Print

Author Topic: Mariology (serious posts wanted)  (Read 477118 times)

Trainman

• Bob-Omg
« Reply #1815 on: April 01, 2010, 12:22:20 PM »
I figured out a possible explanation as to how Mario can jump high and run as fast as he can after I stumbled upon this Wikipedia article:

Qing Gong (traditional Chinese: 輕功; simplified Chinese: 轻功; pinyin: qīnggōng; Cantonese Yale: Hìng Gùng, Wade-Giles: chin k'ung) translates to "light body skill", and consists of two main skills: One being the ability to perform vertical jumps of a height many times that of the human body, and the other being the ability to travel long distances with a flitting, continuous motion as if flying.

Also, Koopa predecessor?

Formerly quite reasonable.

« Reply #1816 on: April 07, 2010, 08:43:41 AM »
Qing Gong sounds interesting... But I doubt Mario would do that, considering he's a 5,1ft tall chubby man who's kind of lazy. His skills comes from the fact he's a Star Child.

By the way, I'm not sure if anyone noticed it but...
http://www.mariowiki.com/images/c/c9/WaluigiMP8a.PNG

PURPLE IN JAPAN = DEATH
BLACK IN THE REST OF THE WORLD = DEATH

Who IS really Waluigi, anyway ? Not only does he controls a powerful kind of black magic, but he's also extraordinary powerful (physcially) (he can beat Bowser) although he's not a Star Child... And what is his backstory ? What's the link between him and Luigi ? How did he and Wario met ?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:13:10 AM by Koopalmier »

« Reply #1817 on: April 11, 2010, 08:08:02 AM »
I think that this is rather interesting subject, i have my own theories as we speak. i think that those galaxies seen in SMG and its sequel are actually pieces of the mushroom world that Bowser has ripped out of the planet by his magic, and the inhabitants are brainwashed in thinking that they have been living like that for their entire life, or something like that.
Power of People is stronger than People in Power.

« Reply #1818 on: April 13, 2010, 04:05:58 PM »
Got any proof ? Personally, I think that most of them are just asteroids and planetoids orbiting around the Mushroom World, like the Moon. The "galaxies" in SMG2 can be considered as moons, actually.

Something interesting: the Star Rod does more than just making people's wishes and dreams come true. You see, there are 7 planets in Mario's solar system (as shown in PM2). You learn in SMG2 that the Mushroom World is the first planet of this solar system, and thus the most near of the Sun.

...but it's so near the planet behind it is almost a fireball. So I think the Star Rod must protect the Mushroom World and make it a planet where life would be possible.

Hacker Pikachu 25

• Technicolor nightmare
« Reply #1819 on: April 16, 2010, 11:00:47 PM »
Got any proof ? Personally, I think that most of them are just asteroids and planetoids orbiting around the Mushroom World, like the Moon. The "galaxies" in SMG2 can be considered as moons, actually.

Something interesting: the Star Rod does more than just making people's wishes and dreams come true. You see, there are 7 planets in Mario's solar system (as shown in PM2). You learn in SMG2 that the Mushroom World is the first planet of this solar system, and thus the most near of the Sun.

...but it's so near the planet behind it is almost a fireball. So I think the Star Rod must protect the Mushroom World and make it a planet where life would be possible.
Kinda like Dream Land's Star Rod and Dark Matter?
Klonoa is the best game I've played YET!!!

« Reply #1820 on: April 17, 2010, 12:23:44 AM »
There can be life on Pop Star not because of the Star Rod of this planet, but because it's orbited by a moon and a sun.

Now let's talk about something.
Here is how Mario's solar system is (or at least was before the solar system was basically destroyd then recreated in SMG), as seen in Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat:
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7015/solarsystem2.png

WHITE CIRCLE = MOON

I don't believe the fact Miyamoto said there was no set storyline or universe in the Mario series (and all the related series). We always saw 7 planets in Mario's solar system. In PM2, at the top of the Riddle Tower, you'll see some kind of mechanical system representing the solar system. And you see 7 planets orbiting the Sun, with the first planet (apparently the Mushroom World) having a blue thing through it (so we can be sure it's the first planet in the solar system). In DK: JB... Look up. In SMG2, we'll see 7 planets ("Worlds") + a 8th one created by Bowser (following the "8 Worlds" scheme the games are following since SMB).

