Print

Author Topic: Mario Football  (Read 8113 times)

« on: December 12, 2010, 01:39:48 AM »
Why hasnt it been done? i mean the obvious Football is only popular in america thing.  It could do the same as mario super sluggers and be Japan and US only.  I could totally see it being done, Mario, Luigi, Yoshi, Peach, Daisy, Wario, Waluigi, DK, and Bowser as QBs.  Chargin chuck could be Kicker/punter. dry bones for WR, Monty mole as lineman, Toad as TE, Koopa as RB.

what do you guys think?

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2010, 08:57:15 AM »
I've wondered once or twice, but I think the answer is simple: The sheer monopoly other franchises have over the series, combined with the almost mathematical nature of football plays and player layout (which would probably prevent a lot of wiggle room for odd character-related abilities), no doubt are a combination Nintendo wouldn't feel like trying to sell--especially these days.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2010, 01:22:03 PM »
We don't need anymore Mario sports titles, that's why.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2010, 05:41:58 PM »
We don't need anymore Mario sports titles

Agreed. Kart, Party, Tennis, Golf, Basketball, and Soccer are more than enough, along with upcoming the Mario Sports.

I know they haven't made a new Mario Party in a couple years, but that's ok. There are more than enough mini-games over the 10 titles to keep everybody partying for a long time.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 11:51:23 PM »
well there hasnt been a golf or tennis game in a while, but i see whats going on.  its probably not gonna happen but it would be cool.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2010, 12:27:16 AM »
I dunno, Super Mario Gridiron sounds like a pretty decent idea to me. It could harken back to the NES Play Action Football days and be something a little more arcadey.

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2010, 04:01:03 AM »
But it wouldn't. It would be a mediocre football game with gimmicky power-ups shoehorned in.
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2010, 07:09:34 PM »
^well so was mario soccer.  people still had fun with it.

Kimimaru

• Max Stats
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2010, 07:19:40 PM »
I dunno, Super Mario Gridiron sounds like a pretty decent idea to me. It could harken back to the NES Play Action Football days and be something a little more arcadey.

That Gridiron game in Mario Party 8 was so much fun!
The Mario series is the best! It has every genre in video games but RTS'! It also has a plumber who does different roles, a princess, and a lot of odd creatures who don't seem to poop!

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2010, 08:37:42 PM »
But it wouldn't. It would be a mediocre football game with gimmicky power-ups shoehorned in.

I don't recall any of the previous Mario sports games being mediocre or gimmicky. What are you on about?

« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2010, 09:09:37 PM »
I don't recall any of the previous Mario sports games being mediocre or gimmicky. What are you on about?

>mfw the Chef thinks Mario Power Tennis was any good
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2010, 09:16:52 PM »
It certainly wasn't as good as Mario Tennis 64, but I wouldn't say it was bad.

ShadowBrain

• Ridiculously relevant
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 09:19:49 PM »
I feel really guilty about the fact that I asked for that game and then... I'm pretty sure I've literally never played it.
"Mario is your oyster." ~The Chef

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 09:41:21 PM »
>mfw the Chef thinks Mario Power Tennis was any good

The tennis games were the best Mario sports titles if you don't include Mario Kart. Power Tennis would have been better than Mario Tennis 64 if it didn't have the gimmicks.
Luigison: Question everything!
Me: Why?

« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2010, 10:00:42 PM »
I played MPT to clear some of the events, until I found that other characters were playable over Toad (who had been playable in the past two Tennis games). I've played it several times since, but not as much as Tennis 64, or the other spinoffs.
Kinopio is the ultimate video game character! Who else can drive a kart, host parties, play tennis, give good advice and items, and is almost always happy??

Print