Print

Author Topic: Gods... (SPM Spoilers)  (Read 6302 times)

« on: April 26, 2007, 02:54:03 PM »
In Super Paper Mario, two GODS are shown. This is almost on the verge of Marios religon. This is the sort of thing I wouldn't expect the creators to reveal...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:10:59 PM by Deezer »

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2007, 03:34:57 PM »
Well, keep in mind, these are the god figures of the Flipside dimension, not the Mushroom Kingdom. They could be entirely different there.
I'll think of a better signature later!

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2007, 03:40:42 PM »
Gods? Could you be more specific?
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2007, 04:46:37 PM »
1. No, Chris, each of the worlds in SPM seems to be its own dimension, and as a matter of fact Flipside and Flopside are BETWEEN dimensions. It would appear every dead dude from any dimension goes to The Underwhere when dead as a Shayde but can request permission to go to The Overthere from Queen Jaydes to become a Nimbi. This is just my inference though, since it IS said that you can go to The Overthere when your game is over, but only Nimbis are shown to exist there.
2. No they are not Gods. They are as close to Gods as King Sammer or Mayor Watchitt--they only oversee their realms as rulers.
3. Nobody knows about The Underwhere or The Overthere until their games end. Therefore they cannot worship Grambi or Jaydes.
4. Don't whine at me for spoiling. "(Spoilers)" is written in the topic's title.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2007, 05:10:48 PM »
I've always assumed that Mario's religion centers around the Stars, since that's what the Mushroom Kingdom seems to hold in high regard.

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2007, 05:22:03 PM »
Mario............has a religion? *shrudders at the thought*
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2007, 06:09:09 PM »
Does this have anything to do with your Christian beliefs?

« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2007, 06:12:47 PM »
Umm.........no. I just thought it was weird the Mario games have a religion.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2007, 08:10:19 PM »

Mario is Pastafarian. Think people.

Also, what two god are you talking about? I did not see any gods.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 12:50:30 PM by Metric »
The writer must earn money in order to be able to live and to write, but he must by no means live and write for the purpose of making money.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2007, 02:10:11 PM »
Heh, Pastafarian. But I've always assumed Mario was a new-age hippie. And if you're expecting a "mushroom/drugs" joke, then you're sadly mistaken. Resident Evil's green herbs/marijuana is way funnier.
every

« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2007, 02:21:27 PM »
Also, what two gods are you talking about?

Queen Jaydes and Grambi

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2007, 08:13:11 PM »
I found the "Overthere" and the "Underwhere" to be very humorous allusions, actaully.  Though being a strong Christian, I, in no way, found them insulting.  The moment I read "The Underwhere" I instantly thought that it was simply a clever innuendo poking fun at ancient Greek beliefs. 
"Jaydes" is obviously a parody to "Hades", and "Grambi" was clearly a clever portrayal of.... Bam..bi...?     
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2007, 08:35:46 PM »
I felt the same. I was constantly laughing at the references to Greek Mythology (The River Twygz = clever play on The River Styx) and consistent use of "my game ended" to mean "I died." Jaydes is nothing like Satan, either... notice how she helps you in your quest, and believes honesty is the best policy (a D-Man complained about that). Grambi is nothing like God. He is not all-powerful, for example. It's conceivable that angels speak in olde English though... especially the ones who died when olde English was not yet olde.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2007, 09:31:16 PM »
Jayde is supposed to be Hades (Yes, its the name of the place and s its god), Gram-bi is supposed to be Zeus. I'm personally surprised that no mentioned bonechill. his description states that he may have been related to gram-bi and whatsherface (I can't remember when all the names sound too alike.) escapes from underwhere to take on the throne. I'm not even religious, but even I figured that one out

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2007, 11:33:43 AM »
Yeah, that whole seventh chapter was... oddly awesome, in a Greek mythology sense (whatever everyone above me said). Gods? Maybe, but nobody ever uses the word "god" or "pray". Hey, cheer up, they've got a dang church in part of Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

Mario has no religion, unless you think stars falls under scientology.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print