Print

Author Topic: About Myamoto's "Mature" Mario  (Read 8947 times)

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2000, 11:53:55 AM »
man dont call him a pllumer wold be a good idea
marios butt

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2000, 06:02:54 PM »
Yes, maybe Myamoto wants to put Mario back to his usual self. However, I believe that if Myamoto is doing this "Mature" thing, It's not just for the fans. It may be because of the better graphics on the Dolphin. All of of you have seen the PS2 graphics, right? They're not that bad. The Dolphin however, will be 3 times more powerful than the PS2, maybe a little more. Anyway, there was an article on Nintendo Land about Mario's graphics in the NES-SNES stages. It stated that Mario's graphics were cutsy because of the bad graphics. Nobody minded this of course, but when the cutsy graphics got to the N64, a far better polygon pushing system, people looked upon the Mario games, saying "There for kids." I think Myamoto finally realized this, and he is now maturing Mario back to his normal stats. Well, at least that's what I think.

I know Nintendo cared about their fans right from the start, so I don't expect to be disapointed. Of course, Nintendo could of held this "maturing mario" idea until competition was quiet, but at least I don't mind that.

The untold agent is among you.

Edited by - Ironfoot on 6/16/00 5:07:03 PM
Did you meet my Siberian Monkey?

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2000, 08:19:55 PM »
Hmmm... I'd say that by 'mature' Miyamoto-san means that Mario will become much more strategic.  Less cutesy?  SMRPG was highly cutesy (I think), but also highly playable and popular among a wide range of gamers.  Also, we must remember that the definition of the word 'mature' depends highly on the culture it comes from.  I am an American, and when I hear the word mature I think of violence and questionable actions.  For the Japanese, mature might take on a different meaning.  For the most part, Nintendo has been a cean, family-friendly company.

I'm not too worried about what happens to Mario in the future, as long as Shigeru Miyamoto has a hand in game development.  He usually takes care of his gamers.
Someone set up us the bomb!

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2000, 08:20:07 PM »
Boy, is my face red.  I accidentally posted the same stinkin' message twice!

I'll go hide under a rock now...

Edited by - Hinopio on 6/17/00 11:27:53 AM
Someone set up us the bomb!

Print