Print

Author Topic: The Matrix  (Read 4966 times)

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« on: March 31, 2004, 01:21:11 AM »
The thread about the "Mario Reloaded" flash movie got me thinking.  What does everyone think of the Matrix trilogy?  Most people I've talked to loved the first, hated the second, and were indifferent about the third (having stopped cared after being disapointed by Reloaded).  I don't understand these reactions.  I personally think that the trilogy as a whole was very good, and that none of the three movies were particularly better or worse than any of the others.  Yes, the second movie was a mindless orgy of gratuitous violence with little to no character development or originality.  But, quite frankly, so was the first, and the third.  It doesn't matter, because all three were darn entertaining, and the deeper messages presented through the trilogy, while being unoriginal and unsubtle, still made the trilogy as a whole more memorable and significant than most action movies.  That's my opinion, anyway.

So what do you all think?  Can someone explain to me why everyone hates Reloaded?

This is not a signature.

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2004, 08:03:11 AM »
I love all the movies in the Matrix trilogy because, as a nerd, my job is to do so.
Really.
I'm not kidding.
I really did like Revolutions.
Stop staring.

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2004, 06:57:48 PM »
I only saw the last one, and it was great, except that Mr. Smith was so serious and his face shook when he was talking, so I had to keep from laughing at how seroius he was.  Also, it was kinda weird when they were fighting in midair, it made me think of DragonBall Z.  I don't know anyone who didn't like the middle one.  I should see it, my brother has it on DVD.

''Are spirits delicious?''

Edited by - Markio on 3/31/2004 4:58:41 PM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2004, 08:13:41 PM »
I love the Matrix trilogy. I own The Matrix and Matrix: Reloaded on DVD, I plan on buying Revolutions.

My other signature is a Porsche.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2004, 09:43:41 PM »
You only saw the last one?  Wow, I'll bet that it made NO SENSE AT ALL.  Not that missing out on the finer plot points would really hurt your enjoyment of this type of movie.

So everyone here liked all of them?  Or perhaps only the people who liked the Matrix trilogy bothered to check out and respond to a thread titled "The Matrix?"  I hope it's the first one, because the trilogy is really quite good, and I'm glad to see that people out there appreciated it.

This is not a signature.

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2004, 10:24:33 PM »
Ugh... I have yet to see Reloaded and Revolutions. Also, I've never seen any LOTR either... It's not fair!!! My father told me we'd see them and when the weekend rolled around, we never did! *breaks down and weeps loudly*

Watoad

• Self-evictor
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2004, 12:56:14 AM »

“Hey, Strong Bad. You jumped over some u’ my busses.”

The weaker you are, the stronger you can become.

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2004, 12:57:19 AM »
There is no Mushroom.

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

WarpRattler

• Paid by the word
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2004, 01:15:27 AM »
I liked them all...but I liked the Animatrix better than any of the movies.

("o0o") My metroid thinks you are stupid. People who
....v...v disagree with metroids often get sucked dry.
This is donotcare95, phasing out<•>_<•>

« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2004, 02:27:32 AM »
I've got Animatrix on DVD, and I got it as a bargain too...

Who has all three movies, plus Animatrix and Enter the Matrix (preferably the GameCube version, if not the best version, which is the PC version)!?

As well as the U.S. comics and the manga?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!

...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!

I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2004, 07:12:00 PM »
I've seen The Animatrix. I thought some of the shorts were cool but some were kinda...well...dumb.
I mean-No! I liked them! Really! Agh! Nothing makes sense anymore!

I might be Sadib...
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2004, 08:12:51 PM »
I watched the Matrix in class, I still wonder why we did that...

Siempre ubi sub ubi!!!
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 10:45:18 PM by Koopaslaya »
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2004, 08:58:27 PM »
Because it's about believing in The One, or in Theology, Jesus. Or at least I'm guessing.

Time slowed and Reality bent.
But on and on the Eggman went.

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2004, 02:31:19 AM »
I seem to have an impression that lots of people are comparing Neo to The Christ...

Are the Wasoaski Brothers telling us something?

I am a pure Super Mario lover!!
...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even drawn the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!
I am a pure Super Mario lover!! ...and in no point in the future will he ever be abandonded by me!
I will even draw the best Super Mario comics ever to exist!!

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2004, 01:10:33 PM »
Obviously people compare Neo to Christ.  The symbolizism in this regard was intentional and obvious.  Neo was the One, the savior, who died so that others might live, and the glowing cross of light during Neo's death scene was obviously meant to bring to mind Jesus's crucifiction.  However, the metaphor ends there.  Neo was an @$$-kicking kung fu savior, whereas Jesus was a non-violent, merciful savior.  The point of this instance of symbolism in the Matrix trilogy was not to teach us anything about our world or about Christianity.  It was just meant to make the movie more entertaining by appealing to cultural heritage.

This is not a signature.

Print