Print

Author Topic: A friend I once had.....  (Read 5431 times)

« on: August 26, 2005, 04:19:10 PM »
Has this ever happened to you? Okay, my Freshman year, I had a real good friend. He was funny, and always had a little bit of wit to him when he was tellin' a joke. Well, now he and I are Sophomores, and he has become a huge jerkface. I ask him a question, and the guy tells me to shut up. I dunno what happened to him over the summer, but I think it could be his ego. I'm not going to go into huge depth, but I really wish this had not happened. But the question is: has it happened to you? Ever had a real good friend who hates yer darn guts nowadays?

I have the body of a God! Unfortunately, it''s Buddah.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 04:54:21 PM »
Not permanently.

Buddah's not a god.

"Soon this land will be as devoid of beauty as your face." ~Koal, Advance Wars Dual Strike

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 04:59:41 PM »
Meh......I know he's not a God, I just saw it on a T-Shirt, and thought it was funny. I can change my sig if you want me to.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 07:06:24 PM »
Try out for a sport you're good at playing.  That usually makes you look cooler, and therefore worthy of being befriendable.  Yeah, just joking.

Um... I haven't seen my friends much from my old school that came to my high school, but I have other friends.  Yes, believe it or not, I am actually a friend to other people.  I think it might have been like, "Let's stay together because we know each other.  Oh look at that, I got into a new group so I don't need to stick with you anymore.  Hope you and your new friends have fun too.  Bye."  Er, what I'm trying to say is that I stayed with my old friends until I made new ones and we grew apart a little.  Plus I felt like they didn't really want/need me around, so I could be with other people without feeling guilty.  They might still say "hi" or nod or make eye contact, but they don't say "shut up".  I mean, we didn't have any classes together anyway, but we still communicate in the classes we do have together.  And not negative communication.

What advice do I have as far as action goes... don't throw a rock at him or dump water on him.  That will make him mad, and while you shouldn't fear a person or feel inferior, you probably will have less chance to be friends with someone who you just dumped water on. (Author's note: I find "jocks" that dump Gatorade on each other to be just as weird as "Drama kids" that do drama stuff.  Either everyone's equally weird, or I'm the only one who's weird.)  You could also do something publicly awesome.  Even if he doesn't like you, you still did something publicly awesome, which is awesome... unless you did something based on peer pressure... unless they were pressuring you to not do drugs or something...

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Jin

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2005, 07:13:34 PM »
I had a few friends that did the same thing. But if i were you I punch him if he tells you to shut up for no reason.'Cause thats just rude.
Andy

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2005, 07:17:06 PM »
Well, if I punch him, the school will most likely send me to some Juvy Camp. I don't think I wanna do that. It's a shame though, cause we were in the same classes and everything. It's his ego, ya know what I mean?

Edited by - PaperLuigi on 8/26/2005 6:22:53 PM

Jin

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2005, 07:21:05 PM »
Oh, then just talk to him and see whats been going on lately with him.
Andy

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2005, 08:12:30 PM »
Or tell someone to indirectly tell him that your parents died and he'll forget about ego and comfort you.

"Of all the people I know-controversal, yes-that Watoad say cheese first."

Edited by - Markio on 8/26/2005 7:13:14 PM

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2005, 09:28:42 PM »
Once, back when I was in 4th grade. He turned into a jerk after 6th grade, though.

I haven't seen him at all in the past few years.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2005, 11:27:07 PM »
I was friends with one guy in the third grade up until the sixth grade, whereas he starting being a complete jerk with warning.

"My spirit burns like the sun and I shall dry you like a prune."

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2005, 11:31:43 PM »
Everyone is weird in their own special ways.  Even though I dislike it, there are social groups in school.  There's the jocks, the preps, the goths, the band geeks (me!), ghosts, and stuff like that.  I'm very quiet in school, so I don't really have anyone hate me.  Although, I have seriously broken apart with some friends (even my best friend from elementaary school).

But, yeah.  People change.  From how I see it, everyone is so friendly and nice to each other in Elementary School.  Why?  Because we're young and too dumb to hold grudges.  So all the friendly little elementary schoolers move on into middle school.  Yes, middle school.  Picture five young elementary school kids, holding hands, wondering onto a busy street, or a highway.  CArs are zooming past them, they grow confused.  Suddenly, before you know it, Samantha had jumped onto a car!!!  What does it say on the side of the car?  "Prep"  Then Brad jumps onto a car.  "Jock"  Jen jumps onto "Goth" and Billy jumps onto "Nerd".  You just drive with your own cars.

Unfortunately, I don't really think we can even tell what car we've jumped on.  We just leapt, and landed.  Only the others around you know what happened to you.  Because inside, maybe you are the same elementary schooler.

So, basically PaperLuigi, these things happen.  Forget about the poor soul who turned to a jerk.  It happens.  My sister's best friend is now a *clears throat* cheerleader.  So, yeah.

