Print

Author Topic: OCD  (Read 3406 times)

Markio

• Normal
« on: June 15, 2004, 08:22:46 PM »
Does anyone here have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?  I'm just wondering...

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if you have good aim!
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Forest Guy

• Anything else?
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2004, 10:40:29 PM »
Ah yes... Osteochondritis dissecans. It's a condition in dogs where the degeneration of bone underlying the cartilage of joint areas. It's commonly found in young, fast growing dogs, or in large breeds, also common in Basset Hounds.

Ohhhh! You meant Obsessive Compulsive Disorder! It's confusing... they both have OCD as an acronym...

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2004, 04:39:51 AM »
I'm washing my hands for the 23rd time this day and typing this sentence at the same time.

ProTip: The Konami c0de r0x0rz.

Insane Steve

• Professional Cynic
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2004, 07:57:03 AM »
I have compulsive tendencies, but I haven't actually been diagnosed with this disorder.

~I.S.~
~I.S.~

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2004, 11:45:52 AM »
I haven't been diagnosed either, but I looked up all the common compulsions, obsessions, and symptoms, and I have practically all of them.  Remember that Paranoia thread I made?  All those paranoid things I did sound a lot like the symptom of  needing to have everything "just so".  I NEED the closet door shut when I sleep, I NEED to check if the lock on the bathroom door is locked, I NEED to hide from cars when they drive by, I NEED to turn off the sink faucet when my mom leaves it on to rinse something she threw in the sink.  I think I have OCD...

An apple a day keeps the doctor away, especially if you have good aim!

Edited by - Markio on 6/16/2004 10:52:07 AM
"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2004, 01:24:07 PM »
I NEED to turn on a light before I enter a dark room. I NEED to unlock a door before I open it. I NEED to close my eyes when I go to sleep. I NEED to inhale before I exhale.

"They say that opposites attract. She''s really something and I''m really nothing. How much more opposite can you get?"- Charlie Brown
This is a secret coded message.

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2004, 01:29:01 PM »
How do you know that it isn't the other way around, and that you NEED to exhale before you can inhale?

There is no ''I'' in team...Nor is there an ''I'' in group, gang, crew, squad, club, band, party, crowd, cluster, troop, or set.
Your sig is annoying. -Deezer

Sapphira

• Inquiring
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2004, 04:05:03 PM »
I'm officially diagnosed with OCPD, but that is much different than OCD.

I've noticed I tend to have slight tendencies of OCD b/c of it, like having to make sure I get every single bit of shampoo/conditioner out of my hair when I wash it or I freak out...heheheh...

--------------------

Wise men talk because they have something to say;

fools, because they have to say something.

"The surest way to happiness is to lose yourself in a cause greater than yourself."

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2004, 06:19:17 PM »
A friend of mine was diagnosed with depression....

...She was so depressed when she heard about it...
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

Black Mage

• HP 1018 MP 685
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2004, 07:40:32 PM »
 If that was a joke, it was of quite bad taste.

Be sure not to let something like that slip again.

If it wasn't, then I'm sorry to hear it.

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2004, 04:11:49 PM »
I occasionally have compulsive temdencies, such as overconstantly (is that a word?) saving in video games.

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2004, 10:12:23 PM »
I get reeeeeeeeeealy mad if someone touches my computer screen or Game Boy screen. But that's about it. I just like clean screens, what can I say?

“I’m a stupid fatty and I love to play with my Easy Bake oven.”

Print