Print

Author Topic: European Extreme Fatman, Groznyj Grad, and stairway help (Metal Gear)  (Read 3455 times)

« on: May 26, 2008, 11:44:32 PM »
I need some help from the Metal Gear fans on the site (I know Glorb and SolidShroom are fans, but just in case there are more fans, I made this topic). I am trying to complete the European Extreme modes on MGS1, MGS2 and MGS3 but I'm stuck on three different parts in all three games (yes, I suck). On MGS1, I can't get past the stairway part (Snake trips the laser beams and you have to run up the stairs battling a ton of enemies), on MGS2 I can't defeat Fatman and on MGS3 I can't get past the part where Big Boss has been stripped of his gear and is trying to get to the manhole on the northwestern side of Groznyji Grad. With the stairs, I make it up to about the 20th level but I'm ultimately killed. With Fatman, I try using the strategy where you shoot him in the head, wait for him to dance, and then shoot him in the foot (and then repeat) but I'm a terrible shot with the tranquilizer gun and I always end up missing (I can shoot his head, but I always miss his foot). With Groznyji Grad, I can't take 3 steps without getting spotted by the bad guys.

So I guess what I'm trying to say is...I totally need some help.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 10:32:49 PM »
After about 100 some odd tries, I finally beat Fatman on EE mode. So disregard help in that area. Anyone care to help me on the other two spots?

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2008, 07:38:48 PM »
Actually I was about to offer Fatman advice when I saw this, but oh well.

While I've forgotten my MGS1 strategies, I have this bit of advice to offer: See, the strategy with Groznyj Grad is to have ridiculous amounts of patience. Crawl EVERYWHERE. Never get up until you're like three feet from the manhole. Crawl under the trucks for cover (obviously), wait a very long time till the coast is clear, move to the next truck, and repeat until you're close enough to crawl or stalk past the dog to the manhole. If your timing is impeccable you can spend only a few seconds underneath each truck before moving onto the next. Other than that, I can't tell you much more. Just replay it over and over again until you can perfect the flow of things down to a science.
every

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2008, 09:12:05 AM »
Thanks Glorb. I'll give it a try.

I just decided to kill Fatman the hard way. I locked on with the SOCOM and blasted him until he fell on his butt, and then I took a few shots at his head with the M9 gun. It took forever, but he's dead and that's all that matters.

Print