Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2498865 times)

« Reply #8835 on: November 17, 2008, 03:33:05 PM »

« Reply #8836 on: November 17, 2008, 06:12:54 PM »
An algorithm for stretching the pixel to make the object look bigger. Randy Newman. lol

ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #8837 on: November 17, 2008, 09:34:53 PM »
Drawer

A drawer is a piece of furniture that is most often shaped as a short, wide topless box and is used for storage. It is generally stored within another, larger piece of furniture (such as a dresser), and may be pulled out from it partway to access its contents, as in a chest of drawers. Many drawers have pulls, handles, or knobs to facilitate pulling them out from the enclosure.

Most older or inexpensive furniture and cabinets use wooden sliders, upon which the drawer slides as it is opened or closed. Wood slides are lubricated with paraffin wax. Newer furniture and cabinets may use plastic friction sliders, or more elaborate bearings sliders, which will provide smoother operation with less binding.

There are many types of drawers. An example of one is a Cash drawer.

A cash drawer is generally a compartment underneath a cash register in which the cash from transactions is kept. The drawer typically contains a removable till. The till is usually divided into compartments used to store each denomination of bank notes and coins separately to make counting easier. The removable till allows moneys to be removed from the sales floor to a more secure location for counting and creating bank deposits.

A cash drawer is usually of strong construction and may be integral with the register or a separate piece that the register sits atop. It slides in and out of its lockable box and is secured by a spring-loaded catch. When a transaction that involves cash is completed, the register sends an electrical impulse to a solenoid to release the catch and open the drawer.

Cash drawers that are integral to a stand-alone register often have a manual release catch underneath to open the drawer in the event of a power failure. More modern cash drawers have eliminated the manual release in favor of a cylinder lock, requiring a key to manually open the drawer. The cylinder lock usually has three positions: locked, unlocked, and release. The release position is an intermittent position with a spring to push the cylinder back to the unlocked position. In the "locked" position, the drawer will remain latched even when an electric signal is sent to the solenoid.

A Drawer
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 09:36:36 PM by hydrakiller4000 »
Hacky, please stop teaming with the computers.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #8838 on: November 17, 2008, 10:51:25 PM »

A Drawer
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8839 on: November 18, 2008, 05:28:50 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #8840 on: November 18, 2008, 07:28:53 PM »
The CAKE IS A *shot*

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8841 on: November 19, 2008, 05:44:55 PM »

Why... just why?

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8842 on: November 19, 2008, 05:59:22 PM »
Regards, Uncle Dolan

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #8843 on: November 20, 2008, 05:51:55 PM »
Yes, the Blue Screen of AAA... I've had it many times myself.

Three things:

I know Japan is weird, but this is one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

« Reply #8844 on: November 20, 2008, 06:11:03 PM »

Why would anyone do that to a Wii?! You can just download the game..
* Toad passes out from shock.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #8845 on: November 20, 2008, 08:36:34 PM »
Because it's pointless!

ROM hacking with a slice of life.

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8846 on: November 20, 2008, 10:31:41 PM »
If the mod has N64 control ports, then it's totally worth it!
Regards, Uncle Dolan

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #8847 on: November 20, 2008, 11:49:19 PM »
No! I don't want that!

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #8848 on: November 21, 2008, 08:55:52 AM »
I have that game.  It was good for a couple days, but I got bored of it fast.  I kind of want to find AR codes for it, though.
I like Dastardly and Muttley's pose on the box art, though.
Regards, Uncle Dolan

« Reply #8849 on: November 21, 2008, 05:32:27 PM »
Eh, its fine.

Print