Print

Author Topic: Mario Universe Voice Acting Mysteries, Etc.  (Read 41356 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #105 on: September 22, 2010, 11:19:20 PM »
That reminds me, there was one phrase he said upon entering a level in SMS that I couldn't for the life of me comprehend. I know I heard one of his phrases was "arriva derci" but I don't think this was it. Anyone have any ideas?

The Chef: I have found your answer (and you were actually extremely close!).

Here's an excerpt taken from mariowiki.com

"In Super Mario Sunshine and Super Mario Galaxy, the 'Too Bad!' changes into a red Game Over sign. In translated versions of Super Mario Sunshine, it says 'arriverderci', Italian for 'goodbye'."

Mario says that word sometimes when he dies, and like you said you've heard, I've heard it too.
Formerly quite reasonable.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #106 on: October 23, 2010, 09:35:50 PM »
Reasonable 1 month bump since its only like 5 topics down from the top or wherever.

In Mario Tennis, what does Luigi say after Waluigi swings his racket and points at him in the intro? Sounds like "Luigi not-a impressed"

« Reply #107 on: October 23, 2010, 11:06:55 PM »
I thought it was "Luigi no like-a play tennis" *winks at player/camera*
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #108 on: October 23, 2010, 11:16:57 PM »
I thought he said "Luigi's not afraid".

« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2010, 11:48:29 PM »
Huh, with the Mario Kart Wii voices all ripped at the Spriter's Resource, apparently the heavy male black/pink/lime Mii's third selection clip is "Ha-ha-ha-HAH", rather than the decidely cooler "Ha-ha-HAAH" I'd always heard/imagined.  And Mario's damage clip without BG noise sounds nothing like "Spongebob".  Dangit, pristine audio rips!
If she is indeed genetically mutated such that she has an eye in the back of her head, then I guess that she is genetically mutated and has an eye in the back of her head.

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2010, 07:37:55 PM »
I thought it was "Luigi no like-a play tennis" *winks at player/camera*

That's what I thought at first. I thought he was saying, "Luigi not-a play [pansy tennis]..." The [ ] part being Luigi copying Waluigi's slow swing in order to mock him.

...heavy male black/pink/lime Mii's third selection clip is "Ha-ha-ha-HAH", rather than the decidely cooler "Ha-ha-HAAH" I'd always heard/imagined.

None of the Mii voice clips are cool in any way, shape, or form.

By the way, jdaster, alllll those voice clips seems to be screwed up in one way or another. Like the last 30 milliseconds of a clip is cut off. Very annoying. I don't know what the problem is.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 07:20:32 PM by Trainman »

Print