Print

Author Topic: Idea for New Mario Game  (Read 15486 times)

volbound1700

• Banned
« on: April 26, 2007, 10:14:24 PM »
Here is my idea everyone tell me what you think...

4-player adventure game that is semi 3d (you can move a little bit around like Double Dragon or TMNT 2 and the characters are in 3d but still mostly 2d)  To make it totally 3d would be too advance and take up too much.

4 starting characters: Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Toad.

1st World:  Grassland

Several levels... similar to opening world in SMB3 and SMW

Assortment of baddies:  Piranha, Koopa Troopers, Gombas, etc.

Bosses: Boom Boom (mini), Wario and Waluigi (final)

2nd World:  Dk Jungle

Baddies:  Kremlings and DK enemies

Bosses: Donkey Kong (mini), Bird from DKC, King K Rool (final)

Unlockable heroes: DK after beating him, Diddy Kong  (DK joins your side after thinking you are enemy at first like Knuckles in Sonic3).  Diddy Kong after rescue... can now trade out and be the Kongs

3rd World: Desert World

Baddies: Koopa Trooper, Gombas, Shy Guys, Cactus, Buzzy Beatles, Snakes, Chain Chops

Bosses: Boo House (mini), Sun stage (mini), 3 headed snake from SMB2 (final)

4th World: Water World

Baddies: Cheep Cheep, Blooper, other sea animals plus Koopa Troopers and Gombas on land.

Bosses: Big Bertha (mini), Giant Blooper (mini), First Three Koopa Kids from SMB3 as bosses

5th World: Sky World

Baddies: Enemies from sky in SMB3, flyguy and the guy on black cap from SMB2, Birdos

Bosses: Mouser (mini), Crab (mini), Wart (final)

Rescue:  You rescue Daisy from Wart

6th World: Kirby's Dreamland

Baddies: Assortment of enemies from Kirby

Bosses: Wippy Willow (mini), Metaknight (mini), King DeeDee (mini), Nightmare (final)

Unlockable:  Kirby (upon entering world scene where Kirby comes to join you if you rescue world... can swap out from Kirby then if you want or reject him)

7th World: Ice World

Baddies: Classic Mario Bros enemies

Bosses: Crab from SMB2 (mini), King Boo (mini), remaining 4 Koopa Kids (final)

8th World: Pipe World

Baddies: a large assortment of Piranhas from all the mario games, Wigglers

Bosses: Giant Piranha (mini), Wario and Waluigi returned (mini), first run in with Bowser

9th World: Bowser Land

Baddies: Creative, large army of Koopas with Hammer bros, tanks, ships, etc. 

Bosses: Wario and Waluigi in a car (mini), Bowser Jr (mini), 7 Bowser Kids Combined (mini), Final Battle with Bowser with Bowser Jr. as ally (final)

Rescue: Peach and win game

This is my idea of the awesome Mario Brothers game encompassing a lot of games.  I put Kirby in because I feel like he could fit in with the Mario Universe.  I also want to see a game with all the enemies.  Make maps like on SMB3 that you navigate and put cities with Toad race and Kings in all lands but DK Jungle, Dreamland, Pipe World and Bowser land.  Any comments or advice?
Go Vols!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2007, 01:44:07 PM »
You should've just put this in the New Mario VIdeo Game Ideas thread.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2007, 02:04:28 PM »
This sounds like a remix of every other Mario game ever.
every

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2007, 08:23:43 PM »
This sounds like a remix of every other Mario game ever.
Seconded.

I don't mean to be rude, but it doesn't really sound too "advanced" that it can't be put into 3D.

Perhaps you should focus more on improving the Mario formula to make a truely innovative Mario experience, rather than just focus on level themes, bosses and enemies. Right now, it sounds like a generic Mario platformer.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2007, 09:25:50 PM by Robert »
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2007, 08:31:56 PM »
Honestly, I do not like these ideas at all, for pretty much the same reason Glorb stated. They're not fresh ideas. For the longest time, Nintendo has been trying (note: TRYING) to innovate, not releasing the same thing over and over again with one or two new things here and there.

Also, Kirby is NOT a part of the Mario universe. And he never will be.

Please don't tell us this was the only reason you decided to join, to tell us your idea of a game. Even if they were good ideas, neither Deezer nor any of the other TMK staff works for Nintendo, they cannot make your ideas a reality.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2007, 09:18:44 PM »
I dunno, didn't that type of game die with the 16-bit era. Rehashing isn't always a good thing either.

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 09:43:32 PM »
Dang, didn't expect this kind of negativity.  I just believe that the SMB for NES and SMW were better then Sunshine or Luigi's Mansion or that stuff and everyone I know agrees.  Sunshine was way to childish and the creatures in it look dumb.   

My game is new in tought because you know have 4-player (never done before in any of SMB adventure games)
You have semi 3-d (It would take forever to make it full 3d)
You have characters never before in Mario Adventure games (Wario, King K Rool, Waluigi, DK, Kirby, etc.) 
Old Characters brought back with new technology.  Imagine Wart or Mouser battle in 3-D.  Koopa Kids in 3-d. 
There is so much you can do now with the classics with new technology and Nintendo doesn't do it.  That is the fresh idea making a mario game at the level that it has never been made before. 

