Print

Author Topic: Baby Mario not Mario??? Rumors...  (Read 16229 times)

Mario Maniac

• Loose buttons
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2002, 01:40:00 PM »
No no no no no! You have it all wrong Screech.

Allow me to explain.

The reason that Nintendo didn't explain Mario's history in the original Super Mario Bros. game was because they were just testing a new character that Shigeru Miyamoto had created a few years back (remember Mario Bros. for the Arcade?).

Shiggy had an idea for a cool platforming game with a little guy called Mario, who had previously appeared in both Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong for the Arcades. Since this was simply a test run for Nintendo, they thought it would be to laborsome to include a full family history for Mario, since this was his first starring role in a game outside of the puzzle/strategy genere.
---
People who like video games should also like Nintendo. People who don't like Nintendo obviously don't like video games.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2002, 08:28:37 PM »
Screech. You are correct. Sadly, you win no prizes.
Mario Maniac. You are also correct. About the techicalities of why Mario's story has descrepancies. But you are wrong about Screech being wrong.
Todd. Whatever you were reading became null and void when Yoshi's Island came out. The stories in the games overrule stuff in the print world. And besides, the people that write that stuff... do you think they go and check it with Miyamoto and Co. before they publish it? NO! They just try to make a story that sounds good to them.

It sure gets boring having the same signature all the time. See what I mean?
That was a joke.

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2002, 03:48:19 PM »
My friend has Mario Party, and he said that the manual sid that Mario and Luigi were born 12 seconds apart, not minutes.

It's ah me Marioguy
I HATE JON!!! He betrayed me. So now everyone can have his picture.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2002, 10:34:23 PM »
Thank you marioguy! But our princess is... uhh... But anyway, thanks for the confirmation.

That was a joke.

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2002, 11:10:27 PM »
12 SECONDS?!? Is that even physically possible? Their poor mama...

-------
La taille de sein n`importe pas. Aussi longtemps que vous n`êtes pas dégoûter gros, et votre face n`est pas laide, vous êtes bon avec moi. A moins que vous planifiez sur le nourrir vos enfants avec votre propre lait, vous n`avez pas besoin des grands seins.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2002, 11:26:33 PM »
I agree. But, it is a cartoon. So therefore, it happened.

That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2002, 01:29:58 PM »
No No No!!! you all wrong. Mario's parents lived in the mushoom kingdom, when they had mario and luigi bowser's father had started a terrible war and many people died. Since Bowser's father was a dragon he was very powerful. when he started getting near the twins home their parents talked to the king and gave permishion to use the speicle worp. with this worp the two twins were sent to the real world. There mother came with them into the world and in the dead of night took them to an orfanige and left them on the front step. she tried to get away back to the mushroom kingdom but one of Bowser's father's henchmen got her as soon as she returned.the war ended 7 years later, and the minite the war ended the qeen was informed she was prehnant with the Princess toadstool. 20 years later mario and luigi are plumber and stubled upon the mushrrom kingdom. after saving peach she told them about there parents and  such. and sadly told them that there parents did no make it through the war. Peach's father and mother retired and moved to some tropical island far far away. and the rest it history.

CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
CANADA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2002, 01:52:39 PM »
That makes a lotta sense, y'know. Thing is, you added too many details that were 100% made up by you.

Now, I'm NOT saying that my throey is true, but my belief is that they were born in mthe mushroom kingdom, sent to earth because of some sort of disaster (probably koopa war) and ended up in Italy. Later on in their life they moved to America, became demolotionists (mario's wrecking somethingorother) then construction workers, then it all happens.

If youre interested in conlanging (reating languages), go to http://www.4gigs.com/~conlang/yabb/YaBB.cgi a conlanging forum.

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2002, 02:01:20 PM »
My theory is totally grounded in fact. But do you believe me? No.

-------
The Vatican rules can not be changed. So sayeth the spider.
-Queen Spider

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2002, 02:54:14 PM »
Can't be bothered reading all those posts, so any repetition of previously-made points is purely down to my own laziness. Anyway - how I see it:
Yoshi's Island pretty much dispelled all the myths about Mario coming from anywhere other than the Mushroom World. It's also got rid of the whole "Mario's older than Luigi" thing.
The only real mystery is how the brothers obtained the "Italian" status. I can only assume that their parents were Itallian (or whatever the Mushroomian equivalent of Itallian is - who knows - there could be an Italy in the Mushroom World - but, I'm just speculating as I can only go by the games).
On the subject of Baby Mario and Bowser - this is just an odd time-travel thing, I'm led to assume. Caused by (I'm guessing) Magikoopas (feasable enough, I think). Why baby Bowser is cloned in the Mario Party games, I have no idea, but this could also be attributed to them darn magikoopas.
Was that okay?

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2002, 03:38:38 PM »
I agree with Red Yoshi.  I'm also tossing in a few other facts....
Wario and Waluigi would never have been evil (in fact they had different, forgotten names).  See, Wario & Waluigi are Mario & Luigi's cousins.  When Mario & Luigi were warped to Italy (or Brooklyn if you insist), Bowser came and attacked, killed Mario's father, kidnapped Wario & Waluigi and raised them in the Dark Land.  Wario & Waluigi were there because they came to see off their cousins.  Mario's mother was able to hide, for many long years.  Then Wario and Waluigi were given these names.  Wario was released first, for he was rude to Bowser, but Waluigi was very kind and all that, and...aw forget it, just go read the Waluigi Bio on my website!  Follow the URL below to get right to the bio.
http://www.geocities.com/supermariofc/bios/waluigi.html

Read it and you'll understand what I mean.

LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.
LieutenantEagle
--------
Gandalf: The Eagles have come!  The Eagles have come!
LieutenantEagle: I know.  They''re in front of you.

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2002, 11:50:47 PM »
I SAY
They were born in the Mushroom Kingdom. Then comes frostbite's theory of how they got to Brooklyn. Then they got back to the Mushroom Kingdom. It's as simple as that.

"Tonight, I`ll make an old family recipe. Pickled dandelions with barnacles in a diesel marinade!" - Prof. E. Gadd
That was a joke.

« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2002, 05:56:15 AM »
Well, Seeing how Baby Mario and Baby Bowser were in the same game and now baby bowser is supposedley in Mario sunshine as water Mario so that explains how Baby Mario appeared in Mario golf becuse in fact that is Mario's son but then where did baby Luigi go?
Blooh blah it sta bah

« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2002, 10:31:06 AM »
Now look: I've said this many times before. There is a group of mushroom-shaped houses in Pompeii, Italy. They were obviously taken there, not anywhere in the Mushroom "universe".

-------
Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
The Carriage held but just Ourselves
And Immortality.

« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2002, 12:52:10 PM »
Mario and Wario were childhood rivals (SML2 manual story). If Mario spent his childhood in Brooklyn, or Wario spent his in the "dark world" (or whatever that other chappy said) they couldn't have been rivals, and this would contradict the story. They must've been in the Mushroom World their whole life for the story in the games to work (ie not the cartoon or film, which don't fit in anyway).

~Waddle Dedede @ www.the-warp-zone.com
I ignored the rules about signatures, therefore I am most likely a spam account.

Print