Print

Author Topic: What would the next big Mario game be like?  (Read 34044 times)

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2008, 05:44:13 PM »
I think SMW was meant to be an extension of Super Mario Land, thought I'm not sure where that came from. There wasn't even a place called "Mario Land" until SML2.

« Reply #106 on: August 04, 2008, 01:44:40 PM »
Lessee...(What I expect/want)

Next Prime Mario -World Map
Next Mario RPG   -New Mario/Luigi. New handheld system due!
Next Mario Sports-Mmm...badminton, perhaps?
Next Mario Puzzle-Why not a rehash of Wario's Woods, or Wario and Mario for American shores?
Next Mario Party -Please bring back 90% of the Mario Party 2 Formula. Bring back old boards and minigames too.

Yes, I see it now!

« Reply #107 on: August 04, 2008, 02:33:20 PM »
Thanks for reminding me, Wario's Woods and Mario & Wario need to come back. I know Wario's Woods came back (for NES? Sheesh. I grew up with the SNES version). But they're pretending like Mario & Wario didn't exist, when it was actually pretty playable in its Japanese form. If I recall correctly, Mario & Wario used the SNES mouse. Well that should be easy enough to implement on the Virtual Console, just have the Wiimote's IR pointer thingy substitute for the mouse.

If they can do that, there should be nothing preventing them from throwing Mario Paint onto the Virtual Console either. Or any of the Super Scope games (which again was a point and fire affair), like the built-in pak or Yoshi's Safari.

There was Metroid and Super Metroid and Metroid Prime and Metroid Fusion... I guess the next Mario could be Mario Prime. But I can't think of any "pure" Mario thing since the New Super Mario Bros. and Super Mario Galaxy already did that. Well, what could Mario Fusion be like... I know, fuse Mario and Luigi together. ...which doesn't seem to help. Fuse Mario and Bowser, perhaps? Superstar Saga with rivals working together?
I don't know. I can't think of what a new Mario game would be unless it's totally off the wall. I know, have a game where Mario bounces off walls... aw, I think they did that with Mario Pinball Land.
You didn't say wot wot.

Olimar2

• Sky-high strung
« Reply #108 on: August 06, 2008, 12:49:59 AM »
I think that they should make a Mario Game like Def Jam.          That Would be SO AWSOME!!!!

They should also make a new Mario sports game like Mario Volleyball and Mario Hockey.

I SO hope they make those kinds. I'll keep my fingers crossed. And whoever thinks that's a good idea, Keep your fingers crossed too.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #109 on: August 06, 2008, 08:35:58 AM »
I think you should stop posting like a deranged imbecile. That would be SO awesome!

goodie

• Nike and Reebok
« Reply #110 on: August 06, 2008, 01:52:23 PM »
Don't you think that's a bit harsh?
576f726c6420392069732061207365637265742e

« Reply #111 on: August 06, 2008, 01:54:54 PM »
How did he post like a deranged imbecile?

He has a CT and hes the newest member? O.o

« Reply #112 on: August 06, 2008, 08:29:21 PM »
Sometimes I think text formatting in forum posts does more harm than good. But then, I'm also the sort of person who thinks HTML e-mails are useless.
You didn't say wot wot.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #113 on: August 07, 2008, 08:07:52 AM »
I actually pay less attention to posts when they're written like that.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #114 on: August 07, 2008, 08:10:03 AM »
Same here...

He has a CT and hes the newest member? O.o

It kind of fits if you're judging by his posts here... ^.^
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #115 on: August 07, 2008, 08:13:23 AM »
Hey, CT justice is blind--if one is deserving, it is bestowed upon them!

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #116 on: August 07, 2008, 10:04:05 AM »
Then why are you still in Malawii?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2008, 04:07:54 PM »
Well, I do have a history of not being noticed...

Print