Print

Author Topic: Gamer's Haven Inc.  (Read 49858 times)

« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2003, 09:05:22 PM »
Do you mean to show you what the file is? I can e-mail it to you-only if that's what you meant.
-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #76 on: June 10, 2003, 09:09:58 PM »
Can we get back on-topic now?
Okay, votes, people! Gamer's Haven--gamer singular (and incorrect grammar) or Gamers' Haven--gamers plural (and correct)?

Gamer's:  2 (Mario Master and jon)
Gamers':  2  (Black Mage--I think--and me)

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #77 on: June 10, 2003, 09:16:07 PM »
I know, why don't you just get rid of the 's' completely and it will look like "Gamer Haven". The title means that it's, well, it's hard to explain.
Or, you just can continue with the voting.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #78 on: June 10, 2003, 09:19:09 PM »
If you know how to use sound file with HTML you can put as many sound, midis, etc. on you page as you want.  To do it with HTML in page builder: click 'insert' > 'forms and scripts' > HTML code.

Or, if all you want is some background music: 'insert' > 'basic' > 'background music.

In both cases you will have to upload the sound files first.  Or, use them off of another site, but most people don't like you stealing their bandwidth.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #79 on: June 10, 2003, 09:22:46 PM »
To be honest, is the site gonna be about just Mario games? 'Cuz if so, saying "Gamer" seems a bit too broad. I know we already have a domain name and all, but why not give it a Mario-related name?

Suggestion: Star Haven?

--------------------
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #80 on: June 10, 2003, 09:29:10 PM »
That sounds good, but how about using the name of the game you guys are making.  And that would be...
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #81 on: June 10, 2003, 09:34:54 PM »
I was thinking about Star Haven for my site name, but then that would be like copying from you.
Heyyyy.....now that I just noticed it, this topic thingy here says "Gamer's Haven Inc."! That means that it's the apostrophe before the s! Oh, and both ways are grammatically correct: the way you say it is correct because it means more then one person and the way I say it is for one person.
Oh, and Luigison, the Geocities program it gives me doesn't allow me to upload ANY music! Only certain pictures/gifs and text documents. Maybe that's the way a free site goes...

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #82 on: June 10, 2003, 09:36:48 PM »
Hmm...we're not there yet.
It's ALWAYS best to name titles *AFTER* the whole thing--be it story, game, song, etc--is completed. Otherwise, you'll be restricted to the limitations of it fitting to the title. --and if not, the title would tend to not fit the key point of the work.

--------------------

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #83 on: June 10, 2003, 09:40:34 PM »
"Heyyyy.....now that I just noticed it, this topic thingy here says "Gamer's Haven Inc."! That means that it's the apostrophe before the s!"

--Yes, but the "Club 86'" thread title is incorrect, too. That doesn't make it correct. We all know it's really "Club '86," but there's nothing we can do to fix the title of the thread.

--------------------

« Reply #84 on: June 10, 2003, 09:40:37 PM »
Yeah, that's true. Maybe you might end up calling your site Mario Killing Pokemon.com(even though that's not likely-I just needed to give an example).

« Reply #85 on: June 10, 2003, 09:41:47 PM »
Are you copying me on purpose? I think I said that exact sentence you just said-with the heyyyy....you know.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #86 on: June 10, 2003, 09:47:25 PM »
I just uploaded powerup.wav with "Easy Upload".  Then I inserted it (insert>basic>background sound), looped it(checked box), and saved the page (as powerup).
 http://www.geocities.com/dr_shows/powerup.html

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2003, 09:54:04 PM »
If you looked at it closer, you'd have noticed that I was *quoting* you so that you would know specifically to what I was responding to.

--------------------

« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2003, 10:02:16 PM »
Sapphira, you should be an editor for an newspaper-you know that?
I can't even see half the stuff you point out!
Oh, Luigison, I'll see what you're talking about.

« Reply #89 on: June 11, 2003, 07:25:20 AM »
jon, the way you do it is you go into the File Manager and you click on Upload Files.  Browse for your file(s) and press ok when you're ready.  Your music is on the site.

If I had a dime for every time someone called me forgetful, I''d... um... What were we talking about again?
Yoshi likes to dance in his backwards saddle!

Print