Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2516447 times)

« Reply #10095 on: September 30, 2009, 10:48:02 PM »

Why Wal-Mart is just now releasing these, instead of when I was a kid, I'll never know.

Those costumes have no gloves included.

This is why I hate Halloween costumes. They always forget one little feature and it ruins the whole thing. GG Wal-Mart, enjoy your poor holiday sales.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #10096 on: October 01, 2009, 12:11:30 AM »
They always manage to make the overalls look like felt stacked on top of the generic red shirt... so the straps are very thin... but too wide for the shoulders. The hats are surprisingly accurate. Of course the mustaches are always butchered. I'm not sure why they don't know what the bros' 'staches look like.... and if the messed up 'stache is there... where are the sideburns? Gotta have the right sideburns if you do the mustache.

Also, the gloves don't matter much because you knoooow if they included gloves, they'd just be like Mickey Mouse gloves. Or, according to the "Halloween Costume Producer's Law," if you produce one thing surprisingly accurately (like the hat), then something else must suffer (probably the gloves) so they thought: "Ah crap, they're gonna look horrible according to the law.... let's just not include them."
Formerly quite reasonable.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10097 on: October 01, 2009, 07:03:04 AM »
Am I the only person imagining Toad and Yoshi edible panties?

You aren't now.  Thanks a-frickin'-lot, Glorb.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #10098 on: October 01, 2009, 05:55:46 PM »
Am I the only person imagining Toad and Yoshi edible panties?

Well, I was going to say Hopefully, but..
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #10099 on: October 01, 2009, 08:40:29 PM »
Opinions needed: I'm considering purchasing this unauthorized, two-disc AC/DC compilation from some nameless Russian merchant, since the group itself has vowed never to release a legitimate greatest hits CD. On the upside, it may be my only chance for an AC/DC compilation until the entire group dies of alcohol poisoning, and the track listing is impeccable. However, there's no telling how decent the sound quality is, whether the discs will play in Capitalist CD players, or if the packaging is riddled with typographical errors ("We Salut You"?).

So, WWTMKD?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #10100 on: October 01, 2009, 11:21:52 PM »
Personally I'd buy a bunch of AC/DC albums, then rip the music to iTunes, create my ideal AC/DC playlist, then rip that to a CD and there's my Greatest Hits.

If you don't have a bunch of albums and/or you're an AC/DC rabid fan, go right ahead and buy that Greatest Hits album. One more offering for a shrine to Angus Young.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #10101 on: October 02, 2009, 02:08:34 PM »
Actually, I'm considering this half-legal compilation because I don't have a bunch of AC/DC albums, and nor have I the time, money or patience to acquire them.

Of course, it goes without saying that the group will release an official compilation the day after I order this illegitimate substitute, but they never will if I pass this CD up. So speaks Murphy's Law.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10102 on: October 02, 2009, 02:21:32 PM »
Eh, depends on how cheap. Yesterday I ordered this massively illegal CD compilation, but that's because I'm a sucker for illegal sampling and we-have-like-four-of-these-left claims.
every

« Reply #10103 on: October 02, 2009, 02:57:52 PM »
Well, I went for it. If Glorb does it, it must be a respectable practice. Besides, St. Petersburg isn't that far away.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10104 on: October 02, 2009, 06:04:02 PM »
http://tinycartridge.com/post/202852561/custom-guts-dozer-figure-by-donald-kodykoala
That guy who makes the cool figurines is at it again!

EDIT:

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:17:36 PM by ShadowBrain »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #10105 on: October 04, 2009, 09:24:32 AM »
HELL YES.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10106 on: October 04, 2009, 09:52:39 AM »
An unnerving comparison:

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #10107 on: October 04, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »
I wonder how many people didn't get the joke and thought EarthBound really did suck because of that campaign. The "we're warning you" seems to reinforce that.

You didn't say wot wot.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #10108 on: October 04, 2009, 02:35:30 PM »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #10109 on: October 04, 2009, 03:55:57 PM »
That picture is the graphic result of playing too much SMB3.

Print