Print

Author Topic: <X3 Valentine's Day Thread <X3  (Read 31558 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2007, 05:48:04 PM »
Well, yeah, it's a big stupid issue in my opinion. I think the reason that the N word is bad (which is why we have to call it the N word, instead of its actual name) is because it has a grisly history to it involving slavery, lynchings and all kinds of horrible stuff. On the other hand, being called "cracker" is hardly offensive because white people were never persecuted in the way African-Americans were. That said, both are racial slurs and thus inherently offensive because the point is to insult or demean someone because of the color of their skin.
every

« Reply #91 on: February 16, 2007, 06:01:13 PM »
It is still said in the same rancor as the N word though.
I only watch [adult swim]

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #92 on: February 16, 2007, 06:33:25 PM »
(which is why we have to call it the N word, instead of its actual name)
We don't have to call it that. "******" (or any other word, for that matter) is not bad unless it is being used as a racial slur or in an otherwise offensive manner.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #93 on: February 16, 2007, 06:51:52 PM »
It's about who is saying what to who.  A guy could say N_____ to someone he knows as a term of connection, as a friend, and the other person wouldn't think anything of it.  It would just be another way of greeting or general speech.  That can go with any word or term that is found offensive.  But if the same person walked up to a stranger and called them something, even if it wasn't meant as a slur or insult, would likely be taken as such.  It really depends on who you speak to.

Also, I agree that having a month dedicated to "Black History" is racist.  I remember last year some celebrity, I think Samuel Jackson, had a fit because everyone should remember their history all the time.  I had more to say, but the prospect of food has thrown my train of thought off.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #94 on: February 16, 2007, 07:05:33 PM »
Yeah, why can't there be a "White History" month?  Because everyone else would think its racist.  See white people can't celebrate being white and catch a break for once without being racist, its always racist racist racist.  Only the white man can be a racist, atleast thats what the media tells me.

« Reply #95 on: February 16, 2007, 07:12:40 PM »
Not quite what I was trying to say, but, alright.  I meant that there shouldn't be any month to celebrate one particular group.  It should be something we all think about, not just 30 or 31(or 28, in this case) days, but rather it should be something we find important enough to remember every day.
"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." Stephen Hawking

« Reply #96 on: February 16, 2007, 08:32:16 PM »
I don't think there should a certain month to celebrate a certain heritage. People should celebrate their heritage all of the time and not just in a specific month.

I find it amusing how this thread switched from Valentines Day angst to a discussion about February's Black History month and racism.
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #97 on: February 16, 2007, 09:01:33 PM »
Aren't we all people? Why can't we all just get along?

Slavery in my opinion is a sign of extreme stupidity. Any guy who can't do his own work and must punish another to do it for him is a loser.

I don't think God put us here to hate each other based on our looks. I bet if a far off visitor from space came down here and saw the way we treated each other, he'd get the urge to blow us up.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #98 on: February 16, 2007, 09:14:08 PM »
Yeah well one things for sure that I'm gonna be out on the St. Patty's day parade.  And its gonna be fun.

« Reply #99 on: February 16, 2007, 09:33:04 PM »

I also hate V-day, mostly because we have these suckers we give to the person we love in school, but their 1$!!! They should be free Dx What if someone is like "O KTHX NOW LEEVE >:D" they also put ads up over in school, which are crudely done. People who don't get suckers usually have to try to contain their depression until passing period when they are all like "WAAAAH, I WANT SUCKA, NO ONE LOVZ ME T-T". I didn't get any but I was thankful not to get some from a retarded girl xD. Everyone gave  this one girl named katie one because she's a who-... Um... never mind... This is a kids site o-0. Well anyway, HAPPY V-DAY TMK Staff and members ^^

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #100 on: February 17, 2007, 09:29:26 AM »
Is that Kirby? If so, that picture is infinitely more funny.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #101 on: February 17, 2007, 11:52:39 AM »
I don't see what it could be besides Kirby. But the name of the image is no help...
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #102 on: February 19, 2007, 11:42:07 PM »
Bwahaha, I couldn't view it here because of the censors.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #103 on: February 20, 2007, 06:02:53 PM »
That thing is too funny to censor. A lot of things are like that.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #104 on: February 23, 2007, 12:52:13 AM »
I'm surprised no one went off after reading about how Adicus didn't want a Valentine from "a retarded girl" or anything. I'd talk about racism, slavery, and what I can contribute to history as a black teen, but I feel I've arrived at this thread too late and I'm tired.

Print