The original idea actually game to me when I was playing Super Smash Bros and I thought why not just make an adventure game where you pick heroes and you go and beat all the Villians from past nintendo games.

Plus Super Mario Galaxy is the new revolutionary idea you wanted (although I think it is SMB64 all over again)... some people want to just see a SMB or SMB3 in 3d. 
Plus new Super Mario Bros is just a rehash of those old ideas (too bad I never could play it because I don't have DS). 

Sorry If you don't agree with my ideas.
Go Vols!

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2007, 09:53:19 PM »
"The original idea actually game to me when I was playing Super Smash Bros and I thought why not just make an adventure game where you pick heroes and you go and beat all the Villians from past nintendo games."

I think you already got your wish.

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2007, 11:23:57 PM »
Dang, didn't expect this kind of negativity.  I just believe that the SMB for NES and SMW were better then Sunshine or Luigi's Mansion or that stuff and everyone I know agrees.  Sunshine was way to childish and the creatures in it look dumb.
Mario Sunshine was the first Mario Platform game I ever played, so it holds a special place in my heart.

Plus, you didn't really mention that anywhere in your first post.

My game is new in tought because you know have 4-player (never done before in any of SMB adventure games)
But does that actually add to the experience? Does it change maps to encourage teamwork? Or is it just a gimmick to attract people into buying the game?

You have semi 3-d (It would take forever to make it full 3d)
Ok, sure, that's new, but why step back when Nintendo's newest console is capable of so much more? I don't really like the thoguht of downgrading. Also, good things take time to complete. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess took two years to finish, and the end result was magnificent. Plus, how do you know it could take forever? The game sounds very simplistic, it probably wouldn't take up too much space. 8.5 gigabytes on a disc is a lot more storage than you may think it is.

You have characters never before in Mario Adventure games (Wario, King K Rool, Waluigi, DK, Kirby, etc.)

I don't think non-Mario characters belong in the Mario universe

Old Characters brought back with new technology.  Imagine Wart or Mouser battle in 3-D.  Koopa Kids in 3-d.

To your credit, I would like to see Nintendo bring back the Koopalings in 3-D. I don't know why Nintendo hasn't done so yet.

There is so much you can do now with the classics with new technology and Nintendo doesn't do it.  That is the fresh idea making a mario game at the level that it has never been made before.

So, you're saying the "fresh" idea is to take old Mario ideas and bring them into the new age? That's not exactly "fresh". Nintendo already tried that in NSMB (which I thought was pretty good). A fresh idea would be to make a Zelda-esqe Mario platormer with puzzle elements requiring use of devices and items. Now, Nintendo would probably never do that (and I don't want them to), but it brings a lot more to the Mario franchise than just "oh, let's just re-hash the level themes and bring back a lot of old characters"

Plus new Super Mario Bros is just a rehash of those old ideas (too bad I never could play it because I don't have DS).

But it features everything you want your Dream Mario game to be; in fact, it has nearly all the level themes you described, large maps that connect the levels, and old characters brought back (spiny, anyone? Buzzy Beetle? Monty Mole?)

Sorry If you don't agree with my ideas.
You don't have to be sorry; people have different opinions. That's the whole point of forums: the free and friendly exchange of opinions and arguements. Perhaps you should take people's critism to heart and think up of new ideas for actual gameplay, and not just characters you could possibly bring back. To your credit, Nintendo should bring back some of the older characters like Wart and the Koopalings. However, your game just sounds like a generic Mario game. Don't give up, though: like I said, take constructive critism to heart. For example, you could write about a Mario real-time stratedgy game, where you command the forces of either the Mushroom or the Koopa kingdom in an epic war, with many stats to customize and many battles to be fought. Or perhaps a Mario platform game where the object is to beat a Mario character in a race to the finish line, as long as you just supply more details than just "here's the bosses fight, enemies to battle and places to go. Oh, and there's a 4-player mode, too".
In Soviet Russia, Pokemon chooses you!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2007, 07:27:41 PM »
I want it to be like SMB 3 or SMW in a way as well... if they had the technology then it could be fully 3d like SMB64 but I did not like 64 as well as the old SMBs.  I grew up playing SMB1, 2, 3...

Also as for Mouser and most the old guys they were in the Super Mario Bros Supershow as allies of Bowser (I recently discovered the series on U Tube they are pretty entertaining.) 
Go Vols!

volbound1700

• Banned
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2007, 07:30:30 PM »
I not saying SMB64 was a bad game... I just thought SMB3 was better.  I never understood why they dumbed a lot of characters like the 7 koopa kids from the earlier series. 
Go Vols!

libra346

• Emoticonstipation
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2007, 03:22:25 PM »
a mario 64 for wii
Anything you can do I can do better.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2007, 04:02:42 PM »
You can buy it for the Virtual Console.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 04:42:21 PM »
Or, you know, you could play Super Mario Galaxy (what's the deal with this guy?).
That was a joke.

silverstarman

• Chock full of misinformation
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 05:16:33 PM »
a mario 64 for wii

You mean, Mario Galaxy?

Print