Print

Author Topic: Whatever Happened to Wario's Castle? And other retcons!  (Read 12074 times)

« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2007, 07:30:53 PM »
Perhaps it goes like this...

Mario Prime - Contains the Mario series, Donkey Kong Country* series, and Wario platformer series.

*Yes, DKC, because Kremlings have appeared in Mario games, as have Diddy and others.

Dr. Mario - Definete alternate timeline in which Mario's a doctor and Peach is a nurse.

WarioWare? - Maaaaybe a different continuity. No mention of Wario's past games, a new house in a city, and there's a map of Earth that indicates it may not take place in the Mushroom world at all.

SSB - No continuity at all. It seems implied that the characters are actually toys/trophies/whatever.
I'll think of a better signature later!

« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2007, 02:49:10 AM »
I think a better question is; whatever happened to Wario's Moon? The genie from WL2 gives him a perfectly good Moon with his ugly face on it and Wario never even uses it.
"Remember, rules are meant to be broken; like rules." - Kameoko Ninji

Kojinka

• Bruised
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2007, 10:12:31 AM »
How would he use that moon without pulling a Majora's Mask?
Regards, Uncle Dolan

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2007, 01:05:29 PM »
My multiverse:

Universe A:
Mario and Luigi were transported to the Mushroom World from Brooklyn, Bowser has seven kids, Yoshi's live in Dinosaur Land and act like ordinary animals, Wario is some evil villain who wants Mario's new castle, Wart is king of Sub-con, Tatanga invades Sara Sara Land for Daisy's affections, and Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Jr. are old enemies of Mario's.

Universe B:
Mario and Luigi were born in the Mushroom Kingdom, Bowser has Bowser Jr., Yoshi's act a lot more like humans and live on one Yoshi's Island, Wario is a greedy weirdo who opened his own video game company, there is no Wart or Tatanga.

Universe C:
Dr. Mario busts viruses with the help of Nurse Toadstool.

Universe D:
Donkey Kong is the guardian of DK Isles, the son of Cranky Kong, pals around with Diddy and Dixie, and occasionally visits Banjo, Conker, and even the Mario of Universe B.

Other assorted universes:
There might be other universes where Mario is a chef, a demolition worker, a referee, and a archaeologist, as in the cases of Yoshi's Cookie, Wrecking Crew, Punch-Out and Picross.

I'm also trying to figure out what the deal is with Mario vs. Donkey Kong...

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2007, 01:08:55 PM »
Mario was also a referee in Tennis.

What did happen to that moon of Wario's? Maybe it's just always turned away from us in games with nighttime/space stuff, so we never see the face?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2007, 10:46:29 AM »
THERE IS NO CONTINUITY.
So give up already.
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2007, 11:02:32 AM »
Amen. They're just games.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2007, 12:42:33 PM »
THERE IS NO CONTINUITY.
So give up already.

Do you not have any imagination or what? If people want to make a continuity to one of their favorite series, what's the harm in that?

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2007, 05:32:42 PM »
Chupperson has plenty of imagination, he's just speaking the truth. There's no continuity, and that's that.

I mean, there's no harm in it, I suppose, but he's just explaining that there's no point in trying to bust a gut over trying to figure it all out.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2007, 10:08:19 PM »
"Make a continuity" is the whole problem right there. There isn't one. There is no possible way one would work.
That was a joke.

« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 06:38:52 PM »
well i think the only good warioware game was the one on the wii, but on the wii they should make anouther wario game, make it kinda the same, new moves and much LONGER!!!!
Got Mario?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2007, 07:49:54 PM »
...and what does that have to with Mario continuity?

Sqrt2

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 03:15:02 AM »
As to what happened to Wario's castle, perhaps the local council came round and, after a quick look round, declared that the castle was "not fit for habitation" (human or otherwise) and served Wario with a compulsory eviction order. After which, it was presumably given a good going over with a wrecking ball. :)
AA fanboy and proud!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #28 on: April 27, 2007, 11:04:13 PM »
Had it Repoed; gambling is a serious addiction.

« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2007, 07:40:10 AM »
Didn't he build a castle in Wario World? Why would he need two castles? o.o
"Oh east, I thought you said 'weast'" Patrick

Print