Print

Author Topic: Why Can't We All Be Friends?  (Read 13022 times)

« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2005, 05:06:13 PM »
im the only one out of all my friends (that doesnt count my families (were video game fanatics!!!) that actually plays nintendo
"I don't know why they're called boyshorts! Boys don't wear shorts that short!" - Mitchie

« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2005, 02:50:22 PM »
I hate it how most console and PC gamers constantly argue to each other about which is better. It is like they are spending more time arguing than actually playing the games. And in most circumstances, the PC gamer has never really tried much console gaming, and vice versa.

Sorry to quote you, but I am a PC-Console gamer. Yeah, I'm good.
Most Wishy-Washy

« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2005, 06:04:38 PM »
See what I mean? I was anticipating a post like dude677's (not that I don't like him). You see, my topic wasn't about which system is best or how Nintendo rules or whatever, but to ask why the heck everyone is acting like this. I hate to say it, but Nintendo fans are among the worst. They just hate any system that isn't a Nintendo system simply because Nintendo didn't make it. I's like to see one Nintendo fan on this board that owns a PSP, PS2 or Xbox and plays it regularly. I'm not trying to start a fight, but just trying to prove a point.

*Raises hand*

*Tells Poop Dude to raise his hand too*
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2005, 06:21:25 PM »
As you may know, there has been a very long feud going on between the console gamers and the PC gamers. Why is this? Many PC gamers argue that PC games are technologically superior to console games, and thefore all who play console games are primitive monkeys and they hate them. Console gamers argue that PC games are always buggy and unfinished and you have to pay to upgrade them and they hate them. While these and many other claims are based in some truth, we need to stop this. I mean, GamePro has the idea; they cover both PC and console games (although they seem to cover more console games than PC games). Heck, I play games on all three current consoles and the PC. But that's not all: Fans of all three current companies all seem to hate each other. Nintendo fans hate Sony and Microsoft fans because they argue those companies care less about innovation; Microsoft fans sneer at everyone playing GameCube, PS2 and PC games and believe all games should be Xbox-exclusive; and Sony fans are actually pretty nice and agreeable, but there are still lots of constantly angry ones. Now, I'm not saying that all fans are like this (again, look at GamePro), but why must the PC-console/Nintendo-Sony-Microsoft fan wars continue?

How about a big fat no.

This is life. People may not like each other. The world would be creepy if there were no arguments around here. Fights are nothing new. People try to argue because they want to support their system or PC. People may say something, people may not care. Others will want to prove them wrong. Live with it. Life isn't perfect.

See what I mean? I was anticipating a post like dude677's (not that I don't like him). You see, my topic wasn't about which system is best or how Nintendo rules or whatever, but to ask why the heck everyone is acting like this. I hate to say it, but Nintendo fans are among the worst. They just hate any system that isn't a Nintendo system simply because Nintendo didn't make it. I's like to see one Nintendo fan on this board that owns a PSP, PS2 or Xbox and plays it regularly. I'm not trying to start a fight, but just trying to prove a point.

So? I have all of the current-gen consoles, I don't care if people bash me for liking something more than something else. I'm a Nintendo fan, I don't hate any other companies. I love every company. Nintendo fans aren't like that. Some of them are.

So my point is in my signature.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 06:31:53 PM by Aarom11 »

« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2005, 03:11:33 PM »
I like Microsofts, Sonys, and Nintendos games. They all have redeeming factors. Sony has good sports titiles that plays best on their system (Madden), Microsoft has good action (Halo) and racing (Project Gotham Racing), and Nintendo is great for adventure and platformer titles. They all are great. My question is,

Why can't they be friends?
Most Wishy-Washy

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2005, 04:51:31 PM »
EXACTLY. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Wait, I...I just had an idea! I know that this will never happen a hillion jillion years, but what if Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft all banded together to create one big cool game? It could be a shooter. Nintendo could do the whole "innovating" thing (like with Geist), Sony could add a cool story and list of weapons, and Microsoft could polish it all with Halo-style multiplayer and game engine (they could include cool racing segments). And it could come out on all four systems. And not suck. A game like this could bring together all of the constantly fighting game fans together to play deathmatch as football-playing ghosts driving cars that fire turtle shells at plumbers. That would rock so hard I would pee my pants.
every

« Reply #36 on: December 21, 2005, 05:53:37 PM »
In your dreams.

The world would be dull if everybody only had one system, or I shuold say company to praise.

« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2005, 06:29:01 PM »
No competition = higher prices for games and one system = another video game market crash.
As a game that requires six friends, an HDTV, and skill, I can see why the majority of TMK is going to hate on it hard.

« Reply #38 on: December 21, 2005, 07:04:33 PM »
Maybe it will be worse than the E.T. crash.

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2005, 01:36:17 AM »
Because to eliminate this, we would have to eliminate the fact that we can have opinions. Without opinions, there would be no facts, which would result in complete world homogonisation kupo. (SP)

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2005, 09:21:03 AM »
Hey, MOG77, what does 'kupo' mean?
Most Wishy-Washy

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2005, 04:20:39 PM »
It means "one who kupos alot". Actually, I think it's something Moogles say.

But what I meant earlier was not for Microsoft, Nintendo and Sony to merge and form one big company or whatever, but to band together to make one big huge game that would be the coolest game ever. Which it would be.
every

« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2005, 04:35:52 PM »
Kupo is from Kingdom Hearts chain of Memories.

But it would go into more arguement because fans will say Nintendo worked most in this game.

Glorb

• Banned
« Reply #43 on: December 22, 2005, 04:40:56 PM »
Kupo didn't start in KHCM. It started in Final Fantasy Tactics.

This means one thing: check out one of those bizarre, single-minded sites that focus on one thing only. (Kinda like TMK...)
every

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2005, 09:00:19 AM »
Whatever.

Print