Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2498576 times)

« Reply #11085 on: September 25, 2010, 03:13:58 PM »

"Boo!"
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11086 on: September 26, 2010, 12:58:00 PM »
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11087 on: September 27, 2010, 10:34:31 AM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11088 on: September 27, 2010, 02:38:43 PM »

« Reply #11089 on: September 27, 2010, 04:18:08 PM »
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11090 on: September 28, 2010, 05:36:35 PM »

« Reply #11091 on: September 28, 2010, 06:21:00 PM »
Why does that "party" involve no alcohol?
Why does the ******bag boyfriend resemble Freddie Jones from Scooby Doo?
Why wasn't the Wii room trashed and/or looted at any point during the party?
Why must the girl representing Nintendo be dressed like a god[darn]ed Final Fantasy character?
Why do the players bother with those exagerrated motions? It's almost as pointless as actually "swinging" with the bat in Wii Sports baseball rather than just flicking your wrist for equal effect.

« Reply #11092 on: September 28, 2010, 07:07:17 PM »
Why do the players bother with those exagerrated motions? It's almost as pointless as actually "swinging" with the bat in Wii Sports baseball rather than just flicking your wrist for equal effect.
I don't think you get Wii. If you're not swinging the remote, why are you even playing Wii Sports Baseball instead of MLB 2K11 on 360/PS3.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11093 on: September 28, 2010, 07:16:40 PM »
Because the former is bundled with a system that costs much less.

I don't think you get video games.  Why are you even playing sports on a console instead of playing them in real life?

« Reply #11094 on: September 28, 2010, 07:36:07 PM »
Look, it's the standard Turtlekid1 post where he changes around the words in my post's sentence structures seemingly as argument against my post but if you actually think about his version it's flailing nonsense.

I said 360/PS3 because their baseball games don't involve swinging your controller. (Well, before 2010 they didn't LOL!)

WeeGee just doesn't get it. Flicking your wrist to bat in Wii Sports is like ordering a cheeseburger at a Mexican restaurant. Why did you even go to that restaurant.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11095 on: September 28, 2010, 07:43:39 PM »
It makes perfect sense - I'm taking your argument a step further; if you're going to bother with sports, you might as well get the exercise and actually play sports.

And I don't like Mexican food.  When I have to eat at a Mexican restaurant, I generally order a Gringo Burger.

« Reply #11096 on: September 28, 2010, 07:52:16 PM »
I don't make realistic actions when bowling in Wii Sports for the same reason I don't drape a green blanket over my couch to pretend I'm riding Yoshi while playing Super Mario World. Likewise, I'm not going to physically jump whenever I press the A button, and "acting out" a game with motion controls isn't all that different.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 07:56:17 PM by Weegee »

« Reply #11097 on: September 28, 2010, 07:57:40 PM »
It's doesn't make any sense because I'M NOT TALKING ABOUT SPORTS. I'M TALKING ABOUT GAME DESIGN. The ENTIRE POINT of Wii Sports baseball is TO SWING THE REMOTE LIKE A BAT. There are many Wii games where you can subvert the true gameplay by sitting there flicking your wrist. WeeGee asked why the people in the ad were making motions instead of flicking their wrists. Well, it's because they're ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME. I shudder to think what WeeGee makes of brilliant experiences like WarioWare: Smooth Moves and Just Dance. Actually I probably already know what he thinks. Two things: "this game sucks" and "man my wrist is tired".

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11098 on: September 28, 2010, 08:00:19 PM »
Well then, I guess I was making a different point entirely.  Either way, I'm not sure what the big deal is.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11099 on: September 28, 2010, 08:07:19 PM »
I had a feeling that should've just been posted as a thread.

Really, my only problem with that ad is the same problem I have with all Nintendo ads for about the past four years: They actually manage to make videogames look more dorky.

Print