Print

Author Topic: DDR Mario Mix videos and info  (Read 4807 times)

MEGAߥTE

• In flames
« on: May 17, 2005, 02:02:20 PM »
From IGN.

From Nintendo:

KEY INFORMATION

Boogie down with Marioâ„¢ in his own dance party!

Players shake their things to more than 25 dance-flavored songs, from classic Nintendo themes to familiar favorites. With five difficulty levels, dancers of all abilities will be able to get into the groove.

Have fun getting in shape! The special "Workout" feature tracks the calories burned while playing.
Game Storyline: Someone has stolen the Music Keys and released the music they held. Without the Music Keys, the unstable power of the music is wreaking havoc on the land. Mario must recover them before the chaos destroys the entire Mushroom Kingdom! The path to the keys is simple: Left, Right, Up, Down, Right, Down...

Characters: Mario, Luigi, Toad, Waluigi, Warioâ„¢, Bowser

How to progress through the game: In Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix, players clear levels by performing the correct steps. Once they clear all the levels in a particular world, they'll collect a Music Key. Collect all the Music Keys to win.

Special powers/weapons/moves/features: Players control Dance Dance Revolution: Mario Mix by stepping on different arrows on the Action Pad. Players can finally experience the thrill of stomping Goombas and other enemies firsthand. As players clear songs, they will unlock more songs, minigames and difficulty levels.

« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2005, 02:12:32 PM »
Yoshi and Peach aren't in it?!  NO!!!!  I hope you can unlock them somehow like in Double Dash.

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
(E I): o{D___(--I I): o(D___(o 8(= P)___(=(:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 02:13:36 PM »
I say BOO! to unlockable difficulty levels. That's the one thing I hated about Donkey Konga.

“Using the Semicolon can sometimes be a tricky proposition from a syntactical perspective!”

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2005, 02:51:30 PM »
Oh yeah, I didn't catch that the first time.  I hate that too.  It's like paying to be torturted!

"Do you got a mullet goin’ on?"
The cake is a lie, your base belongs to us, keyboard cat will play you off as you fall out of the bus.

Hirocon

• June 14-16, every year
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2005, 08:33:35 PM »
I noticed that the list of features does not mention a dance editor.  What gives?  PS2 owners got dance editors!  I'm a big fan of anything customizable, and I think a dance editor would have been a fairly easy way to tremendously increase the replay value of a game like this.

But, to be perfectly honest, I don't care that much.  This is likely going to be the only DDR game to ever grace the cube, so unless it's total garbage I'll pick it up.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 01:40:51 PM »
Finally, I can dance to Mario tunes with out having to lean from side-to-side (although I don't mind leaning). Hopefully they've put music from the Beetles and the Beach Boys on that game.
Werid Fortune Cookies- Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 05:26:24 AM »
I don't think Toadette is in it either, but I could be wrong.

I am looking foward to seeing Toad get down though. LoL

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2005, 07:39:24 PM »
I uploaded a video of -file deleted- Lizard Dude playing DDR, but be warned; this cropped and zipped version is still over 40 megabytes.  Here are sreenshots of the setup for the song he played, and his score.  I wish I'd also filmed his feet.

Edit: Deleted an extra "the", and moved a misplaced "d".  (Thanks to MegaByte for the space to put this.)

Edited by - Luigison on 5/24/2005 9:39:29 PM

“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2005, 08:34:52 PM »
Luigison, that download doesn't seem to be working properly. My WinRAR said that there was "an unexpected end of archive."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2005, 08:46:34 PM »
It worked when I tested it on my machine, but I'm downloading it again.  I used maximum compression with WinZip in XP, but that shouldn't matter.

Edit:  It appears that it was not all uploaded.  I'll try again.

Edited by - Luigison on 5/24/2005 8:00:00 PM
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2005, 09:24:32 PM »
Sorry, but the server kept timing out and it took longer to send the last 0.2MB than it did to send the first ~40MB.  It's all up now.

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2005, 10:11:18 PM »
I heard a rumor that this game is too easy.  Is it?  I hope not.  I really really want to get this game for christmas just because:
1) Mario is in it
2) Remixed Mario music is in it
3) I've never played a DDR game in my life and really want to
4) I wouldn't mind getting a little workout while I play video games and don't end up like Wario

So I hope it's not too easy because I need a good challenge!  Not just little kids play Mario games, Nintendo.  Please don't do this to me.

And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

Edited by - Yoshisaurus Rex on 7/23/2005 9:12:51 PM

« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2005, 06:21:04 PM »
All right!  It's finally here!  I am ready for this.  Woo hoo!  #1 on my Christmas list, #2 on my Gamecube.  I can’t wait to try this.  No matter what anybody says, I bet I’ll love it.  Be sure to watch if any of the characters ever “Do the Mario”.  XD

All we need now is DDR: Sonic Style game!  Sonic has plenty of awesome music so it would be a really great game just with what they have.  And can you imagine Eggman dancing in that?  The most akward thing ever.

(E I):o{D___(--I I):o(D___(o 8(= P)___(= (:  )@)___(3 I)}:O})+)___<( )=(: )) )

Suffix

• Steamed
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2005, 06:22:37 PM »
This is the only game that isn't for the PC that my parent (female) showed genuine interest in.

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2005, 10:22:28 AM »
I can't believe this.  I heard from the Game FAQs board and the Koopatorivm that stores are running out of Mario Mix, because Nintendo didn't expect people to buy so many and they need to make more mats.  I mean that's great for them that it's doing so well, but I'm worried that my parents didn't get it for me yet for christmas so I would have to wait a long time.  Spring time if I remember correctly from the Koopatorivm.

Print