Print

Author Topic: Transitional Fossil  (Read 42587 times)

« Reply #90 on: May 29, 2009, 02:51:35 PM »
Right, because imposing your views on others leaves you the option of "well-liked"

Boo Dudley, please stop imposing your views on others. Thanks. Now, before being branded a hypocrite for the following response, please acknowledge that I am simply expressing what I know to be true:

why in the world would God send me to burn forever for that?

Now, I'm no theologist, but hear me out on this one: There is nothing we can do as human beings that can possibly exempt us from God's love. Anyone who repents and accepts Jesus as their saviour has received the grace of God. Anyone.

And lastly, in defense of Turtlekid, we as Christians feel (to varying degrees) obliged to "go and make disciples of all nations". How could he do that if oppressed into silence by his surrounding majority?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #91 on: May 29, 2009, 02:57:05 PM »
When you are forced to meet the real world, the one outside your private Christian school and confines of your cozy gated community, you'll be popped out of your sanctimonious little bubble from which the world was a stark, black & white instead of the sickly mess of gray that it really is.

Please introduce me to this so-called "cozy gated community." Christians have to face the real world just like everyone else.

Until then, you're just an cute little nuisance. I JUST WANNA SQUEEZE THOSE WITTLE CHWEEK YES I DO.

Don't be a dick. Seriously, how are we supposed to argue our points if we're just ****ing rude to the opposition?
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 03:00:18 PM by PaperLuigi »
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #92 on: May 29, 2009, 03:09:13 PM »
I believe that Boo Dudley was referring to the steretypical "over-sheltered American Christian bigot" population with his decidedly dickish "cozy gated community" comment... but yeah.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 08:56:37 PM by Weegee »

Boo Dudley

• This is not a secret page hint
« Reply #93 on: May 29, 2009, 03:10:27 PM »
Boo Dudley, please stop imposing your views on others.

I'm not, genius.

Boo Dudley

« Reply #94 on: May 29, 2009, 03:12:42 PM »
Please introduce me to this so-called "cozy gated community." Christians have to face the real world just like everyone else.

Don't be a dick. Seriously, how are we supposed to argue our points if we're just ****ing rude to the opposition?

First of all, when in bloody hell did I include all Christians in my statement? it was directed towards turtlekid.

Secondly, there is no "opposition". I never said I was anyone's team.

« Reply #95 on: May 29, 2009, 03:20:46 PM »
When exactly did Turtlekid state that he resides in a "cozy gated community"?

« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2009, 04:17:32 PM »
Secondly, there is no "opposition". I never said I was anyone's team.

So then you're just...commenting in this thread to be a dick to Turtlekid?
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

Boo Dudley

« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2009, 04:19:23 PM »
It was based on a hypothesis that only anyone blocked off to the real world could be so obtuse and close-minded. Seeing though that he hasn't refuted the accusation, I'd say I hit the proverbial nail on the head.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 04:21:08 PM by Boo Dudley »

Boo Dudley

« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2009, 04:20:49 PM »
So then you're just...commenting in this thread to be a dick to Turtlekid?

Yes, that. Totally not because he was being an insufferable fascist.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2009, 05:02:25 PM »
Just because Turtlekid is (almost) the only religious guy here who consistantly and vocally stands up for his beliefs, not matter how crazy they may sound, doesn't make him a nuisance. It makes him, for lack of a better word, stubborn. I disagree with just about everything that comes out of the dude's throat, religion-wise, but does that make him some enemy of mine? No. So quit trying to convert him, 'cause it ain't gonna work, and quit acting like *******s towards him, since that ain't gonna work either.
every

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #100 on: May 29, 2009, 05:35:44 PM »
You can't really get mad at someone for "imposing their views" on you without imposing your own view that imposing views is bad.
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #101 on: May 29, 2009, 06:48:29 PM »
:)
every

Boo Dudley

« Reply #102 on: May 29, 2009, 07:08:32 PM »
So quit trying to convert him, 'cause it ain't gonna work,

Convert =/= telling someone to keep it to themselves

and quit acting like *******s

You know how to push my spite button like no-one else. Who the hell elected you mediator?

« Reply #103 on: May 29, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »
I believe that this discussion has come to the point where one guy decides to get mad at another claiming that everyone else is mad at him when only the person in question really is.

That said, he obviously isn't "shoving his beliefs down everyone's throats" because no one else feels that way. He is stating what he believes, and his logic. You don't have to take that as "YOU'RE WRONG AND THIS IS RIGHT."
I'm a horrible person.

CrossEyed7

• i can make this whatever i want; you're not my dad
« Reply #104 on: May 29, 2009, 08:01:44 PM »
Convert =/= telling someone to keep it to themselves
Keep your telling people to keep things to themselves to yourself.

Looks to me like you basically just admitted that when you say you want him to stop "imposing his views," what you really mean is you just want him to shut up when he says things you don't like. Who's the fascist now?
"Oh man, I wish being a part of a Mario fan community was the most embarrassing thing about my life." - Super-Jesse

Print