Print

Author Topic: All Fungi Forum Newbies-Come Here First  (Read 7591 times)

« on: July 01, 2003, 09:12:35 AM »
Hello, this is jon. I am the one of many Fungi Forum people who'll stick around for a long long time and we hope that you will do the same.
Now it has been to our attention that most newbies start out with a thread that says something like "I'm a Newbie!" or something like that. It is very annoying to do that. After about 20 or so posts, the threads are just like a pile of dung-waiting for flies. Eh, sorry for saying THAT, but you get the point.

Instead, you should just introduce yourself here. Unlike those "Ima Newbie!" threads, this one should continue going. This might as well be the friendlyiest place to go in all of TMK forums since there are newbies here and we need to be nice so they'll stay.

I would just like to say welcome to all those and hope you stay! We've been getting people who come, leave us a newbie thread, and has left a long time ago....so just please come here-you can make threads for other things you know.

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants!
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2003, 09:23:57 AM »
This is brilliant! I'm in heaven!

(Somehow, I bet you knew I'd like this...)

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2003, 09:39:20 AM »
Someone had to do this sooner or later....

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2003, 09:49:32 AM »
 It's a good idea, in theory. It's been attmepted many times before, at many, many different forums.

However, it's doomed to fail here. These forums do not have a sort of "Sticky" option, that can hold the topic up at the top of the page. And so, as long as this topic stays on it's original topic, it will eventually fall down the page.

Sure, you could bump it up, but that's no better than spam.

Another problem is, even at sites that do have such options, New Members often ignore this post anyway. A lot of New Members come once, and leave, as you said. It happens a lot. However, I'm willing to bet, most of them don't even look at the topics before posting.

I'm sure this may save us a few threads, but in the long run, I don't think it will work out as well as you think it will.

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2003, 09:56:07 AM »
hi people i'm related to uvg
!

monkey die is here to stay so beware!!!!!!!!!!
do the hula dance in your not-backwords pants!do the huladance in your not-backwords pants!

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2003, 09:57:19 AM »
hi people i'm related to uvg
!

do the hula dance in your not-backwords pants!do the huladance in your not-backwords pants!

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2003, 10:31:38 AM »
See, less than an hour and we already get a bite.

Hi. Your spelling is infinitely better than uvg's but your capitalization and punctuation needs work. I wonder if your signature will prove true.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2003, 04:39:36 PM »
My first post was a couple days ago and I said I was a newbie only because I had read that phrase a couple times too... and because I wanted to be acknowledged but I guess jon is right. That phrase IS annoying.
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2003, 07:35:39 PM »
Yeah! Two newbies came! But did they post annoying threads????? Hmmmmm. Well, there probably WERE other threads like this, but getting it at the top is probably good(except most new topic thingys usually get about 20 posts, then it's stupid.

But, at least it never hurts to try....

« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2003, 08:01:41 PM »
It's funny, I was thinking of asking Deezer to add a new forum topic for newbie introductions, but this works too.

"I see!" said the blind man, to his deaf son, as the no-legged man walked by.

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2003, 10:42:28 PM »
Hello.

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2003, 04:22:34 PM »
Whoa, this topic does fall! Weird.

« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2003, 03:41:47 PM »
ilkjkjkjhkjlkjkljjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjfrcftttttttttttt sory ifeel asleep on the keys.

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 7/6/2003 10:03:39 PM

« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2003, 03:46:20 PM »
loooongest post eeeeeeeeeeeeeeever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111

Edited by - Chupperson Weird on 7/6/2003 10:04:35 PM

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2003, 03:53:12 PM »
Oh, Steeeee-eeeve~! Li'l editing help over here, please? ;D

--------------------
Deep inside us all is a little green elf telling us to burn things.
"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

Print