Print

Author Topic: A Couple Questions for One DEEZER  (Read 5862 times)

« on: December 19, 2002, 05:58:04 PM »
Deezer,

I have two questions for you.

First, how do you decide which posts in the Fungi Forums you want to respond to? You are a very busy person, as you've pointed out, and posting replies takes time. Just curious.

The other thing is about the most recent Mailbag. I sent a long but very nice e-mail to the Mailbag address seven days before the most resent Mailbag was put up -- but my message wasn't included. All of my previous messages have made the cut, but this one has been excluded, or so it seems. I have never written a better Mailbag entry, so I hope it wasn't. Maybe you can tell me this: was there any delay in between the time you got the completed Mailbag from David and the time you uploaded it to the site? Perhaps a seven-day delay? I appreciate your response.

P.S. If it helps, I signed the e-mail "Errol," which, I don't mind telling all who read this post, is my real name.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2002, 08:33:32 PM »
I don't know how Deezer desides, but I have noticed he is posting here more lately, and his updates to the website have been timely (for Deezer that is).  Deezer, you didn't lose a job, goat (er, I mean girl), or bet all of the GCN games did you.

I've gave up sending things for the mailbag.  I have several thinks posted there, but it is so much faster to get reponses here.  Although reading the mailbag is still fun.  I would like to send them some pics of rare games or SMS screen shots, but the email box is always to full.

"Errol" looks like a cool name.  How do you pronouce it?
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2002, 01:19:10 AM »
Oh, thanks, Luigison. It's pronounced air-roll. And I appreciate your response to my questions. I would, however, still like to know what Deezer has to say.

Deezer?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2002, 01:49:58 AM »
Like Errol Flynn!
That was a joke.

« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2002, 02:34:11 AM »
Wow, how old are you? Many people have made that connection, but they have all been of a certain age (maybe 30s and up).

Another "celebrity" appearance of my name, with which younger people might be more familiar, is that of the Weasley's owl in Harry Potter.

My questions at the top still stand. Deezer?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2002, 11:23:36 PM »
I am 16. Luigison is actually around 30 somewhere, I think. I just have substantial knowledge of older stuff. And actually, I know next to nothing about Harry Potter stuff.
That was a joke.

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2002, 11:52:04 PM »
You seem to know quite a bit, Chupperson Weird. I see you answering people's questions (including my own) all over the board. So I ask you: do you think there is much chance that Deezer will find this thread and answer my questions? There have been many posts already (half of them mine), but I have yet to hear from him, and that is the reason I posted it in the first place.

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2002, 12:01:57 AM »
While cruising the forums, if something catches my eye and can reply to in under a minute, then I usually do. ;)

Yes, the bag went up 10 days after I got it from David. Normally the delay isn't that bad (usually 0-3 days), but it was a combination of being busy and forgetting about it.

« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2002, 12:52:17 AM »
Excellent! Then there is still hope! Thank you, Deezer!

Deezer

• Invincible
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2002, 11:38:25 PM »
I almost forgot, the 10-day delay is the reason why its description says "Aged to perfection" on the mailbag page. Useless trivia, I know.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2002, 11:59:33 PM »
Ahhh . . . I was wondering what that meant. Useless trivia, perhaps, but interesting nonetheless.

--------------------
MarioBros of the past is Watoad of the future. That is to say, I changed my user name from MarioBros to Watoad.
[I will stop using this signature once I deem that my name change is well enough understood by everyone who cares.]
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2002, 12:39:18 AM »
Then what did "David Dayton - only human" mean? Possibly something for dissing SFA? Probably not... but I can't understand why he said that... oh well. It's like I was saying, there's people that love it, and people that hate it. Oh well.
And I guess the reason I seem to know a lot is that my parents are pretty hip.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2002, 12:45:44 AM »
What do you mean by that (your last sentence)?

--------------------
MarioBros of the past is Watoad of the future. That is to say, I changed my user name from MarioBros to Watoad.
[I will stop using this signature once I deem that my name change is well enough understood by everyone who cares.]

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2003, 02:58:40 AM »
The e-mail I mentioned above can be found at:

http://www.harbornet.com/folks/readers/mailbag.html

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2003, 12:10:18 AM »
By my last sentence, I meant that they generally know a lot and tell me lots of random bits of information.
Hip, as in knowing what's up, you know?
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2003, 01:03:17 AM »
Okay, I get it now. When you said, "I guess the reason I seem to know a lot is that my parents are pretty hip," I didn't see how your parents being hip would have anything to do with what YOU know. I did not just assume that since they know a lot, and you know a lot, they often tell you a lot of stuff. See what I'm getting at?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2003, 12:30:56 AM »
Ah. I see. My explanatory instincts aren't very sharp.
That was a joke.

Print