Print

Author Topic: Bye, Bye Boyfriend.  (Read 7169 times)

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 11:34:23 AM »
Well, He said there wasn't anything wrong with me, he just wanted to find someone more like him. Yet, in my mind we were perfect for eachother, but I guess I was wrong. He felt real bad for hurting me like that. The same thing happend to him with an other girl.
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 02:34:31 PM »
It's all an illusion.... everyone thinks they're perfect for their partners.
Everything is an illusion! Even trees...

« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 03:13:20 PM »
oh shut up meowrik,marliemoos probably sad about this and all you can do is just throw a joke? grow up.

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 08:40:15 PM »
I was going to type a witty comeback, but then I forgot what it was and began to type randomly into this reply box until I got bored which I haven't yet and I WANT A SANDWICH.

There is no ''I'' in team...Nor is there an ''I'' in group, gang, crew, squad, club, band, party, crowd, cluster, troop, or set.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2004, 01:21:54 PM »
Meow, just because you're an insensitive shallow twerp doesn't mean everyone else is too.

Saying "teenagers" *cringes* don't "feel love yet" is utter nonsense. It's possible; however, judging from your experience, you simply can't grasp the concept.

Also, you might try to stop being a shallow fool one of these days.

The universe is permeated with the odor of turpentine.
That was a joke.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2004, 05:33:33 PM »
Meowrik, that is the most horrible thing I've ever heard you say.

"No relationship at such a young age means anything, and 99% of them will not be serious, and will end up in break-up. "
~If it's not serious, there shouldn't BE a bf/gf relationship. Most kids are not ready for a relationship and are unable to comprehend love. If YOU think relationships don't mean anything, then you are too immature. Maybe that's why people shouldn't BE in them at such a young age.

"Teenagers don't feel love yet. They have simple infatuations."
You are so incredibly shallow. Just because YOU don't feel love, it doesn't mean that Marlie nor anyone else doesn't either. Frankly,  if there is no real love, people should NOT be in that type of relationship.
"Liking" someone is not love; thinking someone is "cute" or "a nice person" is not love; being attracted to someone is not love. THOSE are infatuations. But love is certainly capable for some people, but if one does not feel any, then what's the point of having a relationship? As you said, it won't last.  Why would ANYONE in their right mind not want something to last?

"All these things were reasons I was reluctant to get into a relationship for the first time recently, but I felt I needed a better companion."
~Wanting companionship is not love. THAT is "rushing in" for the wrong reason. Sure, YOU may want to BE loved, but unless YOU LOVE that person too and in the same way, you'll just be hurting them. That is horribly selfish and just plain insensitive.

Personally, I don't even think people are even READY for relationships at ALL before age 16. They are just too immature, naive and selfish to know and be ready for what they're getting into. Some people mature faster, others slower, but if one is not able to really love a person, don't even go there.

Notice how so many relationships last barely 6 months? Or if married, end in divorce? When will people learn contentment!? Wait until you find someone you really love, who feels the same way as you, and starts out as your FRIEND and CONFIDANT *before* you enter a relationship. That way you know what the person's REALLY like and they're not just putting on a good face for you.

Maybe I'm just "old-fashioned" or "too traditional" in my thinking, but relationships are something to be taken seriously. But, hey, I will never understand how this backwards world works...

Marlie, I'm very sorry for what happened to you. One may tell another they love them, but unless there are actions and signs of it, it could just be empty words. If he broke up with you because he wanted someone "better" (more like him), then it's good that the relationship's over. You deserve better, someone who will truly love you, and will not jump in because they "like" you or simply want to be in a relationship with ANYONE. I know it hurts you, but unless he learns from that problem, if he comes back he'll just hurt you again. You will find someone someday if that is what you want, but just be patient. If you don't think you're ready to really love a person, seriously consider not worrying about it and concentrating on other things. You have your whole life ahead of you. :)

Meowrik, do not tell her to "get over it"--that just makes her hurt more. She needs to be introspective and look at the situation from her heart AND mind's point of view. One can't change the past, but they can learn from it.

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 6/9/2004 5:07:19 PM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2004, 05:44:42 PM »
I sat on a bench in a park by myself today for an hour and thought about this stuff. Meowrik is wrong and Sapphira is the most right.

*puts the cat outside*

Ow. It scratched me.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2004, 06:10:35 PM »
I have things I have to say.  Not that I "have to say things"(*cough*sapph'ssig*cough*).

TO MEOWRIK:
~Lighten up a little.  That's all.

TO SAPPHIRA
~You should post more, because I liked your posts when you posted more.  Not that you have to listen to me, but your posts are missed, I guess I'm saying.
~Give Meowrik a bend.  Not a break, just a little bend.  He's a guy, and as a guy, I don't think we would know what to say on this topic anyway.
TO LIZARD DUDE
~An hour sitting by yourself outside?  Sounds an awful lot like what I do.

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if you have good aim!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2004, 06:18:01 PM »
......Uuuuhhhhh....

I choose not to go out with anyone until after High School.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2004, 06:36:29 PM »
*bows to Markio's eloquence*

I'm with Markio on his points. Especially the Sapphira posting one.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2004, 07:08:41 PM »
BLOO-HEH. I believe Meowrik is mostly right.

I say this because from seeing idiots from my school, all they want are the features of the guy or girl: aka, LUST.

I mean, seriously, there was a girl at my school that tried to COMMIT SUICIDE by stabbing her veins with a pen to die from ink poisoning because her boyfriend left her: THEY GOT BACK TOGETHER THE NEXT DAY.

I'm NOT trying to be mean, but I am trying to get across to you, MarlieMoo, (rhyme time) that you must not worry about the past and the fool that dumped you for ridiculous reasons and look at what you have right in front of you. Find someone else, but trust me, from seeing people at my school, you don't find your soulmate at 14 years old. Basically, I'm saying it won't last too long. One of my friends has gone through TEN girlfriends this year ALONE and has gone back out and broke up with the SAME girl FOUR times this year. That's how it is, it seems nowadays...
I would suggest trying high school because I am even starting to see the little 3-5 graders doing it acting as if their punks like 50 Cent and those idiots! It's ridiculous now!

Remember that this is ADVICE and not COMPLAINT messages. I want to help.

"If love is around the corner, I must be going in circles." ~My friend
+--Support our troops and now our favorite Ronald Reagan.--+

Edited by - Trainman on 6/9/2004 6:31:05 PM
Formerly quite reasonable.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2004, 07:40:50 PM »
I wasn't trying to be a jerk, I'm simply stating my observations of virtually all the relationships. Most people enter relationships since it's the trendy thing to do. I apologize if I came off a little harsh, but the best thing is to not dwell on the past.

MarlieMoo

• Party Star
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2004, 11:07:44 PM »
*sniff*sniff* Thanx Sapph. Thanx everybody!
And Meowrik, I don't mind you jokin' around. It kinda makes me feel better.

I'm so thankful for the friends I have on the fungi forums! *sniff*.  Screech, I think I do need a hug. <:)
It's Mario's world, I just live in it. :)

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2004, 11:16:32 PM »
Wow, people actually posted some meaningful things in this topic. Nice job.
200 characters and nothing to say.

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2004, 04:25:04 PM »
Well, I'm not one to speak......But. Uh, Sorry?

Don't worry, I guess. You probably wern't gonna get married. Or maybe you were. Aw, shuks. I couldn't help anyone. I'll probably make matters worse. Oh well.... Uh... sorry...I think.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print