Print

Author Topic: The Pointless Topic!  (Read 2498750 times)

« Reply #11490 on: March 09, 2011, 09:15:58 PM »
Is it the fact that he has 11,111 posts?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #11491 on: March 09, 2011, 09:24:30 PM »
Yep!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11492 on: March 10, 2011, 11:12:20 AM »
My dad was looking for a pair of socks in my dresser, opened the wrong drawer, and found that letter from Jadusable/BEN I was talking about. So he got kind of freaked out and called me, so I tried to explain it as best I could. Anybody know a really succinct way to explain the whole Majora's Mask creepypasta thing to one of your parents?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11493 on: March 10, 2011, 11:15:32 AM »
That one pseudo-Hylian-mythology thing?  Just tell him it's from a video game...?
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

« Reply #11494 on: March 10, 2011, 06:30:45 PM »
Yep!

I wouldn't want to ruin that for a while either.

coolkid

• Totally Not Banned
« Reply #11495 on: March 11, 2011, 03:59:44 PM »
Before, this linked to something saying that Shigsy might be dead, but it's apparently spam judging by a message next to it.

I sure was freaked out, though.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2011, 04:12:28 PM by coolkid »
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind!

« Reply #11496 on: March 13, 2011, 12:31:28 AM »
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #11497 on: March 13, 2011, 03:52:17 AM »
I agree.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11498 on: March 13, 2011, 08:10:30 AM »
I lost to nearly every category on this forum at one point or another.

« Reply #11499 on: March 17, 2011, 08:54:15 PM »
Feel good moment of the week. Browsing for some Precure pictures, and ended up on this one while this song started playing on my youtube playlist.

It was a sudden fusion of too cool for school.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11501 on: March 25, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #11502 on: March 25, 2011, 09:45:02 AM »
DO A BARREL AN EYE ROLL
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #11503 on: March 25, 2011, 10:21:17 AM »
- "The Nintendo 3DS is a Game Boy-like device..."
If you need to make comparisons like that, you have no business doing technology reviews.

- "The actual graphics are pretty good. A lot better than the pokey-dated (?) stuff you saw on previous Nintendo game devices. Definitely not PlayStation 3 quality, for instance, but they've definitely reached a point where hardcore gamers like me, for instance, who grew up on Halo, won't mind playin' around with this thing."
For the most part, this one speaks for itself, but I just wanna point out one thing -- the reason previous Nintendo game devices look so "pokey-dated" to you is because the last one you were aware of was the Game Boy (which is odd, considering you wouldn't have been born yet in 1989 if you "grew up on Halo.")

- "It's an AR game, and what's cool about it is, the camera focuses on your real-world surroundings and then overlays stuff on top of it."
"It's a racing game, and what's cool about it is, you're driving in a car and competing with other cars in a competition of speed."
"It's a book, and what's cool about it is, it has a series of symbols arranged to form words and convey meaning."
"It's a shooting game, and what's cool about it is, you shoot [dukar] and it's a game."

- "In the AR games, you have basically a shooting game that's part real world, part make believe, I guess."
You guess?

- "Works pretty well as long as you don't jump around."
As opposed to the iPhone, which is designed to be used on a pogo stick.

- It's $250, which makes it worse than the iPhone, which is "technically cheaper."
iPhone 4 16GB, when bought with a 2-year plan: $199 ($599 without a plan)
Cheapest voice plan: $39.99 a month
Cheapest data plan: $29.99 a month
Messaging: Either 20 cents per text and 30 cents per picture/video message, or $5 a month for cheapest plan (1000 messages a month)
Price of iPhone for one month (before tax): $273.98
$74.98 a month x required 24 months = $1,799.52
Total cost of iPhone: $1,998.52
But it's $50 cheaper when you first buy it (as long as you exclude the rest of that month), so that makes it cheaper. THIS IS WHY WE ARE IN A RECESSION.
(Incidentally, for that price (which include no non-free games), you could buy a 3DS and 43 full-price retail games.)
(Also, if you want to charge your iPhone in a wall outlet, that's another $30.)

- "The 3D is great when it works, but when I cranked it up all the way and played for 20 minutes, it gave me a headache."
RTFM. Adjust it to where it's comfortable.

- "In a world where... uh... Apple dominates the tec-- consumer tech world with the iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, it's weird to come across the 3DS"
Yeah, it would be weird to come across the 3DS in that world, because that's not the world the 3DS lives in. It would be equally weird to come across a Kenmore refrigerator in a world where DeBeers dominates the diamond industry.

- "The 3DS features a very kinda retro design that wouldn't be out of place in the 1990s."

- "It relies exclusively on cartridges, something we haven't seen since the last Game Boy pretty much."

How the hell do these people get paid more to write about video games than I do?

The best part is that after watching that whole video, I'm still not sure whether or not he's aware of the existence of the DS.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 10:31:05 AM by CrossEyed7 »
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #11504 on: March 25, 2011, 12:17:50 PM »
The stylus comment pretty much confirms that he isn't.

Print