It is better to be sworn to an honest fool than to a lying scholar.  ~  Eragon from the book Eldest by Christopher Paolini.  
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2005, 01:15:23 AM »
Are you kidding me? Elementary school was the "evil battlefield" era for me. There were tons of cliques and people holding grudges, etc., and I always felt like I wasn't all that liked. Kids were mean and cruel then, though rarely to me directly (I overheard kids all the time gossiping about me, ugh--at least it seemed like all the time).

I tended to befriend the "misfits"--those who didn't really fit into any "clique" group and seemed nice and like they needed a friend. I sensed a disliking from the "cliques" because of this. Then again, I suppose I fit into that same "misfit" category.

So, throughout elementary school, I had many friends "betray" me; they would suddenly, out of nowhere, become incredibly mean to me, or just no longer hang out with me; they had found "better" people to hang with--the "clique" girls.

What's weird is that it never felt like all this in middle or high school, I guess 'cuz you weren't stuck with the same kids long enough for it to develop, or people were just "whatever" about everything.

Anyway, it's sad that what seemed like a great friendship turned into something sour. People change, and there's nothing you can do to...change them back. They have to change on their own, and hopefully they'll realize their mistakes.
If you've done everything you can to see if things can be made right, I guess all that's left that you can do for now, since things aren't getting any better, is just try to avoid him as much as you can and hope he changes. Don't be mean or anything, though, when you can't avoid him.

I hate losing friends. It's probably one of the worst feelings in the world, especially when you're very close with them. :(

--------------------
Wise men talk because they have something to say;
fools, because they have to say something.

Edited by - Sapphira on 8/27/2005 12:19:38 AM
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2005, 02:20:59 AM »
Back at the first Elementary school I went to, I had a few friends, they enjoyed Nintendo and TV shows I liked, such as the Simpsons and other shows. From Kindergarten to the 3rd grade, I actually enjoyed being with my friends at school.

(Yeah, I know, it's hard to believe, I actually did have friends.)

At the beginning of 4th grade, things started going downhill for me pretty quickly. When my friends heard that I was moving, they thought I was too good for them, so they pretty much did nothing with me the one week I was in 4th grade at that school. When I moved, I hoped that I could make many new friends at the new school I was going to. Boy, was I wrong.

The children in the class I was in were very rude, and insulted me pretty much all day. A group of girls always told on me whenever I did something suspicious, and the teacher was just plain mean. The guy I mentioned in my first post was my only good friend (though a couple of other people did warm up to me after a month or so).

5th grade was a bit better, as I made a few more friends, though it was a bit harder to, as I had gained weight because I ate more to forget about the mean students in the 4th grade.

Then, it was on to Middle School, the place where children are in between learning simple Math and English, and learning about Physics, Geometry and Calculus.

6th grade, I still didn't have many friends (Some had gone on to the other Middle School in the district), and there were just plain mean students who didn't deserve to be called human. I had also lost the only true friend I made in 4th grade, he had turned into a jerk.

I had a feeling that 7th grade was better, as usually, the odd grades I was in (1st, 3rd, 5th) were a bit better than the even ones. Once again, I was terribly wrong. The children in this grade were worse than the children in my 4th and 6th grade classes combined. The majority of them were people who listened to Rap and R&B, and were brainwashed by the media thinking that you MUST be thin to go on in life. So, I was pretty much the biggest target for fat jokes in that class (I was the only target, actually).

Sapphira is correct, you can't change people. They must change themselves. I'll stop getting into details about how children are mean and nasty in earlier years, because after I changed my classes in the 7th grade, things started to look up. I finally found a group of friends in 8th grade, and I went on to High School, and people are nicer now, my 9th and 10th grade years went quite well, with some exceptions of a few idiots I am usually able to shrug off.

And what happened to those jerks in 4th, 6th and 7th grade? They usually cut class, and do drugs, and some were probably held back.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2005, 08:44:03 AM »
Am I the only one that doesn't have all these zany problems at school?

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2005, 11:12:22 AM »
Yes, TEM.

Actually, I consider myself lucky.  I went to the same elementary school since I was four until eighth grade, so most of us knew each other(only one class per grade).  Once I got to high school, I was one of the very rare who doesn't fit into any group.  I suppose you could call me a drama kid, because I took drama and was in the Spring Musical, but even there I wasn't as "drama"-ish as the others.    I really just made friends with whoever from wherever.  If I didn't get braces(which acted like a metal overdose; I'm kind of sensitive to metal) which helped put me on medication, I would've had a more happy freshman year.  Now I'm a sophomore, I got my braces off, I'm almost done with my medication, and things are still fine.  So I guess I'm lucky.

“Of all the people I know, it is expected that Watoad will say ‘cheese’ first.”

Print