Print

Author Topic: Mario Super Sluggers  (Read 13696 times)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2008, 11:48:21 AM »
It would take quite a bit to convince me to buy any sports game, even a Mario one.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #16 on: June 25, 2008, 12:55:44 PM »
Even though im not into sports I do like thw Wii Sports Baseball so im going to pick this up
Noy Duh

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2008, 09:35:56 PM »
Regular sports games are usually too bland for me, that's why it's better if they have Mario characters in them.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2008, 09:28:23 AM »

The Character Select Screen

DK Wilds vs Koopa Monsters
Noy Duh

« Reply #19 on: June 26, 2008, 03:09:24 PM »
It looks fake. The backround is too bland.
Gently push a piece of the tube containing the intersection along the fourth dimension, out of the original three dimensional space.
- WIkipedia page on the Klein bottle

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2008, 03:51:34 PM »
Where would they have gotten a 3D render of Baby DK?

However, I do wonder why [adult] DK isn't on there, considering Bowser's square is visible.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2008, 01:27:12 AM »
It's not fake. Thats the actual roster. The game came out last week in japan.
= = = = = = =
Agender, curry fan, Top 10 lister, indie dev, gym hitter, musician, et al.

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2008, 11:44:49 PM »
That looks pretty cool. I just hope there's a co-op career mode. I also wish you could make teams with all "major" characters. And of course I hope there's real-time bat action with the wiimote, not programmed swings like Wii sports.

I'll probably get it, it's coming out 3 days after my birthday so I'll have some cash to spare. My bro and I will likely split it.
Kickin' it since 2000.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2008, 08:48:52 AM »
When people start thinking a screenshot for a game is fake because it looks bad, I think we're all in trouble.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2008, 12:45:28 PM »
When people start thinking a screenshot for a game is fake because it looks bad, I think we're all in trouble.
Well, it's a valid concern. We expect games to be flashy these days. And we don't expect gamemakers to go with poor design choices unless we're talking about, say, Ninjabread Man. And sometimes calling a bad screenshot fake is justified. Remember screenshots saying Bomberman would be in Smash Bros. Brawl? One such screenshot was very blurry, making it look like it was plausible.

For the record, I think it looks fake too. But first, I'll point out some other things. Funky Kong and Dry Bones' faces look stretched, the two Boos and Goombas look way too similar, and that baby Bowser fellow to the right of Luigi is creeping me the heck out. Are those big teeth and gums I'm seeing? What am I looking at there? Glad to see King K. Rool and Kamek (or Magikoopa, whatever), surprised to see Wiggler and Monty Mole though. And Paratroopa looks ridiculous with the wings growing out of his head, although I can see why just to distinguish the two koopas.
Also, I'd expect Donkey Kong to be in that roster somewhere (nevermind that he's in the upper-left corner). I see a grayed-out spot, suggesting that chosen players are grayed out, but that doesn't look like DK's silhouette to me, looks like Bowser's silhouette. Oh, Bowser's below. So yeah, where's DK's silhouette?

...since when were a winged and unwinged creature considered separate characters? Are they really that desperate to fill up spaces?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 12:48:03 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 01:50:03 PM »
I'm more concerned about Boo and King Boo. It'd be all right if King Boo didn't look exactly like a regular Boo with a crown. It's a shame his interesting design only lasted one game.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2008, 12:02:18 PM »
...since when were a winged and unwinged creature considered separate characters? Are they really that desperate to fill up spaces?
I take it you didn't play the first game.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2008, 12:58:30 PM »
I take it he didn't play any Nintendo sports/party game, for that matter.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Olimar2

• Sky-high strung
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2008, 01:18:37 AM »
I am definetely gonna buy this game! It seems like THA BOMB!!! But the items had to kill it. It would be better if they weren't on there.

Print