Print

Author Topic: My awesome import game collection  (Read 7034 times)

« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2009, 08:04:40 PM »
Thank god no one here has Mother 3. Then I'd get jealous.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2009, 10:43:15 PM »
Uh... you realize that you can probably still import Mother 3 for about $40?
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2009, 09:07:05 PM »
I thought I was lucky to have the Famicom Mini SMB2(j) cart for the GBA and a Chinese SMB2(j) guide to go with it.

EDIT: Wow. Can't find a picture or description of that guide anywhere, so here are a couple of pictures...

What I really would like to find are the Japanese Super Mario Advance 4 e-Reader cards, but the chances of finding them, as well as a Japanese SMA4 cart and a Japanese eReader, are one in a million...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2009, 09:12:31 PM by jdaster64 »
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2009, 09:59:15 PM »
You wouldn't need a Japanese SMA4 or a Japanese e-Reader. Not that they would be particularly hard to come by.
That was a joke.

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 10:32:16 PM »
The e-Reader isn't region-free. To use the cards that weren't released in the US, he would in fact need a Japanese e-Reader. Not that it would be particularly hard to come by.

« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2009, 04:32:08 PM »
The e-Reader isn't region-free. To use the cards that weren't released in the US, he would in fact need a Japanese e-Reader. Not that it would be particularly hard to come by.
I thought so, and I wouldn't trust the cards that did stuff like change 1-up Mushrooms to 3-up Moons to work on an American copy of SMA4. I would have thought the Japanese e-Reader hard to find, though, and certainly the cards themselves.
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #21 on: February 05, 2009, 04:44:49 PM »
Yeah... because they would really have to write completely different code to make the same game for America. (Not)
That was a joke.

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2009, 09:49:39 PM »
You get "region Error" that is the only time region lockout is acceptable. I still want those classic Japan-only levels from Series 3 and 4.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 10:57:32 AM »
I now have

X and some other Japanese Gameboy games
Pro Action Replay MK3 for SNES
Gold Xevious Famicom cart

That's all worth mentioning... the rest is well not important in terms of rarity and imports.
ROM hacking with a slice of life.

« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 04:14:57 PM »
Not very amazing but I have a Famicom, a Famicom Disk System, Doki Doki Panic (Rarely works though), Super Mario Bros.,  Super Mario Bros. The Lost Levels/2, Return of Mario and something I can't prononce Mario on a Famicom Disk, Super Mario Bros. 3, Super Mario Bros. 2/USA, Fire Emblem and Fire Emblem Gaiden.

I have an English to Japanese game converter for the SNES and I own Fire Emblem Monshou no Nazo (Mystery of the Emblem), Fire Emblem Seisen no Keifu (Genealogy of the Holy War), and Fire Emblem Thracia 776.

I can play the games without understanding Japanese for some of them but others I can't play because I have no idea how to speak Japanese.

Print