Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2498942 times)

« Reply #10215 on: November 07, 2009, 09:04:03 PM »
A bit off-the-wall (though I suppose that's what this topic is for), do any of you find it annoying to play certain games on emulators because of keyboard limitations? 

Personally, I've found that my C, M, T, V, X, Y, Z, and up arrow key can only be held down at the same time as one other key.  This prohibits me from being able to jump while moving forward and left/right in Super Mario 64, and causes a few other minor problems in other games.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10216 on: November 07, 2009, 09:26:34 PM »
The only emulators I use are for PSX (I use a PlayStation controller via an adapter) and arcade games (I never have problems with keyboard on those - usually only a couple of buttons anyway), so no.

« Reply #10217 on: November 07, 2009, 09:35:42 PM »
Jdaster, rest assured that a computer controller is a worthwhile investment. Besides, a top-brand one is only about 15 to 25 dollars.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10218 on: November 07, 2009, 09:45:36 PM »
You're talking about emulators!?

Do you wish to bring the banhammer down on us all?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10219 on: November 07, 2009, 10:00:45 PM »
No. Talking about emulation doesn't break any rules. Linking to ROMs does.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #10220 on: November 08, 2009, 12:43:37 PM »
I sometimes run into a snag when I'm playing a Mario side-scroller and I'm holding the equivalent of B, A, Right, and Down on a NES controller on the keyboard. My computer doesn't like any more than 3 inputs, so I usually have to ditch a button quickly in order for it to work.

LinkToNonExistentROMS.lol

EDIT: Wow, World 6 Retainer is logged in right now! I figured that dude went ahead and exploded long ago.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 12:46:27 PM by Trainman »
Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #10221 on: November 08, 2009, 02:45:47 PM »
I run into the same issue when playing Robotron 64, when trying to run diagonally (two buttons) and shoot diagonally (two more buttons) at the same time. My button limit seems to be 2 or 3, so I can't play the game too well unless I plug in my PS2 controller and SuperJoy adapter thingy (I forget if I got that from Lik-Sang or Amazon. I got a DDR pad from Lik-Sang, but it was bending pretty bad and my cat tore it up, and as we know Lik-Sang is no more). Only problem with the controller? Project64 whines if I try setting a button to an input that already exists. That's a problem because the right stick is always slightly tilted, so Project64 keeps thinking I'm setting a key to that. So not only can I not use the right stick for shooting, but I can't really set to use the other buttons either because it keeps thinking I want to use the right stick.

Considering the PS2 controller has two L buttons and two R buttons, I should just learn to substitute A for R1, B for L1, R for R2, and L for L2. That way the whole face of buttons can substitute for the C buttons and I wouldn't have this problem anymore. Or I could, you know, buy another PS2 controller.

I'd buy a SNES controller and adapter for when I'm more often playing SNES games, but that just looks too expensive.
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #10222 on: November 09, 2009, 06:36:35 PM »

« Reply #10223 on: November 11, 2009, 02:38:47 PM »
I've come up with an idea to end them all;

Laser-tag...

on dodgem cars.
If my son could decimate Lego cities with his genitals, I'd be [darn] proud.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10224 on: November 11, 2009, 03:44:26 PM »
*Epicgasm*

Oh, speaking of which... now, most of you know my predilictions concerning the female form, but even I thought "okay, that's a bit much" when I saw the screenshot here.

...Well, maybe it was more like "holy [dukar]", but still, in context, that's questionable attire.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #10225 on: November 11, 2009, 05:42:26 PM »
*Epicgasm*

Oh, speaking of which... now, most of you know my predilictions concerning the female form, but even I thought "okay, that's a bit much" when I saw the screenshot here.

...Well, maybe it was more like "holy [dukar]", but still, in context, that's questionable attire.
Yowza. Just dying to get itself on TVTropes, except they have several subtropes depending on what direction the cleavage goes.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 05:43:57 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #10226 on: November 11, 2009, 06:16:59 PM »
To quote one GoNintendo commenter,

*sigh* I like how... the artists that draw these things have probably never even seen boobs before.

« Reply #10227 on: November 11, 2009, 09:39:50 PM »
I must say, whenever RMC posts an entry of screencaps for some random DS games and throws one with boobs in plain view, I always click on it because the GoNintendo usuals always make some silly commentary about the boobs in question because they're all depraved horndogs.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10228 on: November 11, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »
...And yet, I still feel like I have nothing in common with most of those people.

But yeah, ditto.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10229 on: November 11, 2009, 10:09:05 PM »
Yes, you click the links to look at the wonderful... comments.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Print