Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2498766 times)

« Reply #3795 on: December 07, 2006, 09:57:58 PM »
It's an awesome movie. Plus, Pixar roxorz. :D

Yeah, but have you seen there next project for 2007? It's called, "Ratatouille". It's basically about a rat that manages to get caught in a Paris 5-star restaurant. The rat in question is named Remy, and he wants to become a chef, which he eventually does. Honestly, it seems as though CGI-animators are starting to run out of ideas. For example, after Pixar's "Finding Nemo", Dreamworks produced "Shark Tales". After Dreamwork's "Over the Hedge", Sony made "Open Season". Now, after Dreamwork's "Flushed Away", Pixar is making "Ratatouille". Sure, you're gonna say, "But they both have completely different plots! Ratatouille isn't a rip-off just because it stars mice!" Indeed, but what was the first thing you thought of when you heard of CGI movie about a mouse? Flushed Away? Plus, they both take place in Europe (FA in London, Ratatouille in Paris) and- of course- both star mice. It's too early to judge, and Pixar has pulled rabbits out of their hat before, but I just think the idea isn't that fresh. By freah, I mean an all new basis for a movie, like the Incredibles was about superheros and Monsters Inc. was about monsters.

Of course, most of the good ideas for CGI animated movies have already been used, so it's somewhat hard to think up of "fresh" ideas for animated movies nowadays.
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #3796 on: December 08, 2006, 01:01:51 AM »
It's not running out of ideas.  It's called cashing in.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3797 on: December 08, 2006, 03:41:00 AM »

Make your own here.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 03:42:35 AM by Luigison »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #3798 on: December 08, 2006, 02:20:26 PM »
?stnap sdrawkcab sih ni ecnad ot ekil oiraM soeD
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

SushieBoy

• Giddy fangirl
« Reply #3799 on: December 08, 2006, 02:24:01 PM »
Wouldn't it be cool if they made convertible soccermom's?
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3800 on: December 08, 2006, 02:40:25 PM »
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #3801 on: December 08, 2006, 03:55:30 PM »
Everyone, let's be serious for a second:

Today is the anniversery of the assasination of John Lennon, member of the Beatles. It was very sad day for the world. I'm not a big Beatles fan, so I'll let my mom talk a little bit:

December 8, 1980,  26 years ago.  Sometimes it feels like yesterday.  Time stood still the moment I heard the news.  Overwhelmed  with unbelievable saddness, I really don't think there are words to explain how many of us truely felt.   When people all-over-the-world come together to grieve in the name of one person....well, there is nothing like it.  Saddness, disbelief, anger, of course.  And then there is irony.....how ironic that John Lennon died the way he did, in such a violent manner, when he stood for PEACE! 

Here we are 26 yrs. later......Rest In Peace John!

... Any thoughts or comments on this subject?

« Reply #3802 on: December 08, 2006, 04:05:02 PM »
I pretty much observe the anniversary of Lennon's death every year, and somehow my thought this year is "Do I really have to think about it this year?"

I think about his death often enough, and yes, it is a sad thing.  Oh well, I guess I don't have much of a point.  I'm not against it being brought up or anything.  It's not like I was even particularly avoiding it.  I guess there's just something tiring about something being brought up every year, especially a death.

But December 8, I can never think of the date and not think about it.  I can't even really even think of the year 1980 without thinking about it, though.

« Reply #3803 on: December 08, 2006, 04:49:52 PM »
I didn't know. :O
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #3804 on: December 08, 2006, 09:11:18 PM »
Of course, most of the good ideas for CGI animated movies have already been used

Super Mario Bros
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #3805 on: December 08, 2006, 09:28:05 PM »
Eh, everything Mario from SM64 on just doesn't have the same kind of fun that they did before, as characters, at least.

« Reply #3806 on: December 08, 2006, 11:33:55 PM »
Quote from: Robert
Of course, most of the good ideas for CGI animated movies have already been used

Super Mario Bros

Ah, how could I forget that one?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3807 on: December 09, 2006, 03:15:54 AM »

« Reply #3808 on: December 09, 2006, 11:53:43 AM »
???
"If they make greeting cards to thank people for helping with evil plans, I owe you one!" ~Dimentio, Super Paper Mario

« Reply #3809 on: December 09, 2006, 07:06:47 PM »
I WANT THE WII!
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Print