV idiots.

-------

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2002, 03:59:59 AM »
They shouldn't need to convert all the games. Signal from the console to the television should be dealt with by the console, not by the game. It would save a lot of hassle and delays.

This doesn't explain why we have to wait for GBA games, either. They are virtually identical from continent to continent.

But England was here first, and America is one of England's colonies. So theoretically England should be first on the list.

Cheers,

Matt

Cheers,

Matt

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2002, 08:03:16 AM »
America's not a colony of England. It was originally. Then we had the war that we won and got our independence.

It''s-a me, Mario !
It''s-a me, Mario !

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2002, 08:43:19 AM »
Just because America became a country after England doesn't mean that Europe still doesn't have different TV's.

-------

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2002, 10:51:11 AM »
yeah, and then you english flooded up into my country!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sors salutis
et virtutis
michi nunc contraria,
est affectus
et defectus
semper in angaria.
Hac in hora
sine mora
corde pulsum tangite;
quod per sortem
sternit fortem,
mecum omnes plangite!

you really dont know, do you??

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2002, 02:12:01 PM »
Do you live in France?

-------

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2002, 03:18:03 PM »
You know what? I think ALL of the versions of SMS should be released sometime in July. It DOES take place in the summer, so why is it being released in the fall?! That's just not right!

It's my birthday today, and I can't get SMS because Nintendo is too slow at releasing games in America and Europe! Well... that and the fact that I don't have a GameCube.

If the USA and Europe have different release dates because of different TV screens, then why aren't there different versions of games in America for normal and Flat-Screen TVs?!

GBA games have different release dates in different countrys even though there is not one **** difference in the GBAs! What the hell's up with that?!

I heard that this new Galidor LEGO toy called the "Kek Powerizer" is going to interact with the new Galidor GBA game coming out this FALL. Fall, fall, FALL! How come no video games are ever released in the summer except in Japan?! It's so **** stupid!

Mario, Mario, Mario! What happened to Mr. Andretti?

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2002, 04:32:02 PM »
Not TV screens -- just TVs themselves.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2002, 09:58:02 PM »
NOE was established later.
Europe is simply last on NOJ's priorities.
Nintendo fans in different countries:
Japan: most
America: less
Europe: less than America
Less profit, less priority, I guess.

I don't have a signature.
That was a joke.

Print