Also, here's a map of the Mushroom Kingdom, based on what we saw (although I also based it on SMBZ, but who cares ? SMBZ is fan-made, just like this map).
http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2010/106/9/0/Mushroom_Kingdom_map_by_Koopalmier.png

(not on scale)
« Last Edit: April 17, 2010, 12:47:54 AM by Koopalmier »

« Reply #1821 on: May 19, 2010, 07:43:30 PM »
Alright, everyone, I have mind-blowing infos.

- Mario's solar system is our solar system
and
- Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat happens in another reality

World 2 of SMG2 is Mario's solar system (apparently you go more and more far from Mario's planet as worlds go), and you can see the last planets of our solar system. I don't know if I'm happy or disgusted. Also it'd seems that the Sun has grow bigger at the times of Mario games.

« Reply #1822 on: May 19, 2010, 07:47:12 PM »
Pics please?
YYur  waYur n beYur you Yur plusYur instYur an Yur Yur whaYur

« Reply #1823 on: May 20, 2010, 10:07:39 AM »
In a recent gameplay footage, we saw the world map of World 2. Apparently, the more worlds you get through, the farther you get from Mario's planet. World 1 is near Mario's planet, World 2 is near the solar system, World 3 is even farther as you can see the nebula where Mario's solar system is...

And you can see our solar system's last planets. However, because the asteroid belt isn't at the same place as our solar system's, I guess that the only link between our solar system and Mario's is the last planets and other celestial objects. The planets you can clearly see are Saturn, Uranus, Neptune and two dwarf planets.

I can't see Jupiter. Either the Sun grew and Jupiter is (very unlikely) Mario's planet, either it's another solar system but with similar planets.

Here's the video:
http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/29418
Go at 02:22 for a view of the solar system from the Starship Mario, and some seconds later the solar system seen from the world map. Also we see Mario's planet from the world map in the first part.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1824 on: May 20, 2010, 02:08:41 PM »
My money's the on the "fictional solar system" angle. I mean come ON.

Besides, the idea of Mario ever having been from the "real world" hasn't been mentioned since Mario is Missing!, and do we really want that to be officially acknowledged by the Mario games of today?

Chupperson Weird

• Not interested.
« Reply #1825 on: May 21, 2010, 11:47:08 AM »
It's been pretty clear since like forever ago that Mario isn't on Earth.
That was a joke.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1826 on: May 21, 2010, 12:05:22 PM »
It wasn't a question of being ON Earth but FROM Earth. Yoshi's Island would contradict that pretty clearly, but that certainly doesn't stop people from saying "Oh, they were sent to be raised by an Italian couple in the real world", which really doesn't make much sense as Mario and Luigi already LOOK Italian, plus it's pretty evident that people in the Mushroom World can have foreign accents just the same (see: The Thousand-Year Door).

Sorry, just having a mini-rant over the whole thing. This isn't directed at anyone in particular.

« Reply #1827 on: May 21, 2010, 01:53:44 PM »
I don't understand why people like to make a big deal out of Yoshi's Island.  It really doesn't contradict the idea of Mario being from Brooklyn.  The babies were simply delivered to the Mushroom Kingdom, not necessarily born there.  Personally, I've always liked to think that the Mario brothers were born in Brooklyn and raised in an Italian family and that their presence in Yoshi's Island was simply a side effect of the future Mario and Luigi messing around with time travel as seen in later games.

The Chef

• Super
« Reply #1828 on: May 21, 2010, 04:10:37 PM »
Or maybe they were just born in the Mushroom Kingdom and lived there. End of story.

Heck, even Donkey Kong has never been referred to as taking place in Brooklyn. The 1994 enhanced remake of it has the opening stages labelled as "Big City", and Mario and Pauline are seen hanging around in the Mushroom Kingdom during the game's end.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 01:59:26 PM by Sapphira »

« Reply #1829 on: May 21, 2010, 06:15:04 PM »
Excuse me for what I thought before. Mario's (obviously fictional) solar system is not our's.

Also, yeah, no Mario game (not counting the sport, party and puzzle spin-offes, their official websites, and the games Ninteod of Japan doesn't even know about like Mario is Missing) make references to Mario being from Earth. The only Earth reference is when Miyamoto said that he designed Mario Bros. thinking about a New York sewer system, but that doesn't mean it IS that. Only that he designed it while thinking of that.

Also, when someone here will have SMG2 could he/her re-draw on a paper the shape of the continents on Mario's planet (can be seen from the World selection and the Galaxy selection of World 1) and scan it, please ?

Print