Print

Author Topic: Optical Illusions  (Read 2690 times)

Luigison

• Old Person™
« on: January 22, 2005, 10:48:05 PM »

Optical Illusions

Edited by - Luigison on 1/23/2005 7:47:45 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2005, 11:34:27 PM »
Now you know where the "DS focusing aid" in the mailbag came from.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2005, 11:36:50 PM »
Thanks, Luigison.

Edited by - Markio on 1/23/2005 12:00:33 PM

"Hello Kitty is cool, but I like Keroppi the best."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2005, 11:51:41 PM »
Here you go Markio:

Another optical illusion.

MEGAߥTE, I think thats where I original got the url.  I found it again when I was cleaning out my favorites.

Edited by - Luigison on 1/23/2005 7:51:27 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Fifth

• Quadruped
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2005, 01:39:34 AM »
Some of those'd make pretty irritating tiled backgrounds for a webpage.  Like the green-checked one with the white and red plusses, or whatever.

Go Moon!
Go Moon!

« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2005, 12:39:56 PM »
@_@ W-Wow! What a trip! (J/K) Those are cool illusions!

TMK fan since three years ago!
TMK fan since three years ago!

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2005, 01:06:10 PM »
The first one Luigison showed made me feel kind of dizzy.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2005, 02:02:29 PM »
I don't know what that black and white spiral ball thing is supposed to do.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2005, 04:40:50 PM »
Markio, there is no spiral in that black and white one. That's the illusion.

"Good morning. And in case I don''t see you again: Good afternoon, good evening, and good night."- Truman, The Truman Show
This is a secret coded message.

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2005, 05:54:18 PM »
Ah, now I see what that sphere-shaped one is supposed to do. However, I never saw a spiral in it. Even as I try to see a spiral, I can't!

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2005, 06:44:46 PM »
Luigison, did you not see this notice on his page?

---
Most of the material contained within these pages was created by Akiyoshi Kitaoka and is not copyright-free. If you wish to use any of the material for research purposes, personal purposes, or educational purposes, you may do so only if you include a citation. To cite my work, use my name, my website address, the title of my book, or the titles of my papers. For commercial or professional use, please contact me directly. I will forward your request to the publisher "Kanzen" who manages my published material. If you are a journalist and wish to use my material, only I can grant you permission to use my work.

For commercial customers, we can send image files in Adobe Illustrator format (ver. 8 or 10) or in bitmap (jpeg) format of any size. We also have files available in PDF, CorelDRAW, MS-Word, and related formats. <November 18, 2004>

I have received a number of requests asking for permission to upload some of my illusion designs to websites and I have granted such permission on an individual basis. Hereafter, I grant permission to upload to your webpage up to three (3) images if your webpage is not a commercial site and does not contain indecent, obscene, or illegal content. My name and the address of my webpage (a link is OK) should be cited. If the image is shown in one of my books, e.g. "(c)Akiyoshi Kitaoka "Trick eyes" Tokyo: KANZEN 2002" should be included. If you need more images, please contact me. Moreover, a cautionary message or warning like "These images might make observers feel sick" is necessary if they are anomalous motion illusions. <September 24, 2003>
---
etc. etc.

Markio

• Normal
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2005, 07:55:25 PM »
If you mean it looks like a black and white checkered path that spirals out to make a sphere, that's not what I'm talking about, I know it's a bunch of rings.  But the black and white differe along every ring so there are lines coming out from the middle, I still don't know what it's supposed to do.

“You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view.” -Atticus Finch

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2005, 09:44:34 PM »
Thanks.  I probably "saw" the notice, but couldn't read it.  

Print