Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2499057 times)

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11295 on: December 05, 2010, 05:09:16 PM »
Mr. Wiggles has a lot of somewhat-obscure-but-definitely-appreciable choices in his vidya harem. It actually seems like Square Enix is trying to make Aya Brea fit into these charts with the stuff they're putting in The 3rd Birthday, and while Chie is cooler, Rise is still good.

(And good call on Q-Bee. I was surprised ShadowBrian didn't have her in his chart.)

« Reply #11296 on: December 05, 2010, 05:15:24 PM »
Square is dumb. Aya was already perfect in the first 2 Parasite Eves, and all these bonus costumes they're throwing in are just clearly otaku-pandering measures.

and I'll probably still pick it up.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11297 on: December 05, 2010, 05:27:11 PM »
I'm hoping they bring the PSX games to the American PSN (they hit Japan's service last month), because I'll definitely buy them on there even though I already own the first one.

And yeah, I'm buying the PSP game as well. One of several games for the system I plan on buying in the coming year.

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11298 on: December 05, 2010, 05:57:23 PM »

In no particular order, and with varying ratios of physical/personality attractiveness.

Why yes, I do have a thing for blondes.  How did you know?

EDIT: Sorry, Claire.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 07:59:36 AM by Turtlekid1 »
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #11299 on: December 06, 2010, 01:30:45 AM »
In no particular order, and with varying ratios of physical/personality attractiveness.

What's this "personality" you speak of?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11300 on: December 06, 2010, 08:01:13 AM »
Even ShadowBrain would probably like Aqua.  She's got actual curves - a rarity in Kingdom Hearts women, I assure you.  One of the guys has a pretty distinct hourglass figure, though...

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11301 on: December 06, 2010, 08:15:02 AM »
She's also actually a relatively interesting character, another rarity in Kingdom Hearts.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11302 on: December 06, 2010, 11:55:50 AM »
Lilith? I didn't know you were into lolis, ShadowBrian.
My tastes vary on a loli by loli basis (though, to be honest, I was counting her being Older Than She Looks)

And what, you say my choices were a bit shallow? Well, I suppose so, but Turtlekid has a point--the word "Harem" seemed more reserved for a bunch of girls I'd want to bang rather than do dinner and a movie with. But you know what? I can be Mr. Sensitive, too. Taking a cue Tk, I give you...

Ivy is still there because she's Ivy.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11303 on: December 06, 2010, 12:15:47 PM »
Sorry, but Lilith, like Dizzy from Guilty Gear, is far younger than she looks, at least in terms of existence.

« Reply #11304 on: December 06, 2010, 01:09:08 PM »
the word "Harem" seemed more reserved for a bunch of girls I'd want to bang rather than do dinner and a movie with.

More like girls that latch onto a relatively uninteresting guy and make his life a living hell while he acts like an idiot and completely ignores them while stumbling through his every day life.

Geez, when did harem anime stop being good?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11305 on: December 06, 2010, 01:21:11 PM »
Harem anime was good?

« Reply #11306 on: December 06, 2010, 02:45:35 PM »
Does Ranma 1/2 and Tenchi Universe count as harem anime? They were my gateway series and so far have been some of the few series to remain good.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #11307 on: December 06, 2010, 03:18:21 PM »
Tenchi, yeah, probably. Ranma ½, sort of, but no, not really.

(Fun fact: Ranma ½ was my first anime. I always feel old when "your first anime" discussions come up and people talk about Pokémon and Digimon.)

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11308 on: December 06, 2010, 03:38:01 PM »
I'm not sure whether I saw Dragon Ball Z or Sailor Moon first.  But I'm gonna say that the former was my first anime since that's the one I actually picked up and still like today (although I don't care for the anime so much as the manga).

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #11309 on: December 06, 2010, 05:44:10 PM »
I have never thought this thread was more aptly named.

I also considered: This thread should be renamed to "The Point: Less Topic!"

Print