Print

Author Topic: Amazing Unexperiences  (Read 21546 times)

« Reply #60 on: December 06, 2005, 10:09:41 AM »
I see avatars, sig banners, post count ratings... Oh yeah, and it's white.  You people with your fancy themes and whatnot... I remember back when TFF didn't even have polls!

Sig banners are evil to us 56ker's. I wouldn't mind a displayed join date though.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #61 on: December 06, 2005, 02:14:04 PM »
Why, when you can just click on the username and see it on their profile?

There are five or more things worth noticing in this image.
1) You registered 2 1/2 years ago.
2) That was your first and only post--and did so about 2 years after you joined.
3) You're the only one whose subject title is original--not a "re:"; it also lists the subject in every single post.
4) Everyone else joined way after you, and their post counts are ridiculously high; everyone has a title based on post count.
5) Someone did a quote within a quote--and to say something lame and that would've been easier to just say, "Yeah, PMTTYD is the best game." Saying WHY it's the best game would've been even better, making the reply not 'lame' altogether. ._.
6) Number of views is listed on each POST, not to mention too much stuff is listed in the username column, which could be just listed in the profile.
7) Banner sigs, AAAAAH. Oh, and avatars. You're the only one with no banner sig, too.
8) Your username is what your original one on the FF was.

Edit: AAH, "8)" turns into a smiley. How annoying. >_<
« Last Edit: December 06, 2005, 02:16:11 PM by Sapphira »
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #62 on: December 06, 2005, 04:54:07 PM »
Quote from: Watoad link=topic=8430.msg79174#msg79174 date=1129918621

As for me, I have never . . .

had a Krispy Kreme donut

[/quote

I would be so sad if I were you! You gotta have some!

Me? I've never...

1) riden on a roller coaster
2) liked cats (the musical or the speices)
3) eaten a computer keyboard

So...hurrah for me!
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #63 on: December 06, 2005, 08:28:56 PM »
Why, when you can just click on the username and see it on their profile?

Blasphemy, that requires me to slightly move my mouse to my left, click once on a screename and then click back again. Would I really waste a total of 2 seconds to see a join date?

Seriously though, the displayed join date is just something I'm used to seeing. Not saying this forum needs it, but it would be nice.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #64 on: December 07, 2005, 03:19:31 PM »
Nice job, Sapph! In some form or another you got everything that I felt to be worth noticing, plus a few others. I'm impressed.

Well, and I'm glad that we mutually see what a sham such message boards as that one are in comparison to what we have here. In how much more perfect of an environment could that single post of mine have appeared? Not any better, I would think, which means either that I got lucky or that the chances of being surrounded by such content-free material are pretty high in a place like that.

P.S. I still don't know how to control the smileys here.
The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #65 on: December 07, 2005, 04:57:16 PM »
Huzzah! \:D/

P.S. What you can do is below the reply box, click on "Additional Options..." and check "Don't use smileys" if you, well, don't want smileys. Other than that, something you say might turn into an unwanted emote. XD
Most of them are pretty obvious emotes, like :) :D ;) :( :'( :o etc. (I turned off emotes so they wouldn't change, and you could actually tell what the text that creates them is.)
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #66 on: December 07, 2005, 06:12:02 PM »
Ah, okay. Thanks!

:) :D ;) :( :'( :o

:) :D ;) :( :'( :o

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #67 on: December 07, 2005, 06:23:37 PM »
:o How were you able to do both non-icon emotes and icon emotes like that?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #68 on: December 08, 2005, 12:50:57 PM »
It's just mind boggling to think of all the things I haven't done. I can't even think of any of them right now. Did I post here before? I couldn't find a post of mine in here.
That was a joke.

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #69 on: December 08, 2005, 01:00:02 PM »
Until just now, then, posting in here was something you hadn't done. So at least you (almost) gave us one thing.

Oh, and Sapph: There are two possible ways that I can think of. What I did was use Unicode, but one also could theoretically insert the smiley images with the image bbqcode[] simplified everything equals nothing equals everything easy easy boy this is [ F ] [ U ] [ N ] stupid command system. In [i]theory[/i].
« Last Edit: December 08, 2005, 01:04:45 PM by Watoad »

« Reply #70 on: December 08, 2005, 01:16:19 PM »
I love BBQ codes.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2006, 12:24:13 AM »
I've noticed some abnormally strong disapproval of topic-bumping lately, so I guess I should apologize for this post or something. What I have to say is not "phenomenal." If you ask me, however, bumping is often a better choice than creating a new topic.

Before today, there was another item on my life's list of unexperiences that I didn't think to include in my lists here:

• Played DDR

Today that unexperience came to an end. What's really notable about it, sadly, is that I didn't like it at all. Sorry, Lizard Dude.

I was unable to stay centralized on that little, metal square in the middle, and I couldn't find the arrows with my feet without taking my eyes off of the screen—which messed me up every time I did. Never before have I gotten so frustrated so quickly with a video game. It was really quite sad. I slammed the soles of my shoes onto the flashing plastic in anger, at one point half fell off the platform, and ended up altogether walking away before the song ended.

"Stupid Japanese video games!" I thought.

But at least I knew, even as I thought so, that I was wrong. I still take pride in knowing Montana's third-best player, and he is permanent proof to me that DDR is mysteriously somehow a great game.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2006, 12:34:32 AM »
I wouldn't be so quick to simply dismiss it after one try, but that's just me. When I do play I have some trouble staying coordinated. Someday when I have more time to practice DDR, I will.
That was a joke.

« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2006, 12:37:48 AM »
I can play it on my computer, with my fingers.

But, my attempts to get a pad, as well as a PS2 to USB adaptor, failed.

The fact that production of DDR: Mario Mix is halted until March, so I still do not know how to play the real way.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Game Over

• Banned
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2006, 12:39:54 AM »
I have never:

- owned NES but I plan to
- owned XBOX, because it sucks.
- talked to a cop
- had a real haircut after 10, just trims (my hair is down past my sholders now.)
- failed a paper
- lost a fist fight
- used skis

Print