Print

Author Topic: I'm learning HTML!  (Read 4796 times)

« on: September 14, 2003, 12:52:52 AM »
I'm currently learning HTML from someone on Runescape Community so soon I can make a MARIO Fan Site!
Wahoo!
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2003, 12:35:01 PM »
You know...... I couldve taught you.......

-----------------------------
Mario likes to dance in his backwards pants! Yay!

« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2003, 02:49:14 PM »
jon, do you have anymore HTML tricks to show us besides the ones on Ultamate HTML?

X-Box and PS2 Suck with a capital "S".
Deezer was here.

« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2003, 02:54:14 PM »
Yes, definetly.

<meta http-equiv="Page-Enter" content="filter:
    progid:DXImageTransform.Microsoft.Pixelate();"">
******* LANGUAGE="JavaScript">
</style>*******>
  function center() {
    if (navigator.appVersion.indexOf('MSIE') != -1)
      document.all['root'].style.left = Math.max((document.body.clientWidth - 800) / 2, 0);
    else
      document.PageElement.LAYERS['root'].left = Math.max((window.innerWidth - 800) / 2, 0);
  }
********>

<p>

The stars isnt me cursing, it's just substituting the word "script"

This is what makes TMK do its screen transition. It's also the MarioTendo screen transition(before Mario Master had changed it).

Edited by - jon on 9/14/2003 1:56:16 PM

« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2003, 04:01:31 PM »
How can you make it not substitute the word "script"?

X-Box and PS2 Suck with a capital "S".
Deezer was here.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2003, 05:23:00 PM »
Deezer made it block the < symbol with the word script so that you can't run dangerous scripts on the Fungi Forums.

< script

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2003, 09:28:20 PM »
What Luigison said. Exactly. Wouldnt it have blocked what CashCrazed did that one day with his "Java tricks"?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2003, 09:43:22 PM »
For every safeguard there is probably at least one work around.  That is, he knew a way to make his script function anyway.  He was the one that suggest that Deezer block the script when HTML was turned on.

My wife works for the military and has taught classes on intrusion detection systems.  Specificly she taught the guys that guard the US's nuclear missles.  I hope no one ever finds a way around those systems.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2003, 09:49:38 PM »
Can she open a dat file?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2003, 10:06:07 PM »
You could just delete it from DOS?  Although, it may be a needed windows file.  It seems the one you are talking about is the one that logs internet sites you have visited.  Try deleting your temporary internet files and history.  If you can't do it manually try a system cleaner like the one at http://www.cyberscrub.info/index/

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2003, 10:08:41 PM »
Ok, I do delete that stuff. I know that it still saves the sites you visit on one of the 15 index.dat files that i have. And DOS? Ok, Ive heard of that way, but exactly how do you do this procedure?

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2003, 10:19:18 PM »
It depends on your systems.  What OS are you running?

You need to write done the location of the file you want to delete.  For example, C:\WINDOWS\Cookies\index.dat.

Then boot to DOS.  You may not be able to  simply open a DOS prompt from Windows since that file might be in use by Windows.  Instead use a boot disc or safe recovery to boot with DOS.  Do not load Windows.  Now change the directory to the folder the file is in.  For example, CD\windows.  I may have that slash wrong.  Then delete index.dat.  Again, this may be a file that Windows needs, so if it doesn't put a new one back when you reboot you may have to do that yourself.  Godspeed.

« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2003, 10:23:10 PM »
WHAT THE HECK? Ummmm........ okeyy... I have XP Home Edition, but...... what you said confused me.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2003, 10:30:55 PM »
XP doens't have much DOS so I don't know if it can be done the way I said.  I have never used it, but you might want to try the free trial at http://www.cyberscrub.info/index/ instead.  All of this is assuming that XP will not let you delete the file directly.

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2003, 09:17:38 PM »
PKB show us your HTML skills.

« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2003, 12:15:44 AM »
Well I can type in BOLD,And i'll try and post a pic if I can....just got learnt it today....

Uhhh i think that's right....

Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2003, 12:17:46 AM »
Woo! It Worked! My Picture! It Worked!
My Beautiful Picture worked!
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2003, 11:15:25 AM »
Yeah, you've got some m4d ski113z, there.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven!”

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2003, 12:47:01 AM »
Please,keep the 1337ness to a minimum please.
Jon,did you use Geocities to build your site?
Plus,how do you make that moving text?

Your site looks so cool....
Find your inner monkey.

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2003, 02:19:34 AM »
heheheh, ya, he did. I did too, but I bought a domain, so it dousnt say http://www.geocities.com/... in front of my sites address. I am sort of a newbie at HTML too, but not as new as you... although Jon! WOW! he's got a FAST! PC!! + he's gotta lot of HTML EXP.!! hahaha, I used a RPG... um... never mind... but, I do have a HTML cheat sheet if you are interested, It tells you all of the basic of making a page. ( well, All of the basic scripts, and what they do...) I could e-mail it to you if you would like. thats how I leared...

* Are you happy now? *
AN official unofficial moderator
------------------------------
Some things are good left unsaid. This may be one of them...

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2003, 01:41:29 PM »
n4I-I, 1337 !5 t3h r0x0r.
4/\/I) j00 54!I) p13453 7\/\/!c3.
That was a joke.

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2003, 10:13:23 PM »
Ok i'll have a sheet,email me,my address SHOULD be in my profile.
Find your inner monkey.

Print