Print

Author Topic: 1-18-08  (Read 5764 times)

Glorb

• Banned
« on: September 16, 2007, 02:13:58 PM »
By now you should know about the "1-18-08" (a.k.a. Cloverfield) trailer that appeared before screenings of Transformers a few months ago. On YouTube there are a gajillion videos of people trying to explain what the movie's about. I am not exactly obsessed with it, but it's certainly captured my attention, and, much like Christmas, I can't wait for January 18th. I'm guesstimating that the movie won't be an actual monster movie, but a documentary-style horror/disaster flick in the style of The Blair Witch Project with a sort of alternate reality game flavor to it (or, at least, its marketing). Anyway, it looks pretty awesome, and, along with Iron Man, is definately going to be one of the movies I see next year.
every

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 03:05:09 PM »
I had never heard of it until now. I also don't care.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 03:28:16 PM »
Dude, if you don't care, what's the point of even posting?

I thought "Rampage" when I first heard about this movie. One of the actor's name is Lizzy. A little ironic, I suppose.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 03:43:46 PM »
I read a very interesting explanation that noted various low key clues that pointed to the monsters being the biblical Behemoth, Leviathan and I'm blanking on the last one.

I had never heard of it until now. I also don't care.
Spam.

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 03:48:04 PM »
I'm actually pretty interested in this movie after seeing it's teaser poster.

MaxVance

• Vance Vance Revolution
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 03:56:16 PM »
Dude, if you don't care, what's the point of even posting?
I did mention that I also had never heard of it. I wouldn't care about if I didn't know what it was, either.
Remember that your first Goomba boldly you walk? When Mario touched that mushroom being brought up more largely remember that you are surprised? Miscalculate your jump that pit remember that it falls?

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 04:01:07 PM »
You led me to believe you didn't care just because you didn't care, not because you haven't heard of it. Perhaps you should have said "I haven't cared up to this point because I haven't heard of it," rather than "I haven't heard of it, and I also don't care."
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:02:49 PM by PaperLuigi »

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 04:41:45 PM »
Well, thing is, I didn't care either up until about a week or two ago when I saw all the theories on the Web. This is also probably the first time I've gotten even remotely interested in an ARG (the slusho.jp website, which is somehow related to the Slusho shirt worn by a character in the trailer).
every

Area 64

• Cholesterol
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 06:22:53 PM »
When I looked at this topic's title, I thought it was another one of those proposed dates when the world would end.

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 06:31:07 PM »
I'm actually pretty interested in this movie after seeing it's teaser poster.

That looks really similar to the poster used for the movie The Day After Tomorrow.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2007, 07:03:01 PM »
So is Cloverfield just a working title or the actual title of the movie?
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2007, 02:01:20 PM »
I'm sure it's a codename, kinda like Blue Harvest. To my knowledge there's no place in New York called Cloverfield that has anything to do with the movie, so it's likely a placeholder.
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2007, 05:53:20 PM »
^ I concur.

It's about time for another flick with weirdo marketing. Haven't had one of those since... what, The Matrix? The Blair Witch Project?
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Boo_penguin

• Mushroom_Boy's best pal
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2007, 12:54:28 PM »
It's nothing to do with the article "USA is not going to be destroyed by the war, the water would make US dissapear in 100 years" or something?. I read something in the newspaper a long time ago. But yes that poster reminds me The Day after tomorrow (crappy movie btw), but I think it's something to do with bad weather.
Before I go to bed I always scream "Everybody's doin' a brand new dance now and some girl appears and say  "Come on baby do the loco-motion".

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2007, 04:58:12 PM »
Naw. I mean, look at the poster. That's definitely claw marks. Though it's probably not Godzilla. I mean, since when has Godzilla been able to explode and shoot meteors out of his butt?
every

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 07:20:59 PM »
It better not be Godzilla--though I seriously doubt it is.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2007, 01:12:08 PM »
It's been said that the movie will not be a sequel, or a remake of anything. The monster will be all-new. Don't worry.
We have a secret page!

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2007, 02:24:55 PM »
My little pet theory is that the explosion itself is the monster; er, at least, it's some sort of formless entity that can cause mass destruction without worrying about the laws of physics. That's my guess.
every

Print