Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2498828 times)

« Reply #11100 on: September 28, 2010, 08:22:15 PM »
Or, at least, their commercials take place in a magical fantasy world where cool teenagers play video games... games made by Nintendo, nonetheless!

On a related note, a girl complimented my Mario shirt last week. But then she went on to say that Mario is her favourite game ever, which made we want to slap her for referring to "Mario" as a single video game.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11101 on: September 28, 2010, 08:28:12 PM »
MARIO SLAPS PEACH FOREVER
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11102 on: September 28, 2010, 08:47:57 PM »
On a related note, a girl complimented my Mario shirt last week. But then she went on to say that Mario is her favourite game ever, which made we want to slap her for referring to "Mario" as a single video game.

There is something wrong here. You should probably sit down for a bit and think about this. Think deeply. Think hard.

« Reply #11103 on: September 28, 2010, 08:51:16 PM »
My shirt didn't refer to any particular game, if that's what you're getting at. It was just a picture of the character.

Mario Bros. before hoes, yo.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11104 on: September 28, 2010, 08:55:02 PM »
What? No.

There's no u in favorite.

« Reply #11105 on: September 28, 2010, 09:04:20 PM »
Or, at least, their commercials take place in a magical fantasy world where cool teenagers play video games... games made by Nintendo, nonetheless!
Cool teenagers do play videogames. Made by Nintendo, and everyone else. I suspect you're basing your judgement on outdated gaming stereotypes and not actual current-day knowledge of cool teenagers. In fact, some Nintendo-playing cool teenagers post on this very forum.

The "big deal" about WeeGee not understanding the Wii is that he's comparing swinging your arm to play Wii Sports bowling with putting a green blanket over your chair when you ride a Yoshi or jumping when you press A to jump. Don't you see what's wrong with that? Swinging your arm is the ENTIRE PONIT of Wii Sports. Swinging your arm is the only reason Wii Sports even exists. WeeGee is saying the commercial is dumb because the people are swinging their arms when in fact it is WeeGee himself who is the dumb one. I'm defending the ad from WeeGee's baseless attacks.

P.S. Wii Party looks great.

« Reply #11106 on: September 28, 2010, 09:22:43 PM »
Cool teenagers do play videogames. Made by Nintendo, and everyone else. I suspect you're basing your judgement on outdated gaming stereotypes and not actual current-day knowledge of cool teenagers.

In that case, the ones I know must be pretty dorky. During my thirteen years of primary and secondary education, the only person who I could equally discuss video games with was my best friend. Aside from myself, about four people in my grade 12 class of fortysomething owned a Wii, and my best friend and I were the only ones who didn't mispronounce Mario as "Mayrio". Those who owned other systems only touched them for a few hours a week, and played nothing but FPSs.

The situation in my college class is no better. Speaking of "the situation", most of them spend all their free time watching Jersey Shore, or browsing Facebook.

ENTIRE PONIT

There's no u in favorite.

Although I'm probably being trolled right now,...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Favourite
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/favourite
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=favourite
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/favourite

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11107 on: September 28, 2010, 09:32:24 PM »
I think what was actually wrong with your anecdote was that you appear to esteem Mario higher than cute girls who compliment you.

(I, fortunately, do not have to choose between the two.)
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11108 on: September 28, 2010, 09:48:04 PM »
I can't keep this up, so it's getting dumped here:

1) Lizard Dude is right - On all counts here. Wii Party looks great. You can play the Wii however you want, but Wii Sports/Play/Resort/Party/Warioware are intended for exaggerated movements. Weegee's analogy was poor. He also apparently knows what all of his classmates do in their free time and has a MTV definition of "cool." Video Games are in these days. Even your classic bros are playing Madden.
2) Favourite- Is British English. Everybody knows that. Do you live in Britain? No, okay. That was a joke post anyway. You should probably not want to hit girls who are willing to talk to you.
3) Speaking of girls...- I'm not sure if it's intentional or not, but I find it absolutely hilarious that CrossEyed mentions the fact that he has a girlfriend anytime the topic of girls (Romantically or otherwise) comes up.

Jman

• Score
« Reply #11109 on: September 28, 2010, 10:05:13 PM »
Am I a complete moron for not knowing what a black mage was until I finally played Final Fantasy 3 on DS?
I always figured "Time to tip the scales" was Wario's everyday motto.

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11110 on: September 28, 2010, 10:13:35 PM »
The answer to that is divulged in Final Fantasy 4 on DS.

« Reply #11111 on: September 28, 2010, 11:21:25 PM »
You should probably not want to hit girls who are willing to talk to you.

Probably? Anyway, I wasn't serious about that.

Back to motion control, I would appreciate the Wii's "realism" if it were more... realistic. In Wii Sports, Winding up quickly for a good hit with your bat/club/racket often registers as a swing, meaning that you must draw back too slowly. Twilight Princess can't even tell the difference between a vertical and horizontal slice, so all your pretend sophisticated swordplay amounts to nothing but a tired arm. If the "proper" experience is faulty, what's the point?

Imagine Peach saying the following at the end of Super Mario Bros.:

THANK YOU MARIO!

YOUR QUEST IS OVER.
WE PRESENT YOU WITH A NEW QUEST.

NOW PLAY THROUGH THE ENTIRE GAME AGAIN
WITH YOUR CONTROLLER TURNED UPSIDE-DOWN.

PUSH B BUTTON
TO SELECT A WORLD

Thankfully, players were rewarded with an actual challenge, and the controller never became an overpriced Bop It. 25 years later, though...

NOW GO PLAY HIDE-AND-SEEK WITH YOUR WIIMOTE

BE THE FIRST PERSON TO GRAB THE WIIMOTE MAKING THE CORRECT ANIMAL SOUND

BALANCE THE WIIMOTE AS CAREFULLY AS POSSIBLE

Just sayin'.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11112 on: September 29, 2010, 07:27:41 AM »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant