Print

Author Topic: Brawl's Ups and Downs  (Read 99615 times)

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #315 on: May 04, 2008, 10:41:08 PM »
Meta Knight is actually really good.
That was a joke.

Captain Jim

• TwinklyMuffin
« Reply #316 on: May 05, 2008, 12:29:49 AM »
75m is actually really bad.
No! I don't want that!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #317 on: May 05, 2008, 06:19:56 AM »
Some of the SSE trophies are hard to find/get. I don't know how many times I've had a Stand appear, but the trophy I need is in the next area, which means going through a door and losing the stand that I've collected. I've gotten frustrated/given up many times..
Trying to get the trophies of bosses is where I start pulling my hair out.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #318 on: May 05, 2008, 03:53:41 PM »
Meta Knight is actually really good.

I don't really like him

1. What's wrong with 'em? They provided an option for those who want to use a character another player is using, but don't want to have the same character. Once again, it's 26 Melee characters with them, or  about twenty without. Take your pick.
2. There are no clones in Brawl. Only Luigified characters who may share Final Smashes.

As I said, it's not necessarily bad.

75m is actually really bad.

I like the retro feel.
Ditto used Machop!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #319 on: May 05, 2008, 04:04:42 PM »
I don't like how all the platforms in 75m are freakishly short, but I still don't mind playing on it. New Pork City, however, is the devil.
Edward has always dreamed of becoming a female monkey.

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #320 on: May 05, 2008, 04:06:17 PM »
yeah I really don't like New Pork City at all. It's bearable if the fighters are right next to each other, but it's so difficult to catch what's going on when it's zoomed out due to the spreading of characters.
Ditto used Machop!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #321 on: May 05, 2008, 04:13:03 PM »
And fighting teams on classic is frustrating in New Pork City. 

missingno

• ▄█ 'M ▓▒
« Reply #322 on: May 05, 2008, 04:16:06 PM »
Nearly everytime I play, I end up fighting Team Ness or Lucas, I'm not even kidding.
Ditto used Machop!

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #323 on: May 05, 2008, 04:23:41 PM »
That's why Classic seems tedious to me sometimes. Also, I think there are more interesting Earthbound characters compared to Lucas:

Turtlekid1

• Tortuga
« Reply #324 on: May 05, 2008, 06:47:18 PM »
yeah I really don't like New Pork City at all. It's bearable if the fighters are right next to each other, but it's so difficult to catch what's going on when it's zoomed out due to the spreading of characters.

First time I played that stage, my friend was Pit and I was Mario.  My friend kept flying from one end of the stage to the other.  It's way too easy for a character with good jumping to toy with their opponents on that stage.
"It'll say life is sacred and so is death
but death is life and so we move on"

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #325 on: May 05, 2008, 07:07:17 PM »
All of The chosen Four in EarthBound are in Brawl. Just look here...

Ness is Ness, because he has the bat and looks just like him. Ness is Paula, because he uses PK Thunder and PK Fire*. Jeff is Jeff, because he has rockets. And Ness is Poo, because he can use Starstorm.

*Lucas may even be a better Paula, having PK Freeze in his arsenal as well as blond hair, but that would ruin the joke just a little: that Ness is almost a one-man EarthBound party in Smash. Just give him a Cracker Launcher and you're good to go.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

N64 Chick

• one ticked chick
« Reply #326 on: May 05, 2008, 08:13:30 PM »
That...is surprisingly well put though you forgot to mention that Ness is Paula and/or Poo because he has PSI Magnet. Still, nice one.
Fangirling over Luigi since 1999.

Ambulance Y

• raewrednu
« Reply #327 on: May 10, 2008, 01:03:01 PM »
I have never ever understood what Ness's B down move does. In any of the Smash Bros games. Help?

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #328 on: May 10, 2008, 01:46:31 PM »
If you're hit by an energy-based projectile (fire, lasers, etc.) while using the Magnet, you'll recover health. What it can and can't absorb varies from game to game. In Melee, you can't absorb Master Hand's bullets, while you can in Smash and Brawl. In Melee, you can absorb the Ice Climbers' Ice Shot, but no longer in Brawl.
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #329 on: May 10, 2008, 07:35:25 PM »
What kind of accent is Ness supposed to have anyway? Because I will swear until the day I die he's saying "PK Cross" when he does PK Flash.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

Print