Print

Author Topic: Mole World  (Read 1816 times)

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« on: November 21, 2005, 06:37:05 PM »
Ok, so today in Honors Chemistry, my teacher did the coolest thing ever. My teacher decided that he needed a way to convey the concept of the mole to us. A mole is the Chemist's dozen, if you don't know. It equals 6.023x10^23 molecules. It can also be used to determine Mass, Volume, and Concentration with many other uses.

In order to get from the masss of an element to the number of particles in it, one must use the mole.

So... my chem  teacher thought up the concept of "MOLE WORLD." In order to get from Mass world to Particle world, you must go through the warp zone, MOLE WORLD. He thenn was like: "HOw many of you play Mario Brothers? I do, I like the warp zone. YOu should all like Mole World." I thought that was a funny thing.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Mr. Melee

• DUUUUDES!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 06:39:56 PM »
Tell the teacher to rock on, from Mr.Melee. Not many teachers I know like video games. But for the science stuff...................uh.
[22:36:29] <Mr_Melee> The day I sell my soul will be the day I sell my hair.
[22:36:44] <SolidShroom> So when you go back to Christian School?

TEM

• THE SOVIET'S MOST DANGEROUS PUZZLE.
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 07:03:29 PM »
Did he tell you guys about Mole Day? My old chemistry teacher celebrates it every year. In addition to that, her room(which is rather large) is completely decked out in mole(the mammal) things. Books, stuffed animals, flags, Mole Day stuff, ornamental plates, you name it, she has it with a mole on it. Her custom license plate reads, "MOLMAMA".

Luigison

• Old Person™
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 07:09:42 PM »
I already use Mario and TMK in a lot of ways in physics, but the only way I've had Mario in chemistry is by playing Big Band Live music during class.  I going to use your teacher's idea.  Thanks.
“Evolution has shaped us with perceptions that allow us to survive. But part of that involves hiding from us the stuff we don’t need to know."

Koopaslaya

• Kansas
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 07:47:55 PM »
Unfortunately, I can't attach the Mole World Worksheet.
Εὐθύνατε τὴν ὁδὸν Κυρίου

Print