Print

Author Topic: Super Mario custom figures  (Read 15753 times)

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2023, 02:03:47 AM »
The custom touches are nice.  I thought the detached vacuum pack was a Tamagotchi at first.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2023, 07:58:51 PM »
I was in a bit of a lull period but I knocked a few more customs recently.

I saw someone in a Facebook group do this and wanted to give it a try. I made a Bob-omb from the 1993 movie. I used a "Da Bomb" windup toy as the base, and swapped the feet with a TOMY dog windup. The key is from a Bob-omb K'nex figure. The only problem I ran into was the screw on the dog windup was stripped. I had to pry it open, and all the pieces fell out. I put it together the best I could, but it stopped working. So its done, it just doesn't walk right now. Luckily the windup toys are cheap and I will give it another go soon.

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2023, 08:03:18 PM »
Here are a few more that I just finished in the past few weeks.

- SMB1 Mario
- Flying Luigi
- The oddly colored Luigi from the 1986 anime movie "Super Mario Bros.: The Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach!"
« Last Edit: September 05, 2023, 09:21:29 AM by djcos25 »

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2023, 12:20:39 AM »
That bob-omb is a pretty cool idea.  I hope the source toys aren't collectibles in their own right, though.  Who knows?  Maybe there is even a TOMY Forums out there, where people make drumming dogs using parts from Mario characters. 😛

The best commercially available bob-omb that I know of was filled with sugar.
Today's actually... nobody's birthday!  Quick, hurry up and make a baby!

« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2023, 06:42:23 PM »
Been in a bit of a lull period but knocked out a few more customs recently.

First is Foreman Spike from the SMB movie. I used a He-Man: Masters of the Universe Fisto figure and repainted the beard. Funny enough, the body I used was a Lou Albano figure. I'm still working on the tags for the hat and shirt.

« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2023, 06:45:28 PM »
Next is Winged Yoshi from Super Mario World. I found the updated Koopa Paratroopa figure, and took the wings from the old figure. I used my dremel to make the holes, and the wings can still move.

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2023, 06:51:06 PM »
Lastly, I just finished these 2 over the weekend. Just in time for Super Mario Bros. Wonder - Bubble Mario and Bubble Luigi. Included are a Bubble Flower and bubble.

I used Fire Mario/Luigi as the base figure. For Mario, I used any standard red hat Mario for the head, as I preferred the closed mouth rather than the open mouth expression found on Fire Mario. The bubble accessory is just a marble.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2023, 06:52:38 PM by djcos25 »

« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2024, 07:30:56 AM »
These are so good! Well done.
Bowser impostor in 5-4, Japanese god in real life!

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2024, 10:38:20 AM »
Next is Winged Yoshi from Super Mario World. I found the updated Koopa Paratroopa figure, and took the wings from the old figure. I used my dremel to make the holes, and the wings can still move.
"dremel"?
- Mario500, visitor of this site since the calendar year 1999.

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2024, 09:08:00 PM »
"dremel"?

It's a small power tool I use for drilling, cutting, sanding and other hobby stuff.

Here are 2 more I recently finished - Rolla Koopa and Dr. Mario.

Print