I think it's a good idea
6 (42.9%)
I don't like it
7 (50%)
I don't observe it
1 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Print

Author Topic: Daylight Savings Time  (Read 5959 times)

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2009, 10:29:43 PM »
I'd like to have it all the time and do away with regular time.  Or at least pick a happy medium and stick to it.  I hate time changes no matter which way they are going. 
^
I like it light at later hours and darker in the morning, but I'm not a morning person, so...
I hate DLS because I lose an hour, but love it because it's light longer. The opposite is true for when it ends. Darkness at 5 PM is just depressing.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 10:31:25 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 11:14:53 PM »
It doesn't make sense to change it back an hour in the fall, when it's already getting darker by itself, then daylight savings time comes and makes it darker an hour earlier.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 11:18:21 PM »
Darkness at 5 PM is just depressing. awesome because it's nice and dark but you're still awake!

jmdblazer, Daylight Saving Time happens in the summer, not winter. Correct actual real time happens in winter.
That was a joke.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2009, 07:08:08 AM »
Since melatonin and your whatever gland makes you start getting tired right about when it gets dark, I say the later the lighter the better.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2009, 12:17:14 PM »
So why do I regularly not get tired until 2 or 3 AM?
That was a joke.

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2009, 07:28:35 PM »
I hate Daylight Savings Time. It completely threw me off track yesterday and I'm still trying to adjust to it. :\
"It's vital to reflect occasionally on whether one is overdoing whatever it is one person is doing." ~Toadsworth

Print