Paper Mario:TTYD
13 (46.4%)
M&L:SS
2 (7.1%)
M&L:PIT
1 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Print

Author Topic: Favorite Mario RPG  (Read 18279 times)

« on: April 24, 2005, 10:40:30 AM »
Yay, my first topic on here! Anyway, the subject is pertty self-explanitory.

My favorite right now is Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door easily. Maybe it's not entirely fair since I never palyed SMRPG, but I can't get enoguh of PM:TTYD. It easily has the best story of the ones I've played and better developed, more endearing characters. I like all of PM2's partners better than PM1's. It's alot of fun to play and I can't wait to finish it!

After PM:TTYD, I like Mario and Luigi, SuperStar Saga then the orgianl Paper Mario.

Random Anime Quote:
"Dita... let''s go!"--Hibiki Tokai. Vandread Second Stage episode 13.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2005, 11:35:50 AM »
You must play SMRPG. Get it on Amazon or Ebay or wherever, but you must have it.
I wrote a walkthrough on M&L, but now I don't know what to do with it.

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
All your dreeeeeeams begiiin to shatterrrrrr~
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2005, 11:48:48 AM »
I'll have to get an SNES first but I'll see what I can do.

Random Anime Quote:
"Dita... let''s go!"--Hibiki Tokai. Vandread Second Stage episode 13.
Random Anime Quote: "Wiggle, Squiggle! Look, I'm a mollusk!"
--Freesia Yagyu, Jubei-Chan 2 episode 3.

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2005, 12:31:29 PM »
I've played through PM:TTYD twice. The second time I am trying to 100% the game.

“How ironic; ‘Rogers’ – it almost rhymes with... ‘eliminate.’”
~Stewie from Family Guy

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2005, 01:06:34 PM »
Ooh, you don't have a SNES? Ouch.

Got Bird? -Bird Person<(^v^)>
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2005, 02:58:10 PM »
I've only played two, both being the Paper Mario games.

Both were done nicely. The characters from Paper Mario: TTYD were cooler, but the music from the first Paper Mario was a lot better.
"Be yourself. Everyone else is taken."

« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2005, 04:12:02 PM »
Mario and Luigi is my favorite for that reason.
Mario AND Luigi.

"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."
"At Dukar, we place our emphasis on serving you, supporting
you, and helping you be as successful as possible."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2005, 05:59:52 PM »
Heheh, right! I love PM:TTYD the most.

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2005, 07:11:33 PM »
Paper MArio 2.  The game is SO fun, and I love the story most of all.  The charactors are great, and the plot is intruiging.  My very partner of MArio's is definantly the Yoshi.  I like his red mowhawk like thing.

"Mario!  How dare you interupt my family vacation!"
Maybe there is more to me than there is to me...

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2005, 08:35:04 PM »
Super Mario RPG was top notched.

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2005, 12:38:08 PM »
Super Mario RPG is synonymous with overrated.

Let's rank the four.

Graphics: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door > Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga > Paper Mario > Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Gameplay: Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door > Paper Mario > Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga > Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Storyline: Paper Mario > Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door > Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga > Super Mario RPG: The Legend of the Seven Stars

Charm: Paper Mario > Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door > Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga > Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Ingenuity: Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga > Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door > Paper Mario > Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

Honestly now, how do you rank SMRPG above any of the others? It had crappy pretend 3D. It tried to mimic Mario's platforming genre, but fails miserably compared to the latter three. Remember Vines? They're the only one who phailed at that kind of gameplay. And if you took the Mario out of the RPG, it would still be intact; it doesn't have a Mario feeling. Switch the Mario characters to original characters, and the gameplay won't make you think Mario.

BP

• Beside Pacific
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2005, 01:09:18 PM »
If you took Mario out of SMRPG, there would still be mushrooms and goombas and Toadstool and Bowser and toads and yoshis. Therefore, you are entirely wrong. SMRPG had a great storyline and a very Mario-ish feel. Oh, and "Super RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars" doesn't sound too appetizing. Mario belongs in that game.

A bird can fly… But a fly can’t bird!!! –Bird Person<(^v^)>
It's YOUR problem!

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2005, 01:17:04 PM »
You KNOW what I meant when I said Mario. I meant the Mario SERIES. Paper Mario wouldn't be the same without the Mario series, but Super Mario RPG could survive very easily without Mario in it, because it doesn't have any sort of a Mario feel. And don't tell me "but you can jump!" You can jump in Zelda: Link's Awakening. Doesn't make it a platformer. SMRPG is a failed attempt at a Platformer/RPG; in battle, the Timed Attacks were limited to 'Tap this button so many times!' 'Push A when you land!', whilst Paper Mario and the others had more advanced timed hits. Plus, the enemy's characteristics have nothing to do with the battle. Each enemy feels like the same enemy, but with different visuals and different names for their attacks, except for Spinies. But their Spiked tops make them invulnerable from damage, but you take no damage. In Paper Mario, spiked enemies can't be jumped upon without the right badge, you can't hit a flying enemy with your Hammer (can't reach), a Koopa Troopa's shell raises their defense unless they're flipped onto their back, but a Shady Koopa is still dangerous on its back. What does SMRPG have? Enemies are barely unique at all.

Sqrt2

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2005, 01:33:04 PM »
Since I haven't played SMRPG (I am unlucky enough to live in a PAL region) or Superstar Saga, I am going to go with PM:TTYD.

Vote Labour.
Bringing Britain backwards, not forwards.
AA fanboy and proud!

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2005, 01:57:47 PM »
I have played and beaten all four of the Mario RPGs. I personally thought PM:TTYD had a more developed storyline than PM did, then again M&L:SS probably had the most plot twists. SMRPG also had a great storyline, too. I absolutely enjoyed the music from all four games. My favorite musics out of the games are:

Smorg Battle and ????? Battle from Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Parade/Credits and Shy Guy's Toybox from Paper Mario

Bowletta Battle and Credits from Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

Ending and Boss Battle from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

What are all of your favorite musics?

“How ironic; ‘Rogers’ – it almost rhymes with... ‘eliminate.’”
~Stewie from Family Guy

Edited by - nintendoexpert89 on 5/1/2005 1:06:08 PM

Print