Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2498880 times)

« Reply #10575 on: February 15, 2010, 10:50:55 PM »
My first opinion is that you should have made a thread about the list and not used this gay thread to bring it up like an insecure *****.

My second opinion is that Famitsu readers are apparently ridiculously retarded. FFIII above IX and VI? [wtd]?

My third opinion is that my favorite game had not been released yet in 2006 but my favorite game at the time is not on the list at all either.

My fourth opinion is that #80 isn't the title of an actual game.

My favorite part of the list is that I hadn't even heard of the #5 game.

« Reply #10576 on: February 15, 2010, 11:07:22 PM »
You're welcome to make a thread for the list if you're that adamant about it. Anyway, my greatest concerns are that Super Mario 64 didn't even scratch the bottom, and that the Japanese gaming community seemingly has some kind of vandetta against the first 3D console generation as a whole, with the 1996-2000 era being grossly under-represented.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #10577 on: February 15, 2010, 11:45:12 PM »
Why did you post something you wanted discussion about in here?

« Reply #10578 on: February 16, 2010, 02:20:36 AM »
Final Fantasy X at #1? Major Wootage!
You didn't say wot wot.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10579 on: February 16, 2010, 07:35:52 AM »
My opinion is that while Chrono Trigger is a better game on the whole, I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts more.  How do I know this?  I still haven't managed to finish Chrono Trigger, but have played through KH four times.

Nah, what really irks me is that Crash Bandicoot (and/or its two sequels), Spyro the Dragon (and/or its two sequels), and Sly Cooper (and/or its two sequels) have not made the list at all.  I daresay I would gladly remove a few titles (Kingdom Hearts 2, Sonic the Hedgehog) in favor of the former trilogies.

For the record, I suppose I'll list my top ten favorite games, limiting each franchise to one spot (note that after position 5 or 6, the order in which I like the games gets slightly hazy and unstable, and is largely dependent on my mood).

1. Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back
2. Sly 2: Band of Thieves
3. Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!
4. Uncharted: Drake's Fortune (Undoubtedly, Uncharted 2 would occupy this space if I had played more of it than the demo available on the PSN Store)
5. Jak 2
6. Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando
7. Metroid: Zero Mission (Has the most solid physics, along with Fusion, but allows for sequence-breaking)
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (Is Ocarina of Time that much better?  Anyway, haven't played that one either, at least, not past Dodongo's Cavern)
9. Super Mario World (I'm honestly not sure whether I like SMW, SMG, or SM64 better, so I'm letting the nostalgia factor tip the scales; SMW is the only one of these I played before the age of ten)
10. Kingdom Hearts: Re: Chain of Memories (Had the best mix of strategy and real-time battle; 358/2 Days deserves honorable mention as far as the KH series goes)

Also, you may notice a trend as to which games in their respective series made the list...
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #10580 on: February 16, 2010, 11:45:35 AM »
My top five:

1. BLT with pepperjack and ranch dressing
2. Ribeye with steak sauce
3. Panera Bread's Mediterranean veggie
4. Roast beef with pepperjack and mustard
5. Olive loaf with mustard

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10581 on: February 16, 2010, 07:27:43 PM »
ShadowBrain's Intermittent Stuff Roundup: "It's Not Much, But the Current Topic Needs to Go" Edition

"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #10582 on: February 16, 2010, 09:11:30 PM »
I like the SPARTA Samus that got in third. I think Scott's should have gotten in first though. I'm disturbed by the lack of Ridley fanart in that pic. Needs more Ridley.

Also, I had forgotten, but I kind of like Kraid's art look from the first game, looks more cuddly and likeable.

Kind of wish there was a concept that was more like this, though. Just try for a bit of humor, you know.

Uh, pointless thing, pointless thing... Ridley-Mobile.
You didn't say wot wot.

Rao

• Arr! Ay! Oh!
« Reply #10583 on: February 16, 2010, 10:32:13 PM »
What's your problem, Cambodian?

« Reply #10584 on: February 16, 2010, 11:01:57 PM »
My critique of the Metroid Artist Contest Winners:

FIRST: Samus is good, but wat's that porcine Kraid impostor doing behind her?

SECOND: I'm diggin those Zero Mission colours. Thunder thighs FTW.

THIRD: [darn] YOU, INTERNET... I CAN NO LONGER ENVISION SAMUS AS BEING SEXY

FOURTH (TOP): "After a wild night of partying, an inebriated Samus Aran sauntered out of the club and into a lane of oncoming traffic. After narrowly evading several vehicles, she collapsed on the sidewalk, vomiting profusely and bellowing, "I'M TRIPPING BALLS MAN".

FOURTH (BOTTOM): I appreciate her efforts in trying to eliminate that hideous third-place entry.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #10585 on: February 17, 2010, 08:30:27 AM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #10586 on: February 17, 2010, 01:05:37 PM »
I lost. That is an amazing piece of fanart.

I wonder how a game like that would turn out..?
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #10587 on: February 17, 2010, 01:25:08 PM »
I lost...

If this were YFO,YL.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #10588 on: February 17, 2010, 01:54:04 PM »
That is pretty impressive.

Get it, because there's no point in going on?

The page I got it from is here. For the Silver Surfer game, the only challenge they have (which is Expert, appropriately enough) is "Complete any Stage". Ain't that the truth.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:00:00 PM by penguinwizard »
You didn't say wot wot.

« Reply #10589 on: February 18, 2010, 09:04:48 AM »
I lost...

If this were YFO,YL.
Pretty much.